It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Evil.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sorry to be so blunt, but in a way i feel that God (when i talk about God its the God of the Christian faith) is a bit unfar with his "children"....Why is it that i should be sent to hell for the rest of eternity for a choice i make in a limited lifespan. I mean if i choose to not accept God, then i am going to hell. That seems so unfair. People are right when they say that religion and beleiving in the father, holy spirit and jesus is a choice of free will, but it so unfair. I thought God was just. If i pick to not beleive by my free will i go to hell. the choice is a little bias.

It seems that God is somehow blackmailing us.

I have one question for the Christians out there....
Before i ask the question i want to state that i am a firm beleiver in physical proof when it comes to beleiving in something.

So if all my life i reject the idea of god and then i appear before him to be judged, when i die, will i be given the oppourtunity to change my mind. As soon as i stand before him to be judged i will be convinced that he exists. this is becasue i will see it for myself. Up until that point i am pretty sure i wont be a beleiver, but i am hoping i will get a second chance??...CAn anyone help me out here. Maybe this is a bit rhetorical...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think deep down you still believe in God or know there is a chance of Him being there because if you truly didn't believe you woulden't be unsure if you were going to hell or not. I don't think your going to hell because God is nice and a lot of stuff in the Bible was touched by the hand of man so you can't believe everything it says but you never know. People have forgotten the true reason there is a Bible which is to follow its examples to live a good life and get into the Kingdom of Heaven. I think you are judged by your lifestyle. But hey im not God so I can't say anything about His will, it is just my opinion. Besides how does it hurt to believe in God and Jesus?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You don't beleve in God but you beleve in Hell ??

I thought God was just. If i pick to not beleive by my free will i go to hell. the choice is a little bias.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah... right up my alley! Time for some philosophy on this...

The term Christians use for god is Omnipotent and Omnipresent.

From Dictionary.com
om�nip�o�tent Audio pronunciation of "omnipotent" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-np-tnt)
adj.

Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful. See Usage Note at infinite.

n.
1. One having unlimited power or authority: the bureaucratic omnipotents.
2. Omnipotent God. Used with the.

----
om�ni�pres�ent Audio pronunciation of "omnipresent" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mn-prznt)
adj.

Present everywhere simultaneously.

Basically this means that 'GOD' is everywhere, and thus everything, which explains 'GOD' being 'all-powerful'.

Now, the universe is one. There is an unbalance in the universe, which is why it exists. If you stepped outside the universe, it would appear as a ball/sphere/disc/(whatever) of light. BUT, if you have a perfect balance, which is what our universe AS A WHOLE is, it would not exist to an outside observer. Basically, for something to truely exist, there has to be a contrast. If you have black, but no white to contrast or compare the black to, it won't exist. People that have been blinded (had sight before) will tell you that they see black now (and sometimes they see colors that swirl, the part of the brain that translates what the nerves in the eyes have sent is still working... besides the fact). People that were born blind cannot even conceive of 'sight'. If there is just no connection from the eyes, or the receptors don't work, or whatever, they are really seeing black, but to them light does not exist because they cannot open and close their eyes to create contrast... see what I'm getting at?

So, all the energy and matter (complex energy structures) in the universe ARE 'GOD'. When you die, the energy that was driving your body is returned to the universe (yeah, I know... it was always there... it just separates from the physical body) and 'returns to the source', i.e. GOD. There are moral laws that are universal that depict how close you are to the 'source', and these are, for the most part, what the bible teaches. If you do not believe in God, but you believe in the 'source' or 'light' and follow universal moralistic law, you are just fine. It is really one and the same.

NOW, if you look at the bible passages, God is given a structure... almost to the point of being a physical structure. In other religions, most 'Gods' are given a physical structure and are reported to have walked the earth... these are NOT gods... these are physical beings that the people have treated as gods... or so we believe from texts (I believe they were worshipped as Kings rather than Gods, personally... they still talk of even higher power, and the 'source', 'light', 'one', etc...).

So, yes... I do believe that God is evil. To me, and many others (and written in texts as such... I'm sure any religious scholar could back me on this and cite texts) it appears that these false gods created (or rather hastened our evolution) for the purpose of workers. Gods seem to be slave-drivers, which is wrong in a sense... we use other animals as workhorses (literally, lol...) and I'm sure, if this creation thing is true, the 'gods' saw us as just another animal as well.

So, take from that as you will. If you want to be safe, become aware of your spiritual self, or your soul. Live by way of universal moralistic law, and don't worry... the only real 'hell' happens when you do such evil deeds against moralistic law that your soul is totally decimated and no longer exists... the TRUE death!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Okay, here we go. God made man for relationship on a personal level. Man commited treason against God by disobeying His one command. DON"T EAT THE FRUIT FROM THAT TREE! So Adam & Eve is at fault for all this misfortune. Satan took over Adam and Eve's role as stewart of the earth. Later, God wasn't able to intervene on behalf of man until Abraham who looked to give something to a perfect God...God was looking for a faithful man to receive faith from the man's spirit so He could come into covenant with the man. Doing so would allow God to bless the man by allowing God to intervene on His behalf. Covenant is a promise, like that of what we know about blood brothers.
Satan has been kicked out of the spirit world, however he still can influence and even possess a individual if allowed. Satan listens for you to believe in him just like God does, but doesn't need your permission just your words to aline with his bad intentions. There is no truth in Satan. Satan can't create he can only pervert the order in which God had established originally that's why it been going down hill ever since. The lease is almost up on the earth before God can take His covenant children out of the earth through the harpazo. Once that occurs Satan will do what he really wants with God and His children out of the way for 7 years. Satan and his bunch are good at their job of killing, stealing, and destroying. There is only one way to God and that is through the perfected covenant of Jesus blood. Making Jesus the Lord and Savior of ones life which over ride the rule of Satan. The whole thing is a love story with every human in mind. Man's struggle is with his flesh and with Satan's bunch, not with God. Really God may not even be in the picture of your life unless you ask Him to be. He won't break His own Word, it would destroy Him since he is the Word. He plays by His own rules and has made a way out of this predicament for everyone through the King of Kings and Lord of Lords the savior Jesus Christ.

I'm not sure I understand what you really want?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Now maybe I'm being a bit simplistic here, but if someone says that God is evil, then to me that implies some belief in God. I think the first post could very well be shot down in flames on that point alone.

Now if only you would qualify that statement to some extent, LuDaCris. This would be preferable to your "living proof" phrase, which is sure to bring all the believers down on your head with their versions of proof. [To the believers, no, I'm not being sarcastic.]

I can't say I believe one way or the other myself. But I have great difficulty in accepting the belief in a God of love, no matter what I'm told in support of this. And the idea of "free will" doesn't do anything for me either.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I dont think God is evil. I dont think the God that christians believe in is evil.

its the people themselves that make god seem evil because they harden their hearts against others. PEOPLE say that if you dont accept Jeuss you will go to hell. God never said that, he sure as hell never told me that, and I was just talking to him like 5 minutes ago.

Its a fault of human nature, we have to have a system to somehow make us superior to others, so we say, well I believe in Jesus...sooo....if you dont...then youre going to hell and im going to heaven. i mean, thats exxagerated of course, but you get the picture.

if someone tells you that..simply pull this number that i pull with my Oh-Too-Christian friends....

"OK, say the most loving, caring, benevolent human being on existence ever did not believe Jesus was their savior, would you condemn them to Hell because of it, even if they had saved your life?"

then...the clencher...you get personal.......

"Let's say you die before me, and because you accept Jesus, you go to heaven. Will you sit there next to God and watch me burn because I don't believe in Jesus like you do, or will you just pretend you didnt know?"

Believe me...it works everytime.

God's not evil, at least, mine isnt. But then again, Im not Christian, so there you go. ha! but really...all of the organazied religions, any one of em that preaches god, they are all EXACTLY THE SAME, just morphed for different cultures and time periods.

[edit on 6-23-04 by Scat]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
oh and one more thing-

Ludacirs---

to me, God cares a crapload more about how you are as a human being rather than how much you pray. To me, God would much rather you help other people then spend your time loving him too much.

Just love people. You dont need a religion to do that. At least, thats how it is to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am a firm believer in the Christian God, and can tell you that hell does not exist. When you die, if your soul doesn't go to heaven, it will be destroyed. No hell, just simple end of existance.

Read this article which tells about the lie that is hell: www.exposingsatanism.org...

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Mountain Man]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Mountain Man:

Between ceasing to exist and hell, I'd choose hell.

So really, If you are referring to Ludacris asking why by not choosing to follow God you would instantly be sent to hell, youre really just making God seem worse.

PS- by having an avatar saying you have no avatar, you have an avatar. Hahahahahahha! its like selling a shirt that says "anarchy."

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
oh and one more thing-

Ludacirs---

to me, God cares a crapload more about how you are as a human being rather than how much you pray. To me, God would much rather you help other people then spend your time loving him too much.

Just love people. You dont need a religion to do that. At least, thats how it is to me.

Man thats a good thing to hear, because thats wat i do, for the most part. Id rather help ppl then cause harm, and a lot of christian ppl ive talked to have told me that i will go to hell if this and if that...Its kinda scary. i dont want to go to hell. And I understand that this comes from the christians ive spoken to and doesnt apply to any other christians reading this or anyone else with their own beleifs.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Ludacris- I know how you feel. Ive been left behind and hurt so much because my Christians buds have gattoen pissed that they cant turn me Christian.

The first guy I fell in love with turned away from me because I didnt accept Jesus. A month before, we were both agnostic.

Sometimes I might seem like I'm attacking Christians, but I'm not, I'm just still a little sore from that incident. And a couple others...hahah! one of my friends said I was blasphemous for saying that me an God were cool with each other and that if we could we'd go grab a cup of coffee and maybe check out a movie. But for some reason, people that wear "Jesus is my Homeboy" shirts arent blasphemous. ehhh???

Im not sore about that, I just think its funny!

But I say this in all seriousness....
when did what we are become more important than what we believe?

ludacris-
youve got no worries about ever going to hell my friend. just keep on loving. nobody can ever condemn you for that.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
Sometimes I might seem like I'm attacking Christians, but I'm not, I'm just still a little sore from that incident. And a couple others...hahah! one of my friends said I was blasphemous for saying that me an God were cool with each other and that if we could we'd go grab a cup of coffee and maybe check out a movie. But for some reason, people that wear "Jesus is my Homeboy" shirts arent blasphemous. ehhh???

Everytime i talk to my christian friends they get offended and start telling me that i am attaking their beliefs, but i am jsut curiuos and looking for an answer. I dont try and push my beleifs on them. And they always stop the conversation and say cant go any further with this conversation. PFFFFT. (n)

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i too have wondered about this. i feel that this life is a test and i will be judged for all my interactions with people both good and bad.

i thought about this too, if god put all these different races here could that too be a test. if god created man in his image then obviously i as a white man could not hate a black man or a yellow man or whatever, if i did would i be also showing my hate for god if i cannot get along with someone of a different race here, does this make sense? sorry i'm a kinda sick i don't know if i'm rambling or not...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ludacris, Man was never intended to go to heaven. Man was meant to exist on Earth only. But that whole apple thing brought about a little thing called death. Later on, God made a covenant with Abraham, or Abram as he was known at the time, stating that if Abram followed His divine law, and had faith in Him, that he and his descendants would come to God. Jesus came later to extend that covenant to the rest of the world.

God did not create Hell as a place of torture. It was created to be an alternative to God. If you didn't want to go with God, you went there. Think of it like a movie, If you don't want to go see "The Godfather",(pun intended) then you can go see "Fast and the Furious".(Say what you want, that movie was ASS.) It was the minds of the people who went there that turned Hell into the place of torment that we know. All people removed from Divine law will eventually do this. One look at our planet should tell you that. And that is what Hell is, a place removed from Divine law. Basically, it's a gas station in the worst part of town. No law, no cops, people are free to do what they want. Strength is what matters there, Not law. And believe me, you will not be the strongest there. God doesn't force eternal life with Him on anyone. He gave mankind the gift that only He, out of all creation, possessed. Free Will. In fact, many believe it was this gift that brought about the Angelic Rebellion in the first place.
The Bible states that man cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven by works. Meaning that, it doesn't matter how "good" you are, the criteria isn't based on that.
There are rules to this. If you don't follow them, well...
And don't start with the "what about children" argument. The Bible is very clear that all children return to the Father because they have not been corrupted by the world.
Gods presence is so Holy, that it destroys all things unholy. This is where the Covenant and the Sacrifice come in to play. To be reborn before the contact with the Father is made. "For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."
You can't come into the company of God with the stain of the physical world on your soul. You will be destroyed by His purity. Unless this stain is wiped clean by the Covenant or the Sacrifice.
True death is not the death of the body, it is the death of the spirit. To simply blink out of existance. No conscience thought. Nothing.

As for proof of Gods existance, I can sympathize. I searched for it for many years. Didn't find squat. You will never find proof of Him on this world, so give it up. Proof can be manipulated. Fact is a matter of opinion. Truth is unknown to physical beings. My personal search ended when I realized one thing. If you could find undeniable proof of Gods existance, then that being woundn't be fit to be called God, would it?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
By the way Ludacris, your avatar is freaking me out. lol

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I concur with LuDaCrIs,

I believe in only what I see or what can be proven to me without a doubt and no 'mysterious ways'.

Science is the key to our survival, not religion. Religion has caused the majority of the wars in recorded history. It's one thing I can live without.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If God does actually exist, in the Christian sense, then why would you worship him? If he is everywhere and created everything then that would mean that he is responsible for pain, death, suffering.... He is the cause of everything bad about the world.

As has already been said by Scat very well (
) why do people need to have a religion to be good to everyone? I am an atheist essentially, yet I am still spiritual, and see responsibility for the bad things I do in a karma based way. I am personally compelled to balance my life and keep doing good things.. I can't help but see religion as a large form of mass control, and a cause of war and conflict.

[edit on 6/24/2004 by earthtone]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
God dosen't care what path you are taking home.....

as long as you treading it is all that matters......

All religions are paths in discovering the one true power behind all this.

Its been here in us all along.........LOVE.

No matter what you can see and touch, feeling Love is the greatest proof around.

If nothing else... call God /Love.
Peace and Light and Love

top topics

<<   2 >>

join