It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aldous Huxley was correct not George Orwell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

hahahaha you wana rephrase that? hahahaa

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've had Brave New World for awhile now, I can't find the time to read it.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
two seemingly unrelated items:

... elitist tradition (advocated by philosopher Leo Strauss)
that it was their proper role to manipulate the less-educated masses
and guide them in certain directions.

"perception management” strategies for controlling how
the American people would see and understand things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

then theres this... it came into reality just two years after the 1948 book:

Sep 23 1950 Congress passes the McCarran Act,
also known as The Internal Security Act of 1950, overriding Harry Truman's veto.
The act provides for severe restrictions on civil liberties, [...]

both these thinking men foresaw the ultimate direction, but perhaps not this item
which would 'echo' the future...

puppet masters were at work even as they lived, but too much info would have turned off the majority from even entertaining their (Huxley & Orwells') visions of the eventual status quo

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I believe they were both correct. if you look at it in context. Orwell's model is vertical, how the government keeps tabs through different social levels. Huxley's model was horizontal, how to control every aspect at a particular level.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i think both people and there books are right there message is pretty much the same just a different ways of doing it

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Huxley was closer to what is going on in western society, America in particular, but if you look around the world all people are being manipulated or terrorized in one form or another. To put it simply we have the worst of both worlds.
As usual the absolute power syndrome has now taken over and the PTB will follow the path of evil until it eats them. Evil always eats itself.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I completely agree. It is getting scary now.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well the difference between Huxley and Orwell was that Huxley was in the know and Orwell was not. His brother Julian Huxley was a popular member of the British Eugenics Society after all.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
First off I'd like to say elements of both are in play and I will outline the
proof here below...

1)Subverting the distribution of books:

www.foxnews.com...

2)Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information:

See the above link yet again, and consider the fake rape charges against the Wikileaks ppl.

Consider the Hadley Climate Unit being caught red handed lying about the Global Warming data.

3) Orwell feared the truth would be concealed from us.

Operation Northwoods, Operation Gladio, JFK files still sealed and public not allowed
to see them,
the multiple security video tapes from the buildings that filmed the area around the
OKC bombing still not available as evidence to the case or to the public, the multiple
video security tapes of the public buildings around the pentagon on the day of 911,
and I could keep going on this one but will stop here.

4) Orwell feared we'd become a captive culture.

Culture is defined by many as ... The set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution, organization or group

To make this captive you'd one could use Neurolinguistic programming, Subliminal messaging,
and Propaganda tactics as described by Bernays.

en.wikipedia.org...

5) Inflicting pleasure or pain as a method of control.

The pleasure part would be all the many entertainments in our society.

The pain part would be using fear to control the ppl thru real or imagined threats
such as terrorism. The constant news angles of fear of foreign nations
that just so happen to have lots of oil reserves that we need to whip in line.

A lot of ppl forget that most of the chemical weapons Iraq bought came from
US and other Western nations.

A lot of ppl forget we backed Saddam Hussein in his war against Iran.

A lot of ppl forget the the fighters who beat back Russia in Afghanistan were US funded.

What was done to JFK, MLK, and JFK's brother shocked the nation and it has been
agreed b many ppl that the whole truth of those events has yet to be known and
it put many ppl in great fear.

All tools of control.

6) What we hate will ruin us.

This one is so simple its hilarious.

This is textbook divide and conquer, ie. Us vs. them, they almost do not have to do
anything to achieve this one as it is damn near human nature.

Racism, Religion, Politics, Sexuality, Corruption, Class Warfare, and on and on....

The gays vs. those who oppose them

The minorities of many types vs. those who would treat them unfairly.

The Democrats vs. the Republicans vs. the ppl that think both are corrupt beyond repair.

The Catholics vs. the Protestants of Ireland, Sharia Islam vs. those who seek religious freedom.

The Crony Capitalists vs. the ethical workers and whistle blowers who lose their jobs for
reporting lies in the reports from top level government offices like Sibel Edmonds.

en.wikipedia.org...-FBI

The poor vs. the rich, what a great mess this one is shaping up to be.

It has all the potential of the french revolution except the peasants are not buying pitchforks.

www.ammoland.com...

The anger and distrust is so high that a retired president who has many other
things on his mind has event noticed it though he is quite advanced in age.

republicanredefined.com...

The man is right, and like Rahm has said in the past this crisis will not go to waste.

Divide and Conquer is alive and well and while the nation is busy tearing itself apart
and unity is out of reach the puppeteers are preparing for their next encore performance.

Good Luck to all the good ppl...

edit on 26-9-2010 by Ex_MislTech because: sentence structure

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hi,

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but you can get "Brave New World" as the original LP, with a forward recorded by Aldous Huxley here

I highly recommend it. His view of the future was very accurate in my opinion.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You can also read Island By Aldous Huxley here:

Island

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Huxley was a member of the Fabian Society and privy to the planned agenda of the so called New World Order.
You can see it unfolding before our very eyes as their agenda is pushed forward.
Huxley gave a famous speech many years after he wrote his unsettling book. He stated that Brave New World was not a work of fiction but fact - he futher went on to state his belief in Eugenics which sees us all as sheep or cattle - This speach met with rapturous applause from the audience of cold blooded criminal Eugenisists.
Truth is stranger than fiction and more scary. Truth is the elite that control near all aspects of our lifes truly hate us and their ultimate aim is mass population reduction and enslavement of the rest. Moa Lenin Hitler were all funded by the Rothschilds for they were considered model leaders and heros. F- - k them all their time is coming to an end.

edit on 26-9-2010 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm going to read through this. I've always been a George Orwell fan.

But thanks for introducing me to Huxley. I don't know if he's the same guy who's also into the Third Wave thing but he's definitely a futurist.

Thanks again. S&F

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think that Aldous Huxley was accidently bent by Uri Geller in one of his public performances - as a way to try to show he didn't mean it,

Geller then whisked the ineffably babbling Huxley over to Glen Cove and asked Henry Jackson if he could get M to call Huxley back to earth, which after the seance was performed by Dr. Vrod, Huxley woke up with this great new idea about a book - and suddenly looked at a very incoherant Dr. Vrod and asked what his problem was...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Just watched a brave new world the other day. Needless, to aay that this thread hit the nail right on the head. Fear is what used to get the ball rolling, but it's not going to do the trick forever and that's where A Brave New World comes in. For by the time fear no longer works they will have mastered pleasure...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Forgive me, I did not read the entire thread.

I think Orwell and Huxley are both wrong and that Frank Herbert is correct.

People don't care about wire tapping or martial law or interment camps or 9/11. People are just trying to make it through tomorrow. People are just trying to put their kids in college and afford gas to get to work at the same time. People are trying to afford food and water and gas and air conditioning. People are just trying so damn hard to make it through tomorrow that they don't have the resources or ability or time to do anything about anything that is going on. The reason TPTB get away with everything they do is because no one cares if their government is listening to their phone conversations, people just want to be able to have dinner tomorrow night.

Distractions aren't the TV or the XBox or the next video games. They are wondering if you can make it to work on the gas you have in your car next week or if you can afford to get your kids a worthwhile education or if you would rather have electricity or water for the next month.

"If you think of yourselves as helpless and ineffectual, it is certain that you will create a despotic government to be your master. The wise despot, therefore, maintains among his subjects a popular sense that they are helpless and ineffectual."

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I remember seeing this cartoon on another site a few months ago, and I completely agree with it. have always been a massive fan of Huxley - some of his work such as 'Island' is incredibly prescient, looking at the destruction of traditional/developing communities for oil and commercial epxloitation.

It seems to be that in the 'West' people are controlled through consumerism and associated nonsense, iPhones etc - me included! However, the poorer people in the 'West', those excluded from society, whether on economic or racial grounds, or more often both, are controlled by pain, and by the desire to have these things that are flaunted in their faces and which are unobtainable for them.

In the developing world, it is similar to how it is for the disenfranchised westerners - they are controlled through hunger, pain, war and, importantly, desire... remember - loves gonna ya...

watch?v=CtrNj47u1D8[/yvid]

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Huxley once said...

"There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it."

Interestingly enough, he apparently said this in 1959. It would seem far less meaningful if he had said it BEFORE WW2.

Anybody have any ideas what particular method he might have been talking about? And was he, in fact, wrong? There's so many anti-depressants and things out there that you can't say any particular one really "works"...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seti_starr

I don't remember where I heard this, but they were both members of the Fabian Society.
It's possible they were both privy to the same information or end result.

impressive you knew this. yup, these guys were privy to the protocols, so they just crafted tales set in the totalitarian society being built in the protocol style.

once i heard these guys were globalists and fabians, i knew it was a scam. they were not 'warning' us, they were conditioning us.

i will never get micrchipped. they can kill me first.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
In reality, i think both Aldous Huxley and George Orwell were right. The near futur will be a mixt of both theories, informations will be controlled and will also be drowned in a sea of distractions, we can already see this in our every day life. Even in some conspiracy sites where we can see informations being controlled and important revelations drowned in a sea of fictional conspiracy theories to avoid the mass to really stand up and rebel against TPTB, Absolutly no encouragments to change, they only keep entertained their members, to avoid those who are too curious about conspiracies, to really do anything...

edit on 29-9-2010 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join