It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang of Lithuanian squatters 'snatch ANOTHER home while owner is out

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There seems to be lots of these Baltic states crime gangs in the UK right now. I was reading the front page of a Cheshire/Staffs paper recently and a Latvian gang was caught stripping a church if all its lead! Some decent student saw them in the early hours, rang the police and they caught them red handed.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Step 2: Buy a sledge hammer. Destroy the door. Start hitting the walls. It might cost some to repair but who is going to stay with a crazy british guy swinging a hammer around?

link   
reply to post by defcon5

Deleted

Double post

edit on 23-9-2010 by Miraj because: double post

link   

Originally posted by davespanners
The quickest solution to this would probably be to kick the door in, throw them out and then deal with any problems that arise afterwards.

What I would do
they would last about half an hour in my house.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by budski

Do you know whats really funny?

You seem to be applying your own personal take on the story because of your own personal feelings towards members of other minorities.

Just because your in defence of foreigners coming into this country doesn't mean the accused mentioned in the article are not guilty, as mentioned previously this story has been in newspapers and the news, so far no evidence has been provided that suggest these lithuanians are innocent so there you go ...

Cinsidering the Police themselves said the Lithuanians were victims of the scam as well, your point means nothing.

However, I now see your agenda - are you a BNP member?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
There seems to be lots of these Baltic states crime gangs in the UK right now. I was reading the front page of a Cheshire/Staffs paper recently and a Latvian gang was caught stripping a church if all its lead! Some decent student saw them in the early hours, rang the police and they caught them red handed.

Yes, it is a problem - it was a problem previously when eastern european criminals came into the country along with hard working people eager to make a living.
Back then, the scapegoats were the Polish.

Now the daily fail has stepped it up a notch to appease their right wing readers who relish this type of article because it gives them the chance to tar all foreigners with the same brush.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

If the Lithuanian's are genuinely unconnected to the incident then I feel sorry for them, but in this case I don't believe them to be.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

More to the point, the police do not believe they are connected to it, and are innocent victims of a scam - with one family paying £3,000 for 6 months rent in advance.

The police have the paperwork, and are appealing for people with any knowledge of the scammers to come forwards.

So, unless you have more evidence than the police, you are talking nonsense, and trying to stir up hate.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It could well be that those lithuanians concocted a made up story of themselves getting ripped off to appear credible to authorities

Kick the door down and kick them out is what I say
A good beating never hurt anyone at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Nicking lead off roof's got me through the early 80's.
Nothing new there mate!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Nicking lead off roof's got me through the early 80's.
Nothing new there mate!

Yeah, but did you eat swans?

That was the other story (amongst many) doing the rounds a while back.

Again, from the daily mail - it really should be labelled a hate rag.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

To be fair, it does seem more likely that they are victims as well.

Seems like some people here just want someone or something to hate in any given situation.

The real criminal is the twat who illegally rented the property out!

My point is that I would not allow the 'squatters' to remain in MY house regardless of how much sympathy I might have for them.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Would you rather end up in nick?

I wouldn't be best pleased, but I'd rather camp at a friends for a couple of days than go to prison.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Lol.
Not at all.
Was out with my lurcher and my lamp, only way could get any meat to go with the lard!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

A nice bit of venison to go with a dripping sandwich?

sounds good

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

If married with children I would probably have to reluctantly seek alternatve accomodation much as it would grieve me.

Single.
I'd have my day in court, absolutely no question whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If they are throwing the guys stuff out the backdoor, then they know something is wrong.

If these people were truly conned by someone, they should be willing to quickly turn that person in to the police.

Property ownership and tenant rights should be easy to verify, and the police shouldn't need to get a court order to restore a persons place of residency. Simply demonstrating that the utility bills are on ones name, should be enough to verify residency. Your driver's license with the address and date should be enough to verify residency.

The people who moved into the house should have to provide proof of legal rights.

Enter your home and demand that the people leave. If they physically attack you, call the police and file charges.

It is madness that the police would not immediately remove the squatters.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

They had to wait for the council - the properties in question were council houses, which makes it a different ballgame.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Venison?
Good grief, if the local Lord of the Manor caught us with deer he'd have us strung up.

We had to settle for rabbit and the occassional pheasant or partridge.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
They don't have simple tresspassing laws there? lol 3rd worlds.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join