It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Challenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have read many post here where people claim to have supernatural abilities. Now, I'm not denying people can do these things they say, but why not prove it? At the following site, you can acquire ONE MILLION US DOLLARS for proving it. So, now you can prove, beyond a doubt, this exist AND become filthy rich in the process! Good luck!

www.randi.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Filthy rich?

Hardly.

After taxes that would come to only about 600 K in US dollars, if that much.

Up the ante to ten or fifteen million and you would then have a very tempting challenge to many intuitives who would be able to retire comfortably afterwards.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Of course, $600,000 is still a good deal of money. But what would upping the ante really do if people can't prove it? Unless someone can prove this, then the money doesn't matter does it?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is a prime example of what i had talked about in another post. As i have said before remote viewing is not a practice that has to be proven to every person who does not believe in it, do you know how many people have done this same post? and made the same accusations. What you refer to as a "supenatural ability" is not at all true, everyone has this ability to some extant but some more than others either natural or practiced.and as far as this Randi Dude is concerned he would find fault with any evidence given to him no matter how accurate, i have seen him on TV and this guy is nuts!. So its back to the same old question "prove this to me", i would suggest Randi try to disprove peoples findings and look at the evidence that is already available, much has already been done in this field and the findings have been very accurate.
P

[edit on 23-6-2004 by parker]

[edit on 23-6-2004 by parker]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i've heard a few not so nice things about this Randi's guy offer
try this for starters...i think TheBandit had more info on this somewhere
www.alternativescience.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMPerial
Of course, $600,000 is still a good deal of money. But what would upping the ante really do if people can't prove it? Unless someone can prove this, then the money doesn't matter does it?

Those who have a genuine Gift would be more likely to participate in such a test of their abilities if the money was good enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
parker,

You're right.

The chief editor of Skeptic Magazine, whose name currently escapes me, is another piece of work, like James Randi.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thanks Paul, i know the guy you are talking about from Skeptic magazine and i cannot remember his name either, guess that shows what an impact he had on our memories
.( By the way i have been trailing you on many posts it looks like we have very similar interests).I think it is very healthy to have skeptics in this world i am one of them as well, but not to the point of vitriolic attacks on those who are brave enough to try new things and explore uncharted teritorry.
P

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I, personally, am above having to prove it to someone... and to do such a thing for the sake of money is wrong anyways, and would/should move you further away from the 'light' and lessen your connection. So, would you choose knowledge that you already have (and the source to obtain more), or money? I'll take the gift of knowledge.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I am sorry my earlier post made me seem like a completely narrow-minded skeptic such as Mr. Randi. I hadn't read anything but his little offer, and it really intrigued me. I am a skeptic to an extent, but I believe many of the claims. Sad that those extremely closed-minded peopel are around.

Earthscum: This isn't an attack, but whenever somebody says they are beyond proving something, or something to that degree, I can't help but think of how... arrogant that is. Again, it isn't an attack, I just always feel that way when someone says such a thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I apologize... that did sound a bit arrogant. If a friend asked me to prove it to him, I would, but it's the thought of proving it for the money that works against using it for good. If you are going to use your abilities for selfish reasons, then it will either not work, or will be taken away from you. Besides, these people won't part with theitr money and will go to any length to debunk what you do, unless you start shooting ice and fireballs from your hands at them, which would cause them direct harm and would regress your gift... hard to explain, but I kinda get the impression that they know this and are playing off of it for the purpose of disinfo.

There is a lady (can't remember her name) that is called upon alot by police to help solve murder/missing persons/etc. cases. Don't you think that she should deserve for these guys to just GIVE her the $1mil? She has proven herself, beyond any doubt. BUT, since she hasn't (nor, do I suspect she would) ever approach these people to prove it. I can almost garantee you she would say the same thing as I have. You use the gift for good. If you go against universal moralistic law, you will be punished... i.e., you use your gift for the purpose of greed. Just proving someone wrong is against universal moralistic law because you are fullfilling a self need, thus being selfish. When you let go of greed and self fullfillment, these gifts become more readily available to you. It's all part of clearing the conscience.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hi Parker,

The name of the editor of Skeptic Magazine, who you often see on television debunking Nostradamus and psychics in general, came to me this morning: Michael Sherman.

I think it is very healthy to have skeptics in this world i am one of them as well, but not to the point of vitriolic attacks on those who are brave enough to try new things and explore uncharted teritorry.

I agree.

Hi Earthscum,

I, personally, am above having to prove it to someone... and to do such a thing for the sake of money is wrong anyways, and would/should move you further away from the 'light' and lessen your connection. So, would you choose knowledge that you already have (and the source to obtain more), or money? I'll take the gift of knowledge.

I agree.

If you are going to use your abilities for selfish reasons, then it will either not work, or will be taken away from you.

I agree with that too.

Besides, these people won't part with theitr money and will go to any length to debunk what you do, unless you start shooting ice and fireballs from your hands at them, which would cause them direct harm and would regress your gift... hard to explain, but I kinda get the impression that they know this and are playing off of it for the purpose of disinfo.

Quite true, which I took into consideration before suggesting that the ante be raised to ten to fifteen million instead of one.

There is a lady (can't remember her name) that is called upon alot by police to help solve murder/missing persons/etc. cases.

There are actually a number of well-known psychics that do this. One of them is Anne Gehman.

If you go against universal moralistic law, you will be punished... i.e., you use your gift for the purpose of greed.

There is a lot of truth to that. Universal Law is always a factor. However, if you have been struggling your whole life in service to others, I really don't think that it is karmic to hit it big once, amending the poverty and making it easier to continue on with your selfless service. Now, if you succumbed to becoming materialistic and greedy afterwards, well, then I can see why there would be a problem.

Focus is everything.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
wile I do belive everone has these abilitys the first problem is we ( Thoes who study it) As much as we Dont know yet Its extremly hard to control so being able to show any of the abilitys on comand would be a real challange as most of the time the tings we do happen without any warning.
That being said the next thing is this whole if I dont use it for good i louse it thing .Well if you belive that then you will louse it and probly already have.
Its an ability and doesent have a consept of right and wrong .
So heres the thing I can prove in the years I have Built up the abilitys theres one thing I can do on comand . Finding money Yes you read that right I have built up my ability to be able to find money. I say money because it doesent matter if its Bills 1$ 10$ or change so its not just a metal detecter in my head.
I can go to any street or parking lot lighted or NOT and walk through and if theres louse change there just go and pick it up without even looking . lets see any monay withine about 20 feet or so is what i can pick up.ANd rember I said NO light as well I dont have to see the change .but even if i did this for you to see you would say its fake just as much as the guy offering a million would.
The other thing the happens ALOT but without me trying to make it is street lights going off when i go under them. And i can even explane why it happens even though i have no control over it.
The brain works with Electricty signals and we (humans) give of electromagnatic waves (signals) the street light UNLIKE other lights has a Light senser on it and it desined to be very sensetiv to out side interferince .
Meaning that it takes MUCH less to cause a reaction (light goes off) then most electrical stuff. You say chance makes it happen. I say once yes twice proble three times mabby .How about hundreds of times?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
Its extremely hard to control so being able to show any of the abilities on command would be a real challenge as most of the time the things we do happen without any warning.

That's because all intuitive awareness (whether it be clairvoyance, clairsentience, clairaudience, etc.), healing, and telekinesis, stems from people on the other side (usually groups) -- even if the intuitive/remote viewer/telekinetic/healer is not aware of it. This is why traditionally these abilities are referred to as �Gifts of the Spirit� and not �Gifts of the Brain/Mind."

I remember seeing "The Amazing Kreskin" live onstage at a dinner theater back in the early 1990s. He had a large Group Entity that worked through and around him, which I knew experientially because GE energy is usually disruptive to my person -- I feel dizzy, nauseous, have weak knees, etc. This occurred when he was on stage. No, it wasn�t the food that night; it was the energy in the room.

Kreskin pulled out a ring sizer. He then said, "Sometimes this works and sometimes this doesn't." (Yeah, because he isn't the one doing it!) He then had people in the audience lend him their thick, college rings. He put them all on the ring sizer, gave it a couple of twists, and voila! All the rings came off from the sizer in the state of being linked to one another. As he was doing this, the energy he was channeling made it difficult for me to even look at him, that's how sensitive I am to GE energies.

He showed the linked rings to people in the audience. Yep, they were the correct rings all right.

He then put the rings back on the ring sizer, did a number of additional twists, and they were all once again separate rings, and handed them back to the audience.

God help me if I ever get in the presence of someone that has the current Gift to create food, jewelry, etc., as I would probably pass out.

Group Entities in the Mid and Lower Realms hate me�for obvious reasons.

*LOL*

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
That's because all intuitive awareness (whether it be clairvoyance, clairsentience, clairaudience, etc.), healing, and telekinesis, stems from people on the other side (usually groups) -- even if the intuitive/remote viewer/telekinetic/healer is not aware of it. This is why traditionally these abilities are referred to as �Gifts of the Spirit� and not �Gifts of the Brain/Mind."

Let me ask you a question Paul I'm a little confused here (sorry for hijacking the thread
).

You say all those psychic powers come from people on the other side. Is it not possible for a person to develop powers that originate from themselves instead of outside sources? For example, we all have souls and I assume our souls have the same powers as those spirits. Is it not possible for a person to become in tune with or one (enlightenment) with their soul so that they have access to these powers from their own soul?

Just curious of your opinion in this matter. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusran

Let me ask you a question Paul I'm a little confused here (sorry for hijacking the thread
).

You say all those psychic powers come from people on the other side. Is it not possible for a person to develop powers that originate from themselves instead of outside sources? For example, we all have souls and I assume our souls have the same powers as those spirits. Is it not possible for a person to become in tune with or one (enlightenment) with their soul so that they have access to these powers from their own soul?

Just curious of your opinion in this matter. Thanks.

Sure. I�ll do my best. I think an overview is needed in order to answer these questions.

Extrasensory perception of any kind, healing modalities, and telekinesis, are only possible with the energy of Spirit, AKA the Light or The God Force.

The God Force is the power that angel collectives and other light workers in the Spirit use to heal people; it is infinite, non-living, and is governed by Universal Law, which is unalterable.

When a soul leaves the flesh, it automatically becomes a higher energy pattern just from being away from matter and its thoughts and feelings automatically become amplified. The greater the amplification, the higher the dimension of energy in the Light and the more advanced the soul.

When one in the flesh develops psychically, what is really happening is that the receptivity to channeled/telepathic information from Spirit, however received, is improved upon. A good analogy is that of a radar station. You will not notice any difference on the �screen� until a �blip� appears. Those �blips� are not self-generated but come from people on the other side who are �speaking� to you telepathically, whether you are aware of them doing so or not.

In order to truly develop telekinetic ability, one would have to become highly evolved spiritually through selfless service, Radiance of Love, striving to live by The Golden Rule, etc. Then, once one leaves the flesh and unites directly with The God Force, one will be able to manifest telekinetic ability on one's own (without being part of a large Group Entity) -- with one's own direct access to the Light in the Spirit.

When you are highly evolved enough to actually be able to create matter at will through projected thought in the Spirit (after you leave the flesh), then you have reached a level of God Realization. The Original Creator, who was very God Realized, manifested The Big Bang through projected thought that was very amplified by The God Force.

All psychic powers come from The God Force. As long as we are in the flesh, we must rely on those on the other side to channel into us the awareness and energy that we ask for. This is why it is a really good idea to always sincerely pray for accurate information before pursuing any extrasensory endeavor; someone is always listening.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I read minds (sometimes) but I am not gonna go to this crazy guy....

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hey Paul thanks for the info, and Bandit for the threads that outta keep me busy for awhile reading them. You know when this thread started i thought it was a waste of my time to even responde to this type of hype, But as it turned out we managed to De-bunk the De-bunkers, and i think that says allot about the type of people on these forums. The ability to articulate thoughts on this type of subject is often hard, yet we all have a better idea through these conversations of the bigger picture. Hat's off to ATS for giving us a place to talk and share information.
Parker

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ATS has become my favorite site, because people can talk like this. I sometimes forget how people some, such as this Randi, are so narrow minded that they completely refuse these things. But at least ATS members can remind me some people still accept change and free thought

top topics

<<   2 >>

join