It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 Hours to save the Commonwealth Games.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It seems the Indians have failed to get to grips with organising this years Commonwealth Games. Teams are threatening to pull out due to awful conditions where the athletes are to be accommodated and the bridge expected to take fans into the main arena has collapsed. This is not good for India, they should be capable of hosting such an event without any problems.

I don't think its going to go ahead, which would be a shame.

The sense of impending crisis was exacerbated when a section of the ceiling in the weightlifting arena fell down amid growing fears over rising flood waters near the athletes' village, which had already been condemned by team officials as "filthy" and "unfit for human occupation".

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 23-9-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think they will go ahead... the Australian team officials seem fairly calm about the whole thing and only one of our athletes have pulled out so far.

Here are some pics of the athletes village... just disgusting considering they've had 7 years to get this done.

CWG Athletes Village images

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This really surprises me as the Indians are capable of hosting these games in slendor. Perhaps it is just a bit of bad luck. I believe they will get their act together and the games will proceed.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
And all is well that ends well?

news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join