It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 Pilot Whales Stranded On New Zealand Beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

80 Pilot Whales Stranded On New Zealand Beach

www.msnbc.msn.com

At least 40 out of 80 pilot whales that stranded themselves on a remote northern New Zealand beach have died, and more whales are joining them on land, officials said Wednesday.
It was the second mass beaching in the region in a month.
"More whales are still coming in. Pilot whales have very strong social bonds and they try to help each other so more keep getting stuck," said Mark Simpson of Project Jonah, a charity that protects marine mammals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2c22d4fa368.jpg[/atsimg]

This is so tragic, still we dont fully understand why whales do this.

In mid-August at nearby Karikari Beach, 58 pilot whales stranded. Even though hundreds of people worked to save them only 9 were returned to the sea alive.

A pod of 101 pilot whales stranded on the same beach in 2007

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They actually managed to do an article that didn't blame it on 'climate change'. I'm awestruck.

Perhaps they need sonar devices that interrupts the whale calls of nigh. Then less might come following them in.

EDIT: OK, I clicked it ONCE. I don't know what is going on with Firefox for me anymore.

edit on 22-9-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
They actually managed to do an article that didn't blame it on 'climate change'. I'm awestruck.

Perhaps they need sonar devices that interrupts the whale calls of nigh. Then less might come following them in.

link   

link   

link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I did notice that, perhaps that is why I was interested in posting it!
I wonder, now that the White House has solved the Global Warming problem overnight by changing the
"name of the game" to Global Climate Disruption, maybe people are unsure now as to who/what/ is to blame?

Afterall, someone somewhere would want a spin for this, some agenda to be furthered.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Is that what they're calling it now? At least it isn't as silly as "Climate Change", which is basically a meaningless oxymoron of a phrase. It took them this long is the Big Story

Sorry for screwing up your tread.

edit on 22-9-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes, Global Climate Disprution...get a load of that.

Mirthful Me posted a thread on it...www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess maybe with that name, they figure that if it gets cold, hot, freezes, melts, its all good.

Hey, no worries.

top topics

join