It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any value in amateurs researching UFOs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand27 be the spearhead in moving Ufology in the right direction, but it is obvious they already believe that this phenomenon revolves around aliens from space.

No its NOT 'obvious" That is the mistake most on ATS make... they talk in absolutes..

from an email...

Hello Ron, I work for MUFON. However, at times I become interested in a case out of my own curiosity....

Yes, I do believe at least 50% or greater of these recent sightings (past 15 yrs perhaps) are life forms of some kind. I wish I could recall the paperwork on a case I had that involved an abduction where the individual never saw an entity such as the "Grays". He felt the whole works of the craft was a living, breathing entity in itself. Sightings now include so many balls of light that appear to be glass like on the outside with some sort of swirling living being on the inside. This "Shape Shifting" going on is perhaps the workings of the plasma or whatever these beings are made up of as they enter our earth.

Ron: You may quote me on the statement regarding my thoughts on the plasma critters, etc. These are my thoughts and not those of MUFON. Denise M. Stoner Chief Investigator, Florida Mufon State Section Director

Now see? and there are many others who explore the possibility that the majority of UFO sightings may in fact be plasma critters, (something already thought about in 1954 when the term 'critters' was first used in this manner) that are native to Earth and local space

Are those 'aliens' Well that is a mater of definition I suppose

For me personally, based on my 30+ years of looking at it..

85%ish plasma critters
15%ish black ops
5%ish the true 'visitors'

based on sightings that I consider worth looking at after obvious hoaxes etc

edit on 23-9-2010 by zorgon because: Blah Blah Blah

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Egads! I forgot that one too!

You know, the tracking of the X-37B goes to show that it is/was difficult to hide secret shuttle missions that have apparently been going on over the years.

Or more to the point, it could suggest that there were no secret shuttle mission, or at the very least, not many.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand27 A scientist like Jacque Vallee is certainly a great example of the right approach,but there are so few of him and so many of the other type running around and mudding the waters.

Actually the reverse is true... its just that the few muddying the waters make the most noise and don't mind being thought nutcases as they take in all that money...

The true researchers stay quiet and don't make a penny, usually share their best material within peer groups, for fear of being ridiculed

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rand27

I think your correct about those organizations (mufon, etc.) They are owned and controlled and I bet if the truth was ever to show its ugly face, those organizations would move quickly to cover it up.

If the movement is ever to pick up steam and get results, it needs a figure head who isn't political or on the take, to plot its course. A organization that has built in safeties that correct for internal corruption. A framework that is not rigid and can be modified to suit the mission. But as long as the almighty federal reserve bill exists, that will be a hard bill, to fill...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Thoughts?

Unless of course the truly secret ones are not visible... like the MISTY satellite that was an embarrassment. They even 'blew it up' but amateurs tracked it after. That particular stealth method failed... more so because the inventors went ahead and filed a public patent on it.

Lot of heads rolled on that one, was a big embarrassment to the Pentagon... but that was just one that failed

Now I can tell you how that new 'coating' works, but too many ears here
Its still [classified]

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by LSWONE You might even catch a ship leaving the moon one of these nights.

Hmmm moon is a big place... any thoughts on which section to point scope at?

Here Here!!! Hear Hear and here!!!

(and here!)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yes, of course there's value in amateurs researching UFOs.

I still want to know what I saw and since my government maintains I didn't see anything out of the ordinary I am forced to seek answers on my own.

I have done a number of primary investigations of UFO reports for MUFON as an SSD (in the 1980s and 90s). Most of them were quickly resolved as mundane (Venus, a blimp, hoax balloons, etc.). Only two remained unexplained and one was from a drunk at a bar so not very credible. I still think solving the ones I did was worthwhile.

MUFON was the most promising civilian research organization at one time. While I am fairly sure they are neither owned nor controlled by the government (I've met and socialized with Walt Andrus on a couple of occasions) I do think it is becoming increasingly controlled from within by those on the fringe. I have recently let my membership lapse and am still trying to decide if it's worth renewing.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This reseach has already been done over many decades since the 1940s. As early as 1948-49, US Air Force studies had already concluded that some of the UFOs were alien spacecraf, although this was not revealed to the public at the time. That's the problem with this field: so much of the real research has been kept secret for decades. I doubt that there is a single field in social science or the hard sciences that has this particular problem, unless it is attempts to study the history of biological warfare or something like that.

This is why so many UFO organizations have been trying to break the coverup for decades, with limited success. I can't think of researchers in any other field who have so consistently run into a stone wall of silence, debunking and denials as this one, although I think it is breaking down very gradually.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join