It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Programming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
2010 Opening September 24th in Theaters
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Sounds kinda like Goa'uld from Stargate SG1 when spoken "Ga'Hoole" even has the cool apostrophe

Synopsis of the movie
movies.yahoo.com...

Yahoo...hoo hoo the owl said

Soren, is a young owl enthralled by his father's epic stories of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, a mythic band of winged warriors who had fought a great battle to save all of owl kind from the evil Pure Ones. While Soren dreams of someday joining his heroes, his older brother, Kludd, scoffs at the notion, and yearns to hunt, fly and steal his father's favor from his younger sibling. But Kludd's jealousy has terrible consequences--causing both owlets to fall from their treetop home and right into the talons of the Pure Ones. Now it is up to Soren to make a daring escape with the help of other brave young owls. Together they soar across the sea and through the mist to find the Great Tree, home of the legendary Guardians of Ga'Hoole--Soren's only hope of defeating the Pure Ones and saving the owl kingdoms

The Great Tree?
Is that the Great Tree of Life or The Tree of Knowledge? (Hoot Hoot)

The pure ones are evil? I thought being pure was good not evil

Soren---Saurian? A lizard owl?

Jealousy of a brother surrounding his relationship with his father ( Cain and Abel)???

I guess what I am trying to get at is...sometimes a perception is the perception of truth. That truth is,,, Media does program your mind whether you believe it or not. Its pointless to argue with me that its just a simple harmless movie and people like me just read into things that arent there. I will try not to laugh at you

Monsoons and Typhoons....??? I wonder if they are near CHINA?

Last but not least and what I would like to know especially is

"Will the Bohemian Grove Owl be in the movie....because I would love to see how a 40 ft stone owl flys"

MAKE SURE TO SEE IT IN (3D). The programming goes deeper that way

edit on 23-9-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2010 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title and replaced quote tags

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think you're confusing "programming" with metaphor and symbolism.

Most writers will use metaphor and symbolism. They will play on mythology and etymology because it provides a deeper insight to the story, it also rewards the audience for paying attention.

I don't see anything sinister at all.

Also, you're looking too deep with the lizard thing there.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Wow...here I thought I wasnt gonna hear it and I actually agree with ya.

Thanks

new topics

join