It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico Fireball 21st September 2010;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Could not see this posted anywhere else so forgive me if this has already been covered.I feel that this is a strange one going on the witness reports.What is strange, going on what witnesses have said ,is that there was a SECOND one following on from the initial one.This might well be just a case of a random meteoroid--and maybe two--disintegrating in Earth's atmosphere but thought i would see if anyone else had any more info on it.

"It took 23 seconds to cross the sky and was nearly as bright as the full Moon," says Thomas Ashcraft, who operates the camera. "The fireball made a sonic boom loud enough to be heard inside above fan noise and household din. At first I thought it was thunder." After passing over New Mexico, the fireball apparently continued on to Texas. "At 10:05 pm CDT (9:05 pm MDT) on Sept. 21st we witnessed a slow-moving fireball entering from the west and headed ENE," reports Matthew Byrd of Amarillo. "It was very bright white and shedding white sparks." Remarkably, the first fireball was followed by a second. "Nearly 7 or 8 min later another was sighted directly over Amarillo moving the same direction," adds Byrd. US Space Command reports no satellites or pieces of space junk decaying at the time of the sightings. This was probably a random meteoroid--and maybe two--disintegrating in Earth's atmosphere.

source link; spaceweather.com...

video download; spaceweather.com...

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
More fireballs...

Great balls of fire have been reported swooping over Eastern Canada and several U.S. states. Even NASA's on the case. There are different theories about what was behind the sighting of those fireballs. A NASA spacecraft got a closer look at one of the possible sources today. The spacecraft flew past Hartley 2 -- taking closeup pictures after the comet made one of its closest passes by Earth this week. But one expert is skeptical of reports that any fireballs came from Hartley -- which is roughly 1.2 kilometres wide and spews deadly cyanide gas. Scientist Peter Brown says his meteor group at the University of Western Ontario tracked one of two fireballs while the other was tracked by NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

I have been searching for news articles about this, but, so far, I have not been able to find any coverage. Regardless of how disturbing it is, I think people have a right to know.

Does anyone have any ideas about why there have been so many fireballs lately?

edit on 5-11-2010 by Siren because: left out external source code

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

Venus ???
I seen on another thread that ufo reports would sky rocket becaus of Venus
and on a foxnews report, too

But this is indeed very strange

edit on 5-11-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

join