It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Setting Questions I do need clarification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
All you SETI gurus....

If have quite the conundrum here.. I have my account registered as we all know (862 WU's and climbing). I tried to change my email address the other day to my abovetopsecret account so I could then activate this account through the boinc process.

Trouble is I have forgotten my password due to me not needing to use it in about a year! The other drama is that the password mailer is now going to an old hotmail account that does not seem to get through.

Do any of you guys know of any tech support SETI people so I can get this minor issue resolved... I don't want to lose these credit WU's by setting up another account.

Chris

xn

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hotmail accounts are deactivated after 30 days of not logging in, at this point all addresses, emails, settings, etc. are deleted, but you could reactive it. After being inactive for either 60 or 90 days, the account is deleted from the server. I wonder if you could sign up for the same one, so seti sends you the password, so you could switch email addresses.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I still check the hotmail account every day.. it is active.. although my seti password does not arrive.. hence my dilemma.

Chris

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If you have your password automatically inserted, you can allways copy and paste.....

Boinc starts New, so nothing is transfered. Just set up a new account

[edit on 23-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would still like to know if any of you guys has an email address to any technical staff at SETI.

A friendly email from me may help me fix my problem.

Chris

xn

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
check the filters and the blocked email addresses (if any) to see if maybe this address is blocked.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Is there any relation to seti@home and this thread. Since the basic principle that Seti relies on is radio signals.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
I would still like to know if any of you guys has an email address to any technical staff at SETI. Chris

Hi Chris!

I have an email address for David Anderson, as

[email protected]

or maybe you could log a message to the SETI@home Helpdesk bulletin board to see if anyone can help there??

Good luck - those WU's are precious!!

new topics

top topics

join