It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Layoffs Close Federal Credit Union?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Police Layoffs Close Federal Credit Union

This is not national news.
The headline is a little misleading, because it's only a 'temporary' closing. Hmm....

Valley One Federal Credit Union Closes Temporarily
The Valley One Federal Credit Union is temporarily closing in Mingo Junction due to police layoffs.

"They told me this was their last day they're going to be open," said customer Ed Fithen.

"Our board, at the last meeting, voted to close temporarily until more policemen were added," said Valley One's first Vice President, Dominic Duco.

Duco said board officials are concerned because the Steubenville facility was robbed a few years ago.

"That happened with a full complement of policemen," he said. "It was an armed robbery. Our concern is for the safety of the girls who work there and the members' money."

Duco said at times, they hold between $90-100,000.

"On paydays, we cash checks, and we can't have that added pressure," said Duco.

Officials are pulling out the cash and telling bankers to visit Valley One's Steubenville site on Johnson Road.

"This is very, very dangerous," said Duco. "I'm not going to get on the political side of this, but I just wish they would put the police back."

WTOV9 Source

I found this in the local news and I think all of us should look around for more news like this.
This story comes out of Mingo Junction, Ohio. A small mill town with a population estimated around 5,000.

There's more to this story than the local news would have you believe.
How in the world does a city, or it's officials, think this is okay?
Seems that the recent loss of funding through businesses shutting down and less taxes in the city have developed into a dwindling police force. Now, I see this as a little sign of things to come (in certain areas).
Or this could just be a local thing. I will say for sure that it is a little desheartening.
What would you do if you have a break-in, or for par, a bank robbery?
There's no one to answer!

While I do believe that there is wasted money in cities and towns, I believe that a police force is necessary.
In this day and age, there is alot more crime than would be reported on the local news.

A Credit Union, a place to cash paychecks, deposit money or even get loans, is temporarily shutting down because there is not enough police force to protect it.
Not enough police.
SO the place shuts its doors.
Need money or a loan?
Need to cash your paycheck?
NOPE.
"Sorry, we are unable to operate as there is no protection for the people if something would happen."

This is either one of two things.
1. The bank (credit union) is closing to prove a point and try to get money for the city in order to have police...

Or

2. The city has no way of funding protection for its citizens so businesses will start closing their doors.

I don't like the looks of this yogi.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Who says it wasn't the police who robbed the bank in the first place?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Time for citizen police to make a showing. Just strap one on their folks. It is only a tool. A very important tool.

Whatever happened to having an armed guard at banks? Why not just have all the tellers armed?

Oh, that would be because of the lawyers and the insurance companies. Hmmmm, who made that happen? Can you say big government.

Strap em on folks. Time to take that responsibility back with the freedom you have been clamoring for. At least some of you.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I live by a small town where the local Police Department had to close due to corruption.

Before that, they were only "open" from 8am - 6pm M-F.

We were told not to worry, that county Sheriff took over their patrols. Can't say I noticed any real difference - I mean besides the missing speed traps.

I think they are currently "open" 24/7 now, but that was after about 2 years or more without a local P.D.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don’t think so police layoffs close federal credit union and this is not national news, how can we believe on this. Federal credit union is a respected and influential trade association that exclusively represents the interests of federal credit unions.

Credit union caimpaigns

new topics

top topics

join