It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS COMICS: Adventures in Conspiracy #2: The Paranoia!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thanks again for all the awesome comments! Its impossible to address each one individually at the moment, but me and Joe are so happy to have received so much positivity.

It settles the nerves and puts the creative duo in a more relaxed state!

I do want to answer a few questions asked-

Meathead- Yes sir, those are my beats. You know I'm sitting on folders and folders of beats I no longer use, so this was a perfect use for them.

To those asking about powers and allies- Some of you echo my exact feelings on Mask having no powers. I have no powers, and the tale is supposed to be the unofficial telling of my real adventures (with some changes of course, and added dangers). Allies will take a huge role in the series, and there is much planned for Mask's team to come!

Occam's razor whoever said this first is hacking my computer and possible working for the CIA! EXTRA POINTS FOR YOU!

To the person who said they didn't get the humor Your government sprayed the entire country with poison for two years!!! GET IT!? HA! HILARIOUS!...WAIT...I don't get the humor there either...go figure...maybe it isn't a comedy?

With that all said, I'm gunna go back to planning and producing with Joe on future plans!

Thank you, all of you, even those who haven't commented but still watched issue 2, and even those who just didn't like it. Thank anyone who gave us a chance to share this with you all...seeing so many folks digging it is truly a great thing to behold! Thank you!!!

Back to building issue 3!

edit on 23-9-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I always enjoy people who can laugh at themselves. Shows a keen perspective and a handle on reality.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Dig the format, love the artwork, but his voice makes my brain burn. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Otherwise great job all around. Let's get more. It's refreshing to see content not made by the evil makers!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.douglas
Dig the format, love the artwork, but his voice makes my brain burn. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Otherwise great job all around. Let's get more. It's refreshing to see content not made by the evil makers!

Thank you sir!!!

I do hope people understand me and Joe are far from the polished evil masters of TV land, and that this is a labor of love! We are having a ball!

As for the voice...lol...yeh, well, again, that is really my voice hardly altered...I was cursed to sound like a feminine duck some may say...sad boosh...hahaha!

But...we must all sound how we sound...and unfortunately I am limited to sounding like the love child of Stan Lee and Gollum.

Thanks for your comments! Loved em.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

great stuff,i enjoyed and thought it was good wakening material.addressing youth is so important.a big hurray for mask. would like to see mask spread over the internet.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Occam's razor whoever said this first is hacking my computer and possible working for the CIA!

Yeah I #%!&#*g hate it when that happens!

CIA!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee

Occam's razor whoever said this first is hacking my computer and possible working for the CIA!

Yeah I #%!&#*g hate it when that happens!

CIA!!!!!!

Bwahahahaha. I'm only hacking his computer because I want a cameo in his book!

The CIA thing is just a job I took as I could use it as a red herring regarding my other motive!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

That was awesome
It's a comic book for the lazy, you don't need to physically turn a page! And for the record NO super powers for Mr. Mask. Having him use his brain would be more realistic
I do have one question that maybe I'll find the answer actually reading previous posts, but why so much dead space at the end? I waited for a secret message at the end, did I miss it cuz I wasn't wearing my Tin-foil hat?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by Mr Mask

That was awesome
It's a comic book for the lazy, you don't need to physically turn a page! And for the record NO super powers for Mr. Mask. Having him use his brain would be more realistic
I do have one question that maybe I'll find the answer actually reading previous posts, but why so much dead space at the end? I waited for a secret message at the end, did I miss it cuz I wasn't wearing my Tin-foil hat?

YES!!! NO POWERS!!! We all have to suffer this dreadfully real situation as normal humans...Mask doesn't get the easy way out with super powers...I never had super powers, no fair if he should have them!

Thank you very much for agreeing on that...it was a very important choice in the planning, pre-project.

As for the dead space at the end of the clip...lol...

I REALLY want to say its something super secret, or a mystery to figure out on your own...but truth be told, me and Joe missed that part and it slipped by us. Ha! If you can forgive us, we will be sure to never make that mistake again.

Heck...we have hundreds of other mistakes to make anyways!

PS- Cat-thulu is awesome!!!

edit on 23-9-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by Mr Mask

That was awesome
It's a comic book for the lazy,

OH!!! And, keep in mind, the Movie is only part of the release of issue 2. A traditional Comic Format is currently working its way to you.

So, if you are interested in seeing what the comic looks like as a "tradional comic", be sure to check it out as soon as it pops up on ATS.

It will be here soon!

Sadly...it won't move...comics normally don't...sad boosh.

MM

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thank you and Cathulhu says thanks also. Actually in the next vid maybe you should use the dead space. Put a conspiracy twist on the end. Regardless I thank you for sharing your brain child with us. I am now awaiting #2 in comic form and # 3 whichever form it takes first!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

YES!!! NO POWERS!!! We all have to suffer this dreadfully real situation as normal humans...Mask doesn't get the easy way out with super powers...I never had super powers, no fair if he should have them!

Thank you very much for agreeing on that...it was a very important choice in the planning, pre-project.

Hmm not even a little psychic ability to see little glimpses of the future or anything?

Paranormal stuff is part of ATS content too, after all....

What about a character that uses his gift of foresight to save Mask's life or something? That'd be cool.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

My personal opinion, having "super-powers", only ruins the plot line, story arc, and telling of your story.

We as conspiracy theorists do not have "super-powers".

We do however, have an ability to see through the political tripe, double-speak, charlatan tactics.

You name it.

For me, my stepfather being a Marine, during Vietnam, he taught me how to see through the lies.

Mr Mask, you should consider a story line arc, when you get to issue 10, going back to ZERO.

An origin issue as to how you began seeing the things you see.

In other words, a father, mother, teacher, Police Officer, whoever guided you, or taught you how to spot "conspiracies".

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sterling Job Maskie! Sterling Indeed !!!

IRM
;up:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by Mr Mask

My personal opinion, having "super-powers", only ruins the plot line, story arc, and telling of your story.

So glad we agree...its not the first time either!

We as conspiracy theorists do not have "super-powers".

Damn right!

We do however, have an ability to see through the political tripe, double-speak, charlatan tactics.

That, and our circles of coworkers within our study groups and think tanks! That will be more the direction of Mask's "powers"...the people and forces that helped him along his way and joined forces to begin these adventures.

You name it.

I shall name it "Louis"...now what am I naming again?

For me, my stepfather being a Marine, during Vietnam, he taught me how to see through the lies.

A powerful BS detector built into the serious conspiracy theorist's skull is his/her best weapon, and surly will be an important tool in Mask's adventures.

Mr Mask, you should consider a story line arc, when you get to issue 10, going back to ZERO.

The story arch and the 30 issue path it takes has been detailed to some degree. There will surly be flash backs and a show of his early days before conspiracy. So yeah, an origin will be show in bits n pieces along the way.

In other words, a father, mother, teacher, Police Officer, whoever guided you, or taught you how to spot "conspiracies".

lol, one character in particular fits this "to a tee" and I can't wait until he shows up and takes the stage. He was a very personal guide to much of what turned out to be many years of conspiracy research. The idea of that issue thus far is my favorite one planned.

I thank you sir! Your advice and ideas are always welcomed and I am so glad we didn't disappoint you.

We can only hope to keep you enjoying the series!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That was actually really good! Quality stuff right there.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That was actually really good! Quality stuff right there.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

S&F Mr. Mask, excellent job, and creds to Joe for the vid. Brilliant.
I agree with the other posters & also your answers-Masky doesn't need superpowers, he just needs to use the knowelege he has that most people dont have.
What worries me, though, is i see myself in both characters

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Great job!

Everyone that knows me knows that I hate videos, but this adaptation was extremely well done.

Congratulations to all the people involved.

So i am not the only one, huh?

I HATE video's. I read so much faster than they talk, and it just is horribly inefficient.

However, this video is not like that. It is entertainment, not information. For entertainment i can do a video.

And if it is done by Mr. Mask, then doubly so. One of the wittiest folks I have come across in a long time, he is a true pleasure to interact with.

Great episode, Mask. I watched it a little bit ago with my 12 year old son. He absolutely loved it You know me...i am a true blue "1776 Patriot". This issue really hits a nerve with me, and you have now helped infect my sons mind with the same paranoia that you and I have. I knew about the testing on US citizens. He didn't. Right now, he is on our desktop computer looking up information on it. He, like his dad, is extremely patriotic and yearns for America to be what it was meant to be, not what it is. Of course, we are so similar in so many ways, and i surely have impacted his viewpoints.

And I think that is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

OK, sorry...stop the press and hit reverse.

did you just say that you sound like a "feminine duck"?

(add as many as you need to get the point)

That might be the funniest thing I have ever heard. Not making fun of you (i sound like a drunk with gravel in his throat, for some reason...go figure), but that is a good yet absolutely hiliarious description.

self deprecation is the only true form of humor. kudo's to you, sir.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join