It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channeling and Channelers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I admit, I used to be addicted to the Seth material and later on: Elias and Abraham. It's not that I'm absolutely convinced that these are indeed 'channeled' messages, but for someone interested in the metaphysical, it sure is an interesting read and stuff you can wrap your head around for months.

It's interesting that some of the material presented by these 'entities' are now for a great part integrated in the new-age movement and most of the new-agers don't even know it.
Take the Law of Attraction for example. A lot of people read "loa" and "the secret" in one sentence, while the LOA as we know it now, was first introduced by Abraham, an entity channeled by Esther Hicks. (Hicks appeared in the first version of The Secret dvd, but was cut out in later version because of copyright issues)
As a second example: Elias, channeled by Mary Ennis, introduced "focus points" to modern new-age.

What do you guys think about Channeling and the people who channel?

What I wonder is, if these channelers are charlatans, then where did they get their material? In most of the cases I present here, the material was rather new at the time it was channeled, but opened the door to a much larger perspective from a spiritual view. A lot of it helped people to be more openminded and to expand their perception.

For those who never heard off the above names, here are some links. Even if you don't believe in channeling, it still is an interesting read.

Seth, channeled by Jane Roberts (nice material, but obvious influences to other streams)
en.wikipedia.org...

Elias, channeled by Mary Ennis (this material is harder then the others, you really have to 'get it' to get it)
www.eliasweb.at...
www.eliasforum.org...

Kris, channeled by Serge Grandbois (less interesting then the others, and IMHO, a true charlatan)
krischronicles.com...

Abraham, channeled by Esther Hicks (one hell of a performer on stage, but interesting stuff, loa)
www.abraham-hicks.com

A last question:
Have you ever channeled yourself? If so, I'd like to read a bit of what you got from it.
I admit to trying channeling myself, sometimes with surprising results. I don't know if I actually channeled 'something', but the text I put on paper mostly doesn't seem like something I would write. (a lot of it is worked in my poetry). So is there an explanation for this? Can we reach into our subconscious mind and pull out 'thoughts' that seem alien to us? Or is it some kind of collective 'knowing' we tab into? A true entity or imagination?

Thoughts please!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

GypsK.....

Have you ever channeled yourself?

Why would I do that?

Wouldn't it be more useful to channel someone else?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
As if by magik.........

I have channeled and continue to do so on a weekly basis. Channeling is not what people think it is, it has become somewhat of a topic to laugh and sneer about. All I say to people who are interested in this topic is to hold no preconceptions and just sit in a dark room with a little light music and see where it takes you. If you make a routine of this, life will unfold literally in front of your eyes.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by GypsK

GypsK.....

Have you ever channeled yourself?

Why would I do that?

Wouldn't it be more useful to channel someone else?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

oooookay... have you ever channeled someone else?

btw, I had to star that reply, best chuckle I had all day

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Well, if I understand correctly, you hear another entity as your own thoughts or inner voice, only the message isn't yours? Or how would you explain it?
When I channeled, or tried to, I heard my own inner voice, as a conversation with myself, only I wasn't thinking up the responses.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Thats how it starts.As you continue you may find a deeper state which the controlling entity may exert more presence.
At the start your own thoughts will effect the stream or flow of thought from the control dont worry to much about this, just continue and you should get to a point where the entity has good control uninterrupted.
Seeing a real proper Deep trance medium (very rare these days) may help you with you own path.
A decent deep trance medium,is controlled by the guide in most case's, being a state that leaves the medium vulnerable,the bond between medium and guide must grow trust must be formed for a deep state to be attained.
Many sitters get to ask questions,some dont even have to ask,the guide will just answer without the need for asking!
At one sitting the guide quoted a passage from a book which the sitter had just previously read,being relevant to that person.
Just keep at it and see what transpires,and always remember that like attracts like.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think Tolkien channeled LOTR. Enid Blyton admitted to similar. Stephen King, Rod Stewart ... Probably hundreds more than them, they're just names I remember. I've read each one describe their stories or songs coming so easy to them, "it was as if it was already there and I was tuning in and writing it down".

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

That's interesting, I never looked into that before but after doing a quick search there is tons of information about artist having inspiration that "suddenly came to them".
That really makes you wonder...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
But what about those channelers who claim to let an entity speak through them?
Like the ones mentioned in the OP?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

What I wonder is, if these channelers are charlatans, then where did they get their material? In most of the cases I present here, the material was rather new at the time it was channeled, but opened the door to a much larger perspective from a spiritual view. A lot of it helped people to be more openminded and to expand their perception.

For those who never heard off the above names, here are some links. Even if you don't believe in channeling, it still is an interesting read.

Thoughts please!

what about channeling not an alien or messiah entity?

cassiopaean

channeling of Laura Knight-Jadczyk

The name Cassiopaea was given by a consciously "channeled source" which Laura accessed in 1994 after two years of experimental work. The source identified itself by saying "we are you in the future."

enough scientific approach?

i have read it the wave. Its pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Well, if I understand correctly, you hear another entity as your own thoughts or inner voice, only the message isn't yours? Or how would you explain it?
When I channeled, or tried to, I heard my own inner voice, as a conversation with myself, only I wasn't thinking up the responses.

I have underlined words in your quote becuase it is imperative that you do not have preconceptions of meditative thought/ channeling. Each personal experience is unique and will never be shared by others. If you are hearing an inner voice then go with it, do not hold on to any kind of belief just stay impartial and keep looking within. After a short space of time everything will start to become clear and you will know the answers to your questions.

Just to verify that we are on the same page here, next time you are meditating and you hear the inner voice, try to listen to it (consciously) through your ears and see what happens. Send me a U2U and let me know what the result is?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I was trying to understand your thougth stream on channeling. Yes the experience can be different for everyone, I agree... but if you look at the famous channelers, they all explain the same technique, which is different from what the people here on the board explain from their personal experiences.... maybe a good clue that some 'show' channelers really are frauds

As far as my inner voice goes, I've written notebooks full it. Some things make sense, other things are meaningless to me and others led to the best poetry I've ever written.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Wigit.....

I think Tolkien channeled LOTR.

Do you have a credible source for that?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Derek Accorah gets "channelled" on every episode of "Most Haunted"....

In saying that, I think 99% of people that claim they can channel spirits, is a liar liar pants on fire

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

OzWeatherman.....

Here's a channeller.....

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 24-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

Interesting read, I never heard of her before or about 'channeling a future self'.

I'm gonna be spending the rest of the day reading through those pages (and I should be doing laundry by now, lol)
thanks for that link

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

My thought stream of internal observation is to just go with it and see where it takes you, yes you have to be aware of what may or may not pop up. But the majority of the time as long as you keep focused on things here and now its all safe. Writing things down after dreaming/meditating/channeling is a normal process, at the time of awakening there is so much in your head that you have to get it all down in order to clear your mind for next time.

In regards to people saying that their way is the best way I am not a great follower. After all strip it down to the nitty gritty what is channeling? what is meditation? it is observing internal thought contact consciously. Anyone can do it, you just need time,patience and understanding.

To add: Yes it is amazingly magical when those lines of song/prose come to you after a sitting, I have always thought it fascinating that in order to get a message accross it must be in some form of poetry/music.

edit on 24-9-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Don't make me pull out our good buddy, Korton.

Oops, too late.

I think we can all learn something from this.

edit on 24-9-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

well... spirits, angels, aliens, entities, future selfs, inter dimensional focus points, the source off existence, etc...
I'm not saying they all actually channel these things, maybe they are convinced that they do, maybe it's their personal perception of their reality... and maybe they are just looking to make a quick buck... who knows.

But you have to admit that what they say is rather interesting, or at least I think so.
(when are you channeling your new avi?
)

edit to add: except weirdo's like in the vid above, nothing interesting about that

edit on 24/9/2010 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I admit, I used to be addicted to the Seth material and later on: Elias and Abraham. It's not that I'm absolutely convinced that these are indeed 'channeled' messages, but for someone interested in the metaphysical, it sure is an interesting read and stuff you can wrap your head around for months.

It's interesting that some of the material presented by these 'entities' are now for a great part integrated in the new-age movement and most of the new-agers don't even know it.
Take the Law of Attraction for example. A lot of people read "loa" and "the secret" in one sentence, while the LOA as we know it now, was first introduced by Abraham, an entity channeled by Esther Hicks. (Hicks appeared in the first version of The Secret dvd, but was cut out in later version because of copyright issues)
As a second example: Elias, channeled by Mary Ennis, introduced "focus points" to modern new-age.

Seth, channeled by Jane Roberts (nice material, but obvious influences to other streams)
en.wikipedia.org...

Elias, channeled by Mary Ennis (this material is harder then the others, you really have to 'get it' to get it)
www.eliasweb.at...
www.eliasforum.org...

Kris, channeled by Serge Grandbois (less interesting then the others, and IMHO, a true charlatan)
krischronicles.com...

Abraham, channeled by Esther Hicks (one hell of a performer on stage, but interesting stuff, loa)
www.abraham-hicks.com

A last question:
Have you ever channeled yourself? If so, I'd like to read a bit of what you got from it.
I admit to trying channeling myself, sometimes with surprising results. I don't know if I actually channeled 'something', but the text I put on paper mostly doesn't seem like something I would write. (a lot of it is worked in my poetry). So is there an explanation for this? Can we reach into our subconscious mind and pull out 'thoughts' that seem alien to us? Or is it some kind of collective 'knowing' we tab into? A true entity or imagination?

Thoughts please!

Honestly? First of all I disagree about who came up with LOA. It has been around for more than a hundred years, probably a lot more. It's a universal truth, so actually it has been around forever in various forms, it just recently became mainstream.

As for channellings, I am very skeptical, and very cautious. It is one more way the Mafia can use to manipulate people's minds. New Age is a Zionist creation, so the fact that New Age teachers assimilate teachings from the channellings is already gserious rounds for suspicion imo.

The channellings play into our wish to know the future. Better to try to live in the now, imo.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join