It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. welcomes Russia's ban on S-300 missile sales to Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

U.S. welcomes Russia's ban on S-300 missile sales to Iran

en.rian.ru

The U.S. welcomes the Russian president's decree to prohibit the delivery of S-300 air defense missile systems and other weapons to Iran, a White House official said.

National Security Council spokesman Mike Hammer welcomed the move as a "faithful and robust implementation of UN Security Council resolution 1929
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well it appears Iran will NOT get the S-300 missiles after all. As well as many other weapon systems. Which includes a ban on sales of battle tanks, armored vehicles, large-caliber artillery systems, warplanes, military helicopters, and ships oh my

The article goes on to say...

"This continues to demonstrate how Russia and the United States are cooperating closely on behalf of our mutual interests, and global security,"

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I wasnt finished mashing the keyboard with my fat hairy knuckles

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

President Dmitry Medvedev has ordered a ban on the supply of Russian advanced air defence missile systems to Iran. Moscow shelved the plan saying the missiles fall under the latest UN sanctions on Tehran.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Following the cancelation Iran announced that it will construct a domestic missile defense system similar to the sophisticated Russian anti-aircraft system.

Tehran’s gamble paid off

The more bans on Iran, the more opportunity for Iran to advance in technological arena.

Such a big fail in Western foreign policy, Iran is already selling weapons to anti-USA South American nations through Syria, and sharing "know hows" also. See the link for more info..

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Iran is playing catch up.

I seriously doubt whatever they hobble together will be as good as the S-300

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Such a big fail in Western foreign policy, Iran is already selling weapons to anti-USA South American nations through Syria, and sharing "know hows" also. See the link for more info..

I'll wait until Tehran makes an official announcement on the topic.
You may have missed all the other stuff they WONT be getting from Russia.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Once again, the point is that, it is better to design and create it yourself, then let someone else do it for you, that is lazy, that is why the Arabs haven't advanced, while you see Iran create its first drone
while Iranians universities are pact with students learning different sciences.

Even Nuclear, they have done excessive research on it, and advance.

The Arabs will be left behind again, they will once again become the third world, because they have allowed their resources to be traded for weapons, rather than advancing themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I'm a bit surprised that you haven't yet called the non weapons deal with Iran all part of the "Evil Empires" plans trying to cause another civil war?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
When we attack them they will be that much less prepared for it. And neither will I, Ill roll out to canada lol

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Why all the hate on here?

I swear ATS is pro-war.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Iran IS NOT our enemy!

Get mad at the people who run the world that YOU live in, not the people who run a country on the other side of the world!

Are Americans so scared of 130lb goat herders 7000 miles away?

Iran can't attack the US, only israel, and they would have attacked by now if they were going to.

REST ASSURED that someone will attack Iran, and NOT the other way around!

Iran will be attacked first, for israel's protection.

Pre-emtive war, an invention of Hitler made popular by israeli politics.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

There were some Israelites who were caught in Washington bridge with a van full of explosives, you are right, they are the only ones who have the capability to attack you from the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
How does this have 5 flags?

Does this really matter to anyone who doesn't push israeli politics?

Is the US welcoming Russia's ban on missile systems to Iran ATS news worthy?

Really?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

Iran IS NOT our enemy!

What do you mean "Iran IS NOT our enemy"? Have you got a mouse in your pocket? Iran sure as hell IS my enemy, and has been for around 30 years or so.

Tell you what, I'll let you pick your own enemies, and I'll pick mine. Iran is and will remain MY enemy until they ditch the mad mullah marauders. Until then, I don't even want to talk, and would be just as happy chucking explosives at them until they glow.

I don't give a tinker's damn what they do in their own country, within the confines of their own borders, these days, but nobody needs to hold their breath, waiting on me to kiss and make up with the mullahs.

Not gonna happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Really?

Here's a clue: the world didn't start with Israel, and it doesn't revolve around Israel. The sun does not rise from Israels head, or set in Israel's behind. Israel has nary a thing to do with my animosity towards Iran.

Israel isn't even on the table here. Iran, and Russian weapons sales (or really the lack thereof) is what's on the table. Why do folks always have to drag a piddlin' little country like Israel into the mess anyhow? Can't I be thoroughly pissed off at someone without Israel being forced into the conversation?

edit on 2010/9/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Iran sure ain't my personal enemy either.

Iran is a enemy of our political system. It's our politicians and policy makers that hate Iran. We are just ponds who have to fight their battles.

Very soon a few hundred thousand innocent Americans have to arm up because their leaders can't get along with other people. The same goes for the Iranian people, they have to fight their leaders battles as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Really?

Whose pushing anything about Israel here?
Are people so blindsided with hate that they make such asinine assumptions?

edit on 23-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Iran is an enemy of the civilized and modern world as it's a state having its constitution based on the quaran's who wants to impose their morality all over the world, therefore it is indeed an enemy.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Once again, the point is that, it is better to design and create it yourself, then let someone else do it for you, that is lazy, that is why the Arabs haven't advanced, while you see Iran create its first drone
while Iranians universities are pact with students learning different sciences.

The ability to produce your own UAVs isn't that special, Serbia, Malaysia, Bulgaria etc have all done this but it doesn't mean that it is all cutting-edge stuff. That wasn't Iran's first drone though and Iranian tech is actually pretty good, in the long term yes it's much better to produce your own stuff but I believe Iran needs that equipment in the short term.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Pre-emtive war, an invention of Hitler made popular by israeli politics.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

Preemtive war is actually are very sound policy in some cases. Hitler called it preemtive for other reasons...it wasnt preemtive just a power grab in his case. In Hitlers case the "blitz" would be a better word for it. We can see now in hind sight that it would have been better for France and Poland to preempt Germany.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Yup, Iran is our enemy. Anyone expounding the destruction of a legitimate state and calling for the punishment any state that supports the first is in fact an enemy of the global village. Yup, Iran is doing that on a regular bases. It actually called for the annihilation of Israel. But I guess that's ok because Israel is bad right? Not a good enough reason in my books.

I know, your going to say that the US has been doing the same thing, but you'd be wrong. In Irak they have left after ousting a dictator who was killing (gassing) his own people (I've seen the proof). In Afghanistan they have every intention of leaving once the Al-Qa'ida supporters in the Taliban are rousted from the land. None of the NATO countries there have any designs on staying and usurping an elected Afghan government after their job is done.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join