It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"9/11 truthers need to be killed"- How radio talk show host are causing fear in America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have been wondering why I have been so against the "right" as of lately. I watch fox news, listen to the radio programs and the ignorance and fear mongering irritates me, it almost makes me hate the right. Then I realized that this is exactly what these talk show host want. The right isn't crazy, neither is the left; that is why this country encourages multiple views, to get the best of best worlds.

Please watch this documentary on the horrors of the right talk radio.

Conservatives who defend fox, beck, savage and others; when they say "9/11 truthers are un-American and should be shot and killed" does this really represent you??

In Rwanda alot of the radio host demonized the other sides which contributed to the civil war.

We need to think about this we are all humans and all of equal importance. Please watch the 25 minute documentary and let me know what you think.

Thanks

edit on 23-9-2010 by Ignorance_Defier because: fixed video link

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
No comments yet? The video is amazing, it is unbiased and uses facts. This isn't really a left right thing, it is more of the power of hate and fear mongering. I believe that fear/hate spreads to people, perhaps there is so much "rage" on ATS right now because of some of these host.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I'm a bit confused, the thread title leads me to believe
this thread is gonna be about the 9/11 right radio talk show
hosts and I get shuffled off to some utube video
about an abortion doctor.

Did I miss something here ???

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I'm a bit confused, the thread title leads me to believe
this thread is gonna be about the 9/11 right radio talk show
hosts and I get shuffled off to some utube video
about an abortion doctor.

Did I miss something here ???

Kind of, the video is three parts. About 25 minutes total. I believe in the 2nd part they show the talk show host, Ronald Regans son, who states "All 9/11 truth movement people should be killed for treason". It displays the anger/hate from these talk show host. My theory is that hate spreads and that is there reason for some much "rage" as of lately.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I often listen to right wing talk radio. Not because I agree but just because I need to know if what everyone says is true about them...and it is. What I can't grasp is why anyone would listen to the likes of Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Savage, Levin or any of the non-syndicated hosts on AM radio. The only thing I can think is how they play on fear...as Steven Colbert's future rally is mockingly titled "March to Keep Fear Alive".

You normally wouldn't get the fear speech from the left...so it's not as 'entertaining'. That's what we've come to with punditry in this country, fear and hatred are entertaining.

This is why Air America is dead and conservative radio is gold. This is why MSNBC's ratings are so low compared to the Fox news channels ratings. As the old song goes, 'we love dirty laundry.' However, in the days of constant, streaming news cycles and soundbites and instant information the 'dirty' laundry has been found to be few and far between, so it begins to be manufactured for the sake of ratings.

Ratings=audience=advertisers=money.

Fear sells.

Alex Jones will tell you there's a conspiracy to force you to eat only FDA approved foods and vegetables while flashing an ad on the right side of your screen to buy e-foods and seed banks.
Infowars.com

Worldnetdaily will write an article followed by 'offers' related to the article before telling you about related stories.
WND.com

Glenn Beck will tell you the economy is in shambles and there's no coming back...then tell you to buy gold.

How many people has Osama Bin Laden directly killed? How many people has Osama Bin Laden killed by telling others what terrible people they are?

Some great books from right wing radio:

Arguing with Idiots by Glenn Beck

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder by Michael Savage

Conservativ e Victory: Defeating Obama's Radical Agenda by Sean Hannity

Men in Black: How the Supreme Court Is Destroying America by Mark Levin

These are just the syndicated radio hosts I could think of right off the top of my head.

Right-wing authors aren't a fan of Obama

You don't get the fear in watching Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann that you do from Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Great post! I agree with you. They are trying to make money. Also many liberal talk shows have been bought out across America.

Do you agree with my statement? Fox and the radio host don't resemble true, average conservatives? For a while I was thinking all conservatives were like these talk show host (some are) but I think they want a ideological war of some sorts. Did you watch the videos? The guy that shot that abortion doctor had copies of; Savages book, Becks & Hannitys.

He said he felt like the "Marxist Liberals were destroying America".

It's also funny that Beck says violence will first come from the left and he makes statements like this.

This is a bigger problem than most people take it for. When I bash the host and Fox I am not bashing the conservatives but rather their mainstream media portrayal.

I guess it's kind of like saying all Christians are like the "televangelist" but the scary thing is many people are tuning in at this time and buying into this crap. Many people who post fear mongering about the left or right probably get alot of their ideas from these shows as I see the rhetoric in their post.

If these people got active in their local governments and started watching C-SPAN (the most unbiased place for politics) I'm sure they would see the truth. The truth that neither side is evil and the point of America is to combine the pros from many different ideals to create the best thing possible.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Ignorance_Defier because: add video

edit on 23-9-2010 by Ignorance_Defier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Star and Flag!!

Absolutely.

Its a very sad state of affairs indeed. Basically we have an event that does not stack up and all the evidence points to genocide on a large scale.

As people are not swallowing the official story even after nearly 10 years, we have the publicity machine putting out subliminal and not so subliminal messages into the community saying... Forget it, move on, or else.....

If there was any irrefutable proof that the official story was correct, why then after almost 10 years are we still on the subject??

What does a truther actually stand for? Quite self explanatory actually... We Want The Truth whatever the truth may be.

Sept 11th 2011 will be a day of mourning, but will we be any closer to knowing the truth... I fear not...

Korg.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This society went from knowing that the Wall Street banksters and their GOP henchmen looted the Treasury in the fall of 2008 to a majority of Americans believing that Obama did it, in less that 18 months. What does that tell you about the average American's capacity for critical analysis?

Why is anyone trying to convince the American public of anything that it doesn't want to believe? No empire deserves to exist longer than it can stand on its own two feet. If this empire is determined to fall over, then let it. Who was it that suggested that people get thje government that they deserve? Oh yeah...that Tea Party founder Thomas "God is dead" Jefferson.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

A couple of quick clips to further illustrate what is going on in the Right.

Now, what the right is doing is directly threatening the American people, demanding that they vote for Republicans/TEA or there will be violence.

Deliberately distorting the truth, warping impressionable dumb people's minds towards violent acts. This is the way of this neo conservative movement.

Basically they are telling us that if we don't vote them into office this November and let them do whatever they want with our country that they are going to start a revolution and start killing.

It's not only the Right Wing media and talking heads like Sarah Palin that are doing this, it's even here on ATS. how many threads have you all seen threatening revolution? How many posts have you seen calling for blood from the left?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
No empire deserves to exist longer than it can stand on its own two feet. If this empire is determined to fall over, then let it.

Although I agree with your sentiment your statement doesn't make sense.

The purpose of empire is to add the strengths of others to your own, it is the very nature of Empire to then subsequently rely on the links it forms.

I'm English and I can tell you that the real downfall of an empire is in the will of it's people for the empire to exist and of course this comes down to how well the empire treats it's citizens or subjects.

The entire world is interconnected, in the classical sense Empires do not exist in a modern world, even in the east, mid-east, west standoff, we are all relying on each other to some extent.

but just like any equation, if you take from one it will be balanced out elsewhere...

Where is the equilibrium I wonder?

Korg.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Korg Trinity because: The Blue Funk Chronicles

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

The reason so many listen to right wing radio is called mental masturbation. It makes them feel good about themselves by placing all the world's problems on others. It also reinforces their own self-image as being "good, patriotic Americans" because they follow the dogma of the Right. Naturally, anyone who disagrees with them is "traitorous, evil, marxist, and deserving of death.
Bill Moyers never disappoints me, his shows are always relevant, fair and insightful.
Given the number of abortion clinic bombings and arson cases, I have to wonder why those people aren't on the Homeland Security terror watchlist. It's almost as if they're getting a free pass somehow.
The talking heads who actually call for the killing of anyone should be yanked off the air. Again, it seems the Right gets a free pass for if someone from the left were to call for the extermination of say, Mormons they would be promptly visited by the FBI and probably thrown in jail.
I'm sick of the double standard and the hate rhetoric that fuels so many today.
O'Reilly, Savage, Reagan - you guys need a reality check desperately. You fuel your audiences with lies and hate which only serves to divide our country further. You criticize compromise as "making deals with the devil" but it is the American way. Your thinly veiled wishes for a theocracy aren't a universal desire among Americans nor is it within the scope of Constitutional powers.
I am deeply saddened the Bill Moyers will be retiring soon, he was one of the best commentators we've ever had. A voice of reason in a wilderness of extremist rhetoric.
Were it my choice, I would make sure every schoolchild in the country watched this program.
The lessons contained are invaluable.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Asktheanimals because: grammatical errors

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Ignorance_Defier.

The video was nothing but a mess and nothing to be derrived from it. I don't waste time hearing and seeing these people. Truth isn't given out anymore and the avenues for truth are being shut down. There is so much corruption in high places that America needs to be in fear. We have been sold down the river to never recover. The news media has been silenced to give you much of anything since 1929 and many know this. Go to rense.com, rumormillnews.com, hear Texe Marrs, Butch Paugh, these and others are putting their life on the line to inform you and so give them a listen too. I been around a few days, I'm 79.

I love the Truth and there is very little anymore out there, one really needs to search and a hell of a good dirt brush is needed to get to the truth gems.

Truthiron

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
3 cheers for Partisan B.S.

If you choose to fight fire with fire, in this case, you're no more intelligent than the knuckle draggers at Faux News.

Do you honestly think that the people who watch Glenn Beck think that killing Michael Moore would be a bad thing?

They watch Glenn Beck because they AGREE with him. You can't change their minds...so why obsess over trying?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
People need to be afraid. They need to wake up. There is some serious things going on right now and ignoring it or looking the other way while the working class gets hacked on is not an option. The people saying the right wingers need to just shut up and take it can take a flying leap of a tall bridge.

The Tea Party is the only thing stopping complete government takeover right now. If they lose we all lose.

Ill be the first to admit the right plays dirty. Its politics.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

I don't like the term "truther. Instead, I prefer the term "muslim with a computer" or "liberal with time to kill".

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Did Ron reagan actually say that?
I get zip when I Google it. It doesn't sound like anything he would say.
Is the souce in the video?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Did Ron reagan actually say that?
I get zip when I Google it. It doesn't sound like anything he would say.
Is the souce in the video?

Thought the same thing. Not Ron Reagan jr. the Op was confused.

OP...RR Jr. is a Liberal by the way, I think you confused him for a Conservative in you post.

I found part two of the Op vidoe on youtube.

It was "Michael Reagan" one of Ron Reagan Senior's sons.

See here at 3:39...the whole vid is good by the way.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Ahhh! Now it makes sense!
It was the CRAZY Reagan!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Good to post, and as the reverend said in the video; these talk show host like to use others (Liberals, Islamic people, etc) as a scapegoat for the problems in America today.

The left and the right has both done corrupt things, but my thread is pertaining to the spread of hate. People like Glenn Beck obviously cause people to be angry.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You know, ever since I was a child of six or so, I noticed that I was not like other people, then my classmates, my peer group and now my fellow countrymen. They used to take great enjoyment from picking on those who were different than them, one of those was me, and another was a Malaysian guy whos name was Zeric (or at least , thats how he spelt it in English... that in itself is a sign of how ignorant a society I live in... surely a name ought to be the same no matter which nation you are in?). Now Zeric didnt speak much English when he first arrived, but he learned quickly . The unfortunate thing is that the first words he learned in English, were those used to curse him for his skin colour, for his nationality, for his presence. He came to me once at lunch time, I will never forget it. Tears were running down his face, his usualy clear eyes shot with blood from crying, and he explained that he had just endured ten minuites of being kicked in the testicles (although , bless him , he couldnt pronounce the word and had to point), and he told me that they had told him it happened because he wasnt English. I had to explain to him that he shouldnt listen to them, because they had done the same to me for years, and I was as English as a cricket bat. I realised early that there was no reason for the ignorant behaviour shown by my peers, but he had not had the benifit (I use the term, almost ironicaly) of my experience in the matter of what happens inside the head of a little runt .
Nowadays, I understand that FEAR was the motivator for what those children were doing. They feared Zeric because they did not understand him, and they feared me because by the time others were reading Janet and John, and Jack and Jill , I was reading Arthur C Clarkes 2001 series of books, and therefore, even though I could communicate as well as a kid twice my age at the time, they didnt understand me either.
These talk show hosts, and more importantly , the people who follow thier teachings, are for the most part , people who never got out of primary school. These are people who intellectualy havent stopped wetting the bed, crapping themselves when they recieve new stimulus, and in essence havent the ability to observe themselves in an honest light. They have problems sure, no one would dispute that. But that intellectual stagnation prevents them from creating a situation which is acceptable to them without resorting to words of hate, and thoughts of mayhem and murder. The worst of them , are those who have just the right kind of intelligence to motivate large groups of like minded saps, and take them on the road, to rallies and meets.

Thousands marching blindly,
Eyes open under banners of hate,
Unseeing that they are the problem,
Thier solution is to obliterate,
For shame the thousands strong,
They are targeting the weak,
In fury the gun barrel sings its song,
Because the free refused to speak.

top topics

join