It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent iPhone App for EVP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I dont know if you have tried this app before but it works excellent on my iphone 4, since the iphone 4 has (2) mics it picks everysound on my house.

The App is called iSaidWhat?! its meant to have fun with your friends but it has features good for EVP.

you can amplify the mic input to 500%, you can also cut and edit the recordings, and the best feature is the live sound spectrum display while it records (I dont know the correct name for this sorry) you can clearly see live if you get a response, is like having a Cool Edit or similar program in your hands.

I tried this program on my iphone 4, but I will try it on my itouch too with a high grade microphone and make some experiments.

Here is a little video I made you can also find more info here www.tapparatus.com... WATCH the demo.

edit on 22-9-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Wow! WAY cool.

Thanks for the heads up and for the video. Seeing the video was a big help in showing off how sensitive the mic is.

Any idea what recording like that does to the iPhone battery life? Does it significantly drain it?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
USELESS if you dont believe in ghosts.

Very usefull for spying.

i can see over 10 uses for this in my head far better then searching for fake ghosts.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

Any idea what recording like that does to the iPhone battery life? Does it significantly drain it?

I havent tested how fast it drains the battery but at least on the iphone 4 battery last A LOT. I will charge my iphone and itouch to 100% and make a 1 hour recording to see how much battery is used.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
USELESS if you dont believe in ghosts.

Its good for a lot of things EVPs in my opinion are real, one time after watching ghost hunters, I got my crappy digital recorder and asked if there was someone here with me and I got a white noise response, I asked his or her name and I got a white noise response too, maybe with this software I can record better answers, but I'm not sure if I want to experiment in my house thought

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Cue the rabid ATS paranormal contingent piling in telling you that you shouldn't dabble with these things because you are ignorant and it's dangerous (yet they will never elaborate on this). Any questioning will be met with bible quotes and demon/ouija board scare stories that honestly happened to a friend of a friend, or that help will be offered if they finally convince you that you've done something dangerous you don't quite understand (sigh) - but this advice can only be given in a U2U and must not be shared with the rest of the forum.

I say get uploading your EVP recordings to ATS so we can investigate further.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Did a 10min audio recording on my iphone 4 with the LCD ON and brightness set to 30%, the Wifi and Cellular network was on also, I started recording at 74% of battery and finished recording at 72% of battery.

I will say using an ipod touch or even the iphone will be much better than most of those digital recorder they use on the paranormal shows. You can also use other mics with the iphone or itouch, and save battery if you set the phone to airplane mode wich turns off all the wireless radios in the phone and saves battery.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Thanks for the update.

I have the first gen iPod Touch and am just looking for an excuse to upgrade. This might be what I need!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This is by far the best voice recording app I've seen (or should I say heard) for the iPhone.

I've finally found one I don't have to shout into

Thanks for the post

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

LOL! You shouldn't have left your name in the iTunes App review section mate!

I can see how this may be used for EVP but I just don't think the mic in the iPhone is sensitive enough. It's barely serviceable. It may be made better by a dedicated iphone mic accessory. Preferably an active mic.

IRM

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

LOL! You shouldn't have left your name in the iTunes App review section mate!

I can see how this may be used for EVP but I just don't think the mic in the iPhone is sensitive enough. It's barely serviceable. It may be made better by a dedicated iphone mic accessory. Preferably an active mic.

IRM

The microphone on the iphone 4 is very sensitive with this app, the iphone 4 has (2) mics one is for noise cancelling but with this app works great. I tried my daughters itouch with the iphone mic/headphone and it recorded very nice.

With the iphone 4 if you raise the mic gain to %500 and put the iphone in your chest you will hear very clear your heart and see the graphic going up on each heart beat
is kinda cool.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
What a great blog post! Thanks for sharing it on your site.
www.mobileprice.pk...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I tried it on my iphone 4 and also an ipad 2 and both worked brilliant! Thanks for the info on it. Tried recording the wife snoring beside me, but it went off the scale lol

new topics

top topics

join