It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some serious-minded authors address the UFO issue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just a quick share - if any of you have come across these guys:

Milton E Brener

and

Leslie Kean

They've both released books recently which should hopefully be heralded as a serious attempt to remove some of the barriers between MSM / established academia - and UFOlogists (who often find themselves in a battle to be taken seriously by either institution).

I'm glad to see that the title of one of the books includes the tagline 'a UFO Primer for sceptics'. I thought it was quite a serious development, taking the field of study in the right direction, and hope that some of the stigma is genuinely starting to fall away.

I am concerned that this thread should not appear to be an advert for the books (hence no links, search it out yourself if you're interested). In fact, one of the authors even states on his site that he's not aiming the work at UFOlogist devotees (he maintains an 'academic pomposity')

So anyway, I see this as another sign that the veil is lifting, that the truth is outing, that people are more willing to put themselves (and their academic/professional reputation) on the line, as a result of the groundwork laid by the brave souls who pioneered the disclosure efforts over the past 50 years or so. If anything, it's sad that it's taken respected academia so long to even contemplate serious works in the field of UFOlogy.

I await the inevitable 'ad hominem' attacks against each author from our beloved ATS disinfo agents...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

FlyInTheOintment.....

You might find this thread interesting.....

Leslie Kean: UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record (new book)

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

new topics

join