It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Prophet Mohammed cartoons to return

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Controversial Prophet Mohammed cartoons to return

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- The cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed that sparked protests worldwide four years ago will be republished in a new book soon.

Staffers at Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten said the cartoons will be in a book created by cultural editor Flemming Rose and will be titled "The Tyranny of Silence."

Rose could not be reached for comment.

The book is scheduled to hit stores on September 30, staffers said.

The cartoons were published in September 2006 and sparked worldwide protests after the reprinting of the caricatures in other publications.

Islam forbids depictions of Mohammed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe I am not objective enough to make comments on this subject.. I think that religion is rediculous... But I think everyone should have the right to practice what ever they believe in....

All religions get a bad rap because of the extreme portions of their followers....

But, Muslims seem to be the only ones these days to threaten and or kill those that disrespect their people/religion or Muhamad.

I need to ask the muslims here this...
Do you believe that your god would want you to kill over these things?
Do you feel that the extremists are actually doing the moderates work for them?

I guess what I am asking is.. Maybe a moderate, wouldn't go out and kill someone over these cartoons.. But do you feel vindicated when an extremist goes out and defends Muhamads honor??

I dont know that much about Islam.. I do know that it teaches/preaches allot of intolerance and violence..

You can argue this fact.. But it is exactly that A FACT!!!
The Koran speels out what a believer is supposed to do to a non believer.

I know that allot of you do not follow the Koran word for word.. But it is a fact that the Koran calls for violence against non believers.

I hope these cartoons get more frequent.. I hope these fanatics come out from under the rock (and young boy) they are hiding under and do something stupid..

If anyone has a problem with my "young boy" statement... try this on for size.

articles.sfgate.com...

I am anti religion... But I think out of all the religions.. Islam is the only one that has not figured out how to integrate itself into modern society..

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well said OP. Let's show up the fanatical nutters for what they are. When so many people call for violence and murder in the name of their faith, one has to ask - is it they that are at fault or their faith? Or is it just that Islam, for some reason, seems to have more than it's share of the lunatic element?
Bring it on.
A depiction of Mohammed, tucking into a pork roast, would do nicely

edit on 22-9-2010 by starchild10 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Personally, I ordered a 500 lot batch of Muhammed bumper stickers last week. I'm expecting them next week, then I will begin selling them on line.

I think the more people with a Muhammed cartoon bumper sticker, the better.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

t-shirts would be good...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Pictures of Muhammed are just images

it is the believers that make it graven images based on their perspectives.

so, the actual right thing for those nuts to do would be kill themselves for sinning, not the person whom simply drew a picture.

Pictures are not a representation of anything...it is a symbol or reflection of something...a representation is a avatar (think totem pole...prayed to the actual object believing that the object is a avatar or manifested representation of a deity).

Ironic...they are all worked up over their own sin, not someone elses.

edit on 22-9-2010 by SaturnFX because: Borked a bork...its borked now

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

"When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others to laugh at him." -Szasz

That's Islam today. Kudos for this publication.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I hope I'm not bigoted for thinking this will end in violence like bombing, rioting, or beheadings.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Murder is murder, and it is condemned in Islam to kill anyone, since all life is holy and belongs to Allah (God). “…if any one slew a person...it would be as if he slew the whole mankind: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole mankind.” [Quran: 5:32]

now if you come back to me with any quote from the koran that teaches violence, you should read the whole part and read the context, rather then only quoting a part of a sentence. The koran only allows killing in the case of self-defence.

The above being said...any muslim has the right to protest a picture/cartoon of mohammed, but is not allowed to kill anyone because of it. People who are killing because of a cartoon this are either culturally influenced...or nut cases. I am sure if I make a website with a picture of me, while pissing on a cross of jesus, i would get a lot of death threats too, even though Jesus would never approve of such. Again - it is all cultural based, but religions itself teach peace.

edit on 22-9-2010 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

it's been pretty much done and to my knowledge,

no one has been killed over it.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Maybe not killed- But that is only because they didn't get the chance!!

www.guardian.co.uk...

The Danish cartoonist who survived an axe attackDanish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard has been living in fear since he drew his notorious Muhammad cartoon. But even that could not prepare him for being attacked in his own home by a Muslim seeking revenge
In September 2005, the Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard was asked by his newspaper, Jyllands-Posten, to draw the prophet Muhammad "as you see him". He did, and it changed his life. The resulting cartoon was deemed blasphemous by hardline Muslims around the world and drew death threats. More than four years later, after Westergaard had already been forced to spend a harrowing few months on the run with his wife Gitte, a 28-year-old man of Somali origin forced his way into their home last Friday evening wielding an axe and a knife.

I am going to start a new cartoon series.. It will show that Mary was really a whore that was knocked up by a roman soldier... Joseph was a nieve spineless man that believed her lie "God got me pregnant"

Then it will flash to Muhamad wearing a pig skin being molested by the father of a boy he had touched...

wow- Truth would make a good cartoon!!

edit on 22-9-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar

Murder is murder, and it is condemned in Islam to kill anyone, since all life is holy and belongs to Allah (God). “…if any one slew a person...it would be as if he slew the whole mankind: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole mankind.” [Quran: 5:32]

now if you come back to me with any quote from the koran that teaches violence, you should read the whole part and read the context, rather then only quoting a part of a sentence. The koran only allows killing in the case of self-defence.

The above being said...any muslim has the right to protest a picture/cartoon of mohammed, but is not allowed to kill anyone because of it. People who are killing because of a cartoon this are either culturally influenced...or nut cases. I am sure if I make a website with a picture of me, while pissing on a cross of jesus, i would get a lot of death threats too, even though Jesus would never approve of such. Again - it is all cultural based, but religions itself teach peace.

edit on 22-9-2010 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

Islam is ALWAYS defending itself. From cartoons, from ladys naming teddy bears, from infidels, from short skirts, from uncovered meat that gets raped, from bikinis, from public kissing, from blah blah blah.. ALWAYS defending itself.

Sure it only allows killing when defending itself...

And Pisschrist. Hear a lot of tisk tisk, but no WORLDWIDE "I'll KEEEELLLL you." from muppets in robes..

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So, how many will get killed this time. Last time it was around 15-20 or so that got killed in rioting over the cartoons.

These people are really nut cases, but they do believe...

Too bad when they die, they'll realize how wrong they were, but then, it's too late to tell anyone.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

i would like to answer your question.I dont support the action of those extremist who kill themselves or others.and i also dont support the action of those who disrespect Islam. they shouldn't make cartoons.it is not against the law but it is against humanity to do this,they are 1.3 billion Muslim in this world by doing this they are hurting them,disrespecting Islam.no one is asking them to understand it, but cant they see people are getting offended .
if someone come to you and talk extremely disrespectful of your mother,would you say they are doing the right thing because they can talk. again i don't support the action of extremist,they are against Islam .but they have no right to insult the religion and offend the billion by doing this. it is prohibited in Islam to insult others religion or a person .
Take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus does He command you, that ye may learn wisdom." (al-An'am 6:151)

though there is one sentence of yours that i completely agree with"I dont know that much about Islam"
IT doesn't know that it teaches/preaches allot of intolerance and violence.
and when you don't argue and discusses how do you expect to understand it.(you think its a fact,it not the truth.)
actions of Muslim is not Islam,Islam is Quran and sunnah ,and quran doesn't teach violence.
here is a link,it is a video to remove the misconception about Islam.
www.institutealislam.com...
you could u2u me if anything you want to ask.
www.facebook.com...

edit on 22-9-2010 by zilch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zilch

Truthfully, nobody needs to disrespect Islam... Muslims disrespect the religion on a daily basis.. They twist the meaning to do evil deeds.. Or they simply practice the religion without any true knowledge of the religion.

I believe that this planet would be better off without religion.. But that is just a pipe dream!.. There will always be weak minded people that are indoctrinated or brainwashed by someone using religion as a tool for exactly that.

I wish I was a better artist... I would draw a cartoon about Jesus and Muhamad that would make an athiest cringe..

Waaaaaaa "you disrespected our religion by drawing pictures of Muhamad with the head of a dog and touching little boys"
Waaaaaaa " Why does Muhamad have a projectile hanging out of his rear in your cartoons?"

Its all a joke! Religion is the longest living lie ever created!

top topics

join