It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama the Racist president.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

It cannot be racist if it is legal? That makes no sense to me. Yelling racial slurs is perfectly legal but CHOOSING TO ENGAGE IN IT would be racist. Would you not agree that legal or not, choosing to own a person because of their race is kind of racist?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by hippomchippo

I'd have to disagree with you about the racist part. He didn't spend that much time in a racist, black seperatist church and not be affected by it's agenda. However, I do agree the pictures are pretty pathetic, I dislike Obama immensely, and I hate the way the left treated President Bush in this regard. Two wrongs don't make a right, the left may not have respected the Office, but we all should........again, the pics are silly.

he didnt spend that much time in that church??
lord are you wrong there.
abcnews.go.com...

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side,

He could have became a brain surgeon 3 times over

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
But it's the most racist crap i have ever seen from a president black or white.

This is the MOST ignorant and asinine sentence I have read on ATS in 5+ years
How many slaves has President Obama owned?

Of the first five presidents, four owned slaves. All four of these owned slaves while they were president.

Of the next five presidents (#6-10), four owned slaves. Only two of them owned slaves while they were president.

Of the next five presidents (#11-15), two owned slaves. Both of these two owned slaves while they were president.

Of the next three presidents (#16-18) two owned slaves. neither of them owned slaves while serving as president.

The last president to own slaves while in office was the twelfth president, Zachary Taylor (1849-1850).

The last president to own slaves at all was the eighteenth president, Ulysses S. Grant (1869-1877).

So twelve of our presidents owned slaves and eight of them owned slaves while serving as president.

"But it's the most racist crap i have ever seen from a president black or white." -TheAmused

TheAmused,
I'm not.

-ET

edit on 22-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: someone posting in this thread may very well be an idiot

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This really can't be someone's critique of the Obama Administration, can it?

THIS is what you've got? Nothing about the specific aspects of his economic policies? Nothing about his dealings with the military high-ups over troop developments in Afghanistan? Nothing about what specific directions you think he mistook when drawing down 'combat troops' in Iraq, or what specific measures you think he SHOULD have taken?

nothing, huh?

Okay. He's probably a bigot. Most people are. i am. As far as a 'racist', well i tend to think that refers to an institutionalized form of bigotry that favors the embedded privileged class while marginalizing minorities for the explicit process of continuing to benefit from their marginalization. But that\s just me. If you want to think it means he acknowledges race, that's your choice. Many people would agree with you.

ME? I think it's a non-issue meant to rile up a party base and not be worthy of rational debate, thereby lowering the over-all level of debate in the country.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

You are wanting to argue legal matters with racism?
Slaves where LEGAL then...

These are the second and third most ignorant and asinine sentences I have read on ATS in 5+ years. Just because it was legal, does not mean it wasn't racism. If a law was passed tomorrow that all white people had to pay 20% more taxes than other races, would it be a racist law? I don't care what your answer to that question is.

The fact remains ...

No. The fact does not remain.

and A lot of Ats memebers are those people and it makes you guys stomping mad to hear it.

You lack the intelligence, experience, and overall judgment capabilities to appropriately generalize as to which category or classification I need to conform to in order to make me be "stomping mad to hear" about.

not your typical ovis aries,
ET

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I usually Flag and Star any author of any thread I post in.

usually. Once in awhile there are exceptions.

ET

edit on 22-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: there may be an idiot posting in this thread

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
To the OP:

Obama's books are autobiographical tales, they tell the story of his growth and development into a man. In those books he tells us about his passage through a racist phase, when he was a confused young man. I know I used to get angry at "The Man" when I was a teenager! The way the book is written is obviously meant to strike a chord with black Americans that have also felt disenfranchised because of their race, and to show them that he not only got past his own racism, he was accepted by white Americans as their president. It's the kind of feel good story that's good for politicians. It's not a genuine racist diatribe.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

www.realclearpolitics.com...

"Long before America was even an idea, this land of plenty was home to many peoples. The British and French, the Dutch and Spanish, to Mexicans, to countless Indian tribes. We all shared the same land," President Obama told the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.

Why Is he putting blacks and Mexicans up on a pedestal?
Cause he want's there vote's.. duh
But it's the most racist crap i have ever seen from a president black or white.
But the point remains we tried to impeach bill Clinton for getting a head job.
But trying to get vote's but this way while he is still president is way worse in my book.

Actually, I hate to say it but he does have a point. The ancestors of those originating from south of the border were there long before 1492. The original people are still alive. Many have just lost their ways. It was either give them up and adopt Spanish ways or be eradicated.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I see your one sided ..as i said would happen in opening thread.
no matter how much proof i show he is racist to the core..it will be ignore and degraded.

also a lot of people owned Chinese people too as slave's.
but as to A typical standard people pulled out the black card..STOP.. white people owned us..

ever think at all that maybe white people where slave's to?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/177fd485647f.gif[/atsimg]
See the tallest white girl there?
that's my great great great grandma...she and her sister and brother was slave's.

So do i have a right to hate whitey as much as obama does?
no cause im white right?

hypocrites dear lord.

OBAMA is a racist period...
The proof is in the pudding...prove me wrong or get along.
www.crusader.net...
read up on white slavery...
then get back with me

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
[size=13]
Obama the Racist president.

I see your one sided ..as i said would happen in opening thread.

you make entirely too many assumptions.

no matter how much proof i show he is racist to the core.

Who is?

but as to A typical standard people pulled out the black card..STOP..

Why the double standard and bias? This is your thread that you authored, so it was you who pulled out the race card. Let me remind you what the thread is about:

[size=13]Obama the Racist president.

but as to A typical standard people pulled out the black card..STOP.. white people owned us..

ever think at all that maybe white people where slave's to?

Irrelevant and off topic. Another diversionary tactic on your part. Let me remind you as to the subject matter of this thread:

See the tallest white girl there?
that's my great great great grandma...

So What? Again, off topic. What does this have to do with President Obama's preacher's words and phrases of his making him the most racist president, black or white, that you have ever seen? It doesn't support the topic of this thread, nor does it address the statement made in the Introduction post in this thread. I don't see any relationship with what this thread is about and who or what your ugly great great great grandma was. Nothing to do what-so-ever with President Obama being the most racist president ever. stop trying to change the subject.

So do i have a right to hate whitey as much as obama does?

your right to hate whitey has nothing what-so-ever to do with President Obama's racism.

no cause im white right?

hypocrites dear lord.

no kidding?

OBAMA is a racist period...

proof or evidence, please?

The proof is in the pudding...

oh, that is where your proof is, in the pudding? Great arguement.

prove me wrong or get along.

I'll hang around for awhile and entertain, thanks.

www.crusader.net...
read up on white slavery...
then get back with me

Why? What does this have to do with President Obama being the most racist president you know of? Stick to topic, please. Need a reminder?

"Obama the Racist president"

ovis aries,
et

Obama the Racist president (Please note Racist is capitalized, and president is not)

edit on 23-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: p.s. The topic of discussion is President Obama, and the claims made in Introduction

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I was being sarcastic.......................of course he spent too much time there. And for him to say he didn't know was a complete fallacy.......helped along by the media. However, whenever it's brought up........you're a racist for bringing it up. I agree with the OP, he's a racist through and through

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
are we talking about bigotry?

or racism?

because they arent the same thing.

Racism is an institution. bigotry is just hatred and intolerance, and everybody has those aspects of their personality.

'reverse racism' is an absurdity, because Racism can only go one way, from powerful against the powerless.

go ahead, read some books.

edit on 23-9-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join