It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Evil.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Many Christians' belief in the Bible is the basis of their faith, earthtone. As a result, they HAVE to worship God, for that's what God says in the Bible. I'm not disagreeing with what you say in your post, far from it.

[and I agree with The Last Patriot re LuDaCris's avatar. I wonder if the strobe-like effect could trigger an epileptic attack in those susceptible!]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
There are many paths to God...if you are God. But man is only capable of one path. Not because God decrees it, but because it is the only one man is able to take. Saying there are many paths to God is like saying you can ride your bicycle to the moon. It just isn't possible.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ludacris ,

Man I thought yo were asking for it on that title , but some good responses so far .

Tons of hypocracy in religion IMO ( this is a comment , not an invitation to debate) . People getting together regularly and beliving the same thing , and even practicing rituals are cool by me ( can't wait for football to start) .

But when the rules that have been propogated by a naked couple chomping on a red delicious impose this original sin crapola that I was suposedly born with things start getting out of hand .

I think the church wants you to fear god , so they can save you , and have you help them help you help them .(pass the collection plate , mines empty)

Earthscum had it right with the energy we are all apart of that we will all return to , and Earthtone called it on the Karma .

Be cool , do good , enjoy your time here while it lasts . Seems like you can wait until the last minute and say a few words and your in anyway .

god is an IDEA , and I'm pretty sure the bible is a long winded way of saying : be good , the force is with you .

The rules were made up by men .

And That AVATAR !!!!! *epilectic tick forming in eyelid* Cool.....

[Edited on 24-6-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hi All,

Even though I am not Jewish or Christian, some of the teachings in the Old and New Testaments, if interpreted correctly, do contain some wisdom in them.

ES,

When you die, the energy that was driving your body is returned to the universe (yeah, I know... it was always there... it just separates from the physical body) and 'returns to the source', i.e. GOD. There are moral laws that are universal that depict how close you are to the 'source', and these are, for the most part, what the bible teaches. If you do not believe in God, but you believe in the 'source' or 'light' and follow universal moralistic law, you are just fine.

That is excellent!

Our selflessness, our Radiance, and our application of The Golden Rule, dictates how far into the Light (or The God Force) we can ascend to (expand our consciousness into) after our soul is free of matter and in the Primary Reality of Spirit.

The "God" that judges us is not a being, but an infinite energy spectrum that is nonliving and is governed by Universal Law which is unalterable.

The Light in heaven is like gravity and electromagnetism in that it operates independently and is universal.

I think that most often get this important cosmic principle confused with The Original Creator, i.e., the rarefied God Realized Master that manifested The Big Bang.

Any "god" that requires lip service is not a god at all, only a prophet that is part of a collective of Spirits/Group Entity.

We are judged in heaven by our character, not by our lip service.

Most people need to think of "God" as a being that watches over them. Like when the ancient Greeks prayed to the "gods" that they felt controlled the weather.

The Last Patriot,

God did not create Hell as a place of torture. It was created to be an alternative to God.

I agree with that.

Mountain Man,

When you die, if your soul doesn't go to heaven, it will be destroyed. No hell, just simple end of existence.

I partially agree with that appraisal.

As part of my service as a spiritual medium, I have counseled people that have suffered from discarnate demonic attack and have also experienced the direct abuse of many large collectives (or Group Entities) of common spirits that are bent on a path of evil. This still goes on.

What ultimately stops them is not an archaic God in heaven (not yet anyway), but their retrogression from the Light. The soul is a form of energy; it cannot exist eternally without The God Force. Lessen away from the Light long enough and you completely embrace darkness, which means falling into nonexistence. That is why evil forces have never been completely successful in taking over this or any other world � although many have tried. *L*

The "gnashing of teeth" mentioned in the Bible is a reference to the suffering that goes on among the spiritually indifferent when they return to Spirit, for they cannot ascend to a fairly harmonious plane of existence in the Light and find contentment. The true meaning of "damnation" and "losing one's soul" is the end result of following an evil path: the obliteration of one�s being/soul.

I am told by witnesses in the Spirit that when a soul falls into nonexistence, it is the most painful punishment possible.

So yes, there are hellish states of being and there is also the eradication of evil in the Spirit, as well as heavenly states of being and even eventual God Realization for the most spiritually conscientious souls -- to evolve into becoming co-Creators with The Original Creator.

TruthStrgnrThanFiction,

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil.

I agree with that.

In the present "end times" that all of us are experiencing, whereby the way is being paved for new beginnings, evil is constantly made to look good.

For example, the international terrorist leader, Osama bin Laden, is thought of as a heroic figure by many Muslims.

Another example: the pedophile prophet, Sai Baba of India. Here's a guy, now in his late seventies, who is worshipped by millions around the world who consider him an �Avatar� or a God Realized being that is one with God. His Gifts of the Spirit, which have lessened with age, have rivaled that of Jesus of Nazareth (sic).

But he is also been found to be a sexual predator of young men and boys at his ashram in India (in addition to other accusations). He could therefore compete with the many pedophile Christian priests and ministers that sexually abuse many innocent children while preaching in Jesus� name.

Regardless, it all balances out in the Spirit, as the good are healed and evil destroys itself constantly.

There would have to be Universal Law or there could never be Cosmic Justice for everyone.

Fortunately, there is�

[Edited on 24-6-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
LuDaCrIs,

Your "avatar" is damaging to the eyes. Although I am not susceptible to epileptic seizures, those of us that are can be hurt by a constantly changing image like that.

I strongly suggest you change it.

Hey, you're a handsome guy, you don't need to have your image constantly distorted.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Patriot
The Bible states that man cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven by works. Meaning that, it doesn't matter how "good" you are, the criteria isn't based on that.

Really? Well...

"For by grace are we saved through faith...not of works" EPH 2:8-9

"...and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and
they were judged every man according to their works" REV 20:13

"Ye see then that by works a man is justified, not by faith only. For as
the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead
also" JAMES 2:26

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I will put it like this. God is not sending you to hell, you are, I know I know , been said before, but what I say is true, He doesn't want you to go to hell. Dude seriously he loves the Head of the Satanic church just as much as he loves me. Or you , or anybody. With that being said, you have a choice, free will can somtimes bite yo in the ass as we all know. You have no excuse, you know of the Bible, I am sure you can afford one. Try it out, thats all I am saying, I promise you nothing, but I am sure that it will answer your question.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So Hell is just the natural consequence of sin? We just choose to go there? That would work except that God created everything, including the fiery pit of Hell. It is like putting the stove on and warning your child not to touch it. Using you argument, when the child burns himself, the fault lies entirely with the child. Why don't you try that with any small child and see how you feel?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
LuDaCrIs,

I see that you have changed your avatar to something that is much easier on the eyes and brain.

From all of us, I thank you.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
God is all good ... and He created everything.
But evil was created and so He must have created it.
So there must be a part of God that is evil???
But that can't be .. because God is supposed to be all good.
Unless we have it all wrong ....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join