It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war

www.washingtonpost.com

President Obama urgently looked for a way out of the war in Afghanistan last year, repeatedly pressing his top military advisers for an exit plan that they never gave him, according to secret meeting notes and documents cited in a new book by journalist Bob Woodward.

Frustrated with his military commanders for consistently offering only options that required significantly more troops, Obama finally crafted his own strategy, dictating a classified six-page "terms sheet" that sought to limit U.S. involvement, Woodward reports in "Obama's Wars," to be released on Monday.

According to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Maybe this is intentional... Maybe this is a heads up, that we are going to try and get the hell out of afghanistan. I wish we would pull out now... Pull all aid from EVERY last country on the planet.. Let them fight their own battles...

The United States needs to mind their own business... The only way we should be drug into a war, is if we are attacked... PERIOD!!!!..

Let the Koreas turn that into the Korean Desert..
Let Israel reep what they sow.

Let Taiwan fight China on their own..

We need to mind our own business and at the same time.. Keep every last dime of financial and agricultural aid!! PERIOD!!!!

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Maybe this is intentional... Maybe this is a heads up, that we are going to try and get the hell out of afghanistan.

Or maybe its Obama's excuse to stay there...
'They made me do it, they ganged up on me"

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I really think its tid bits like this, that are put in place to start shaping our opinions.. I would be willing to bet, that we are goign to be pulling out soon. I truely hope so.. then these kid touchers can just kill themselves, instead of our own men and women.

Pull all aid from every country and get our boys home.. Turn our bases over to the host country and bring our troops home!! NOW!!!

Use them for rebuilding our infastructure!

new topics

top topics

join