It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moslem Kung-Fu,Fist of the Bodyguards!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just thought ATS members would enjoy hearing a positive thing about Moslem culture! Enjoy

Known throughout China Tan Tui is particularly practiced in Henan, HeBei, Shantung and Sha'anxi provinces. Since its origins lie with the Hui people there is even a proverb: From NanJing the best Tan Tui is that of the Hui people" which becomes the pun, "Hui (Moslem) Hui (best) Tan Tui."

In certain widely accepted styles the Moslem presence has also been strong. In Hsing-I for instance, many of the great practitioners were of Moslem origin and it may be that the real rudiments of the style are from Moslem culture. In weapons work, too, Moslem fist is well-represented with Jiao Men boasting five tiger hook sets and over ten saber sets. And last but not least, Moslems were often placed in the dangerous position of bodyguard because of their relatively nonaffiliated status with other Chinese elements. Rising to this occasion they developed the beautiful and powerful style known throughout the world as Pa Chi Ch'uan (BaJiQuan - Eight Extremes Boxing). As the Chien Lung emperor stated in the 19th century, "For health we have Tai Chi, for protection Pa Chi."

In modern times we are constantly assailed with representations of Arab culture as seemingly comprised of religious fanatics and terrorists. Martial arts training is a nice antidote for cultural ignorance. We are allowed through it to replicate the actions practiced by different people from different cultures who lived centuries from us. We cannot only improve our health and our skills but don another person's shoes and walk down his path, or in the case of Tan Tui, ten roads.

www.plumpub.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There are many ancient ties between Chinese culture and Islamic culture. For instance, I was surprised to learn that the Aladdin character from the Arabian Nights was actually Chinese. .

Disney kinda missed that one. Imagine that. .

edit on 9/22/2010 by clay2 baraka because: composition

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
people..........its spelled Muslim.......not Moslem.....sorry I hate to be nit picky but if youre gonna make a post about it, you might wana get it right lol

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Here maybe i can help you out.
A Muslim (Arabic: مسلم‎; /ˈmʊslɨm/ MOOS-lim or English pronunciation: /ˈmʌzlɨm/ MUZ-lim) or Moslem[1] is an adherent of the religion of Islam.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm always amazed at the quality of know it alls here on ATS! You post a positive,and i can guarantee there will be a basher every time,sowing seeds of hate and discord! I don't know why i even bother.

top topics

join