Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama goes to church to hear a Muslim speaker!

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

(Sept. 20, 2010) — Yesterday, on Sunday, September 19, 2010, the Obama family attended church for only the third time in a year. They went on foot to the St. John’s Episcopal Church situated across the Lafayette Park.
But what is widely not reported by the White House and the MSM is that on that particular Sunday in that particular church, Dr. Ziad Asali, M.D., a Muslim, founder and president of the American Task Force on Palestine, was the guest speaker. He was there to speak on the subject of “Prospects of the two-state solution in the Middle-East.”

Source

Mod Edit: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Gemwolf because: Formatting

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have my doubts about this source, but I wouldn't put it past Obama... He is in no way, shape or form a Christian
Christian's don't love abortions... but I would think Muslims frown upon it too... It is just the fact he lies about everything, why wouldn't he lie, about his religion too?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
*gasp*

He should only listen to Christian speakers!! Ever. End of story. He should never ever listen to Muslim speakers talk about their ideas. That only goes to prove what all rational thinkers have known-- that he is a closet Muslim!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Because nobody who believes something other than what you believe can have wise or intelligent thoughts?

That's what you are suggesting, that people should only ever listen to those they agree with and thus, if president Obama were a Christian he wouldn't ever listen to a Muslim speaker?

Obama hired Rahm Emanuel; does that make him a secret Jew as well? He must really be torn up inside if he's both a secret muslim and a secret jew.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

oh I forgot we have to walk on egg shells, in Fear of the PC police... I'm sorry I can't question his honesty without being a racist...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

You can question his honesty and his policies which I do all the time, just as I do all supposed leaders, but this serves no purpose other than continue some BS about his religious beliefs. You have fallen victim to what the Government wants and that is to have a 'boogey man'.

What purpose does this thread serve other than to draw out people that will say as I; which is, who cares? And those that will praise you for you standing up for some mythical dream and hopes people nail President Obama on some silly non-issue when he has so many others (in my opinion) he can be nailed upon.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

If this is such a big deal what did they go to church for the other 2 times this year? I'm just curious.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
So, he's associated since he went someone to listen to someone say something?

Two questions:

1.) What's wrong with being a Muslim?

2.) I came here to listen to your rantings...does that make me an incoherent Neanderthal?

P.S. Paragraphs ... use them

edit on 23-9-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
P.S. Paragraphs ... use them

P.P.S. Properly quote external sources with the appropriate tags and only a portion of the article.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by Alora

oh I forgot we have to walk on egg shells, in Fear of the PC police... I'm sorry I can't question his honesty without being a racist...

What? PC? Racist? You pulled those all out, not me. Obama SHOULD listen to different speakers of different faiths and different ideas. All leaders should. The fact that you decided to start a whole thread on it, as though it was somehow wrong of him, just seems to imply that you jumped the logic train a few stops back.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've seen this type of unfair criticism and bigotry at much worse levels on certain other messageboard forums I won't even care to mention. I hope this website sets it's standards at least a tad higher !
Quite often when the person gets called out on it they act all surprised, as if to say, "hey, lighten up, buddy, it's just jokes". Yeah well it wasn't funny the first time and if it was the jokes wearing pretty thin.

Obviously there are some serious things that Americans would like to consider for a change. (I'm not even American.)
Yes, Obama has failed to act over certain things, is scaring people with his debt mountains, butt why do people seem to attack him for the wrong reasons ?

If you want to attack him, criticise him for not getting the US troops out of Afghanistan ( I'm still not sure why America thinks it can actually win that basket case of a conflict ???)...for not making any effort to repeal the Nazi-like Patriot act, for somehow allowing moronic security staff to gawk at and molest travellers at airports,
for too many bailouts..ect ect the list goes on.

heh...you might wonder why an Australian would care about Obama ? I'll tell you why .....I didn't get a chance to vote for him, when I deserved one. Most people in the known world deserve to vote in US Federal elections.

For rather obvious reasons..............

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
We are a multidenominational society and respect everyone from all faiths. All this is - is just the Obama's going to the nearest house of worship without having to tie traffic up and to expand upon their horizon's and to use this as a chance to yet again attack Obama is a misuse of this forum.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do not cut Obama down!
edit on 6-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join