It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first precognitive experience...still not sure how to process the information.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
ok well i think the title of the thread is pretty self explanatory.

Basically what im talking about is that i am the lord of skeptics when it comes to certain things. i fall into the category of yeah i would love to believe it but its just sounds so improbably and illogical. BUT when things start happening the way you predicted they would and i dont just mean i think this is whats going to happen i KNOW IT. and then it turns out that way to a 90% accuracy not once but twice i start to say hold the phone here. Now again im not making educated guesses here and the feeling is personal or rather the information im getting is related to me personally so its not like im getting lotto numbers. its like i know something has happened before its happened...sort of. hard to explain. ANYWAY thats what happened.

anybody else have this happen recently? i have noticed a slight change in the air lately.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I ask this with total respect and without implying any insult or injury...

Do you have a history of bipolar depression?

I ask because what you've described can be considered a very stereotypical manifestation of mania.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

not that im aware of. could you go into more detail?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

Up until recently I volunteered to work with a depression support group. I am not bipolar myself, but have depression problems stemming from PTSD. From doing this I've befriended several people who do are bipolar and this sense of knowing what is going to happen is something that I've noticed when they are in the manic phase of their symptoms.

For example, one of my friends quit his job, sold his vehicle, and flew to Vegas because he had a strong feeling, which he called a premonition, that he was going to win at the craps table. When this did not happen he was shattered and couldn't understand how it didn't happen for him.

I'm not saying that premonitions are not possible - or that you are having mania - I am merely offering a simple theory as a possible explanation.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Much appreciate the info. like i said im not bi polar as far as i know. and i havent had any of these feelings before and the problem is they did come true. if they didnt then it would be business as usual. but all the same thanks for the heads up ill look into it more. if there is a next time i'll write it down and see what the outcome is. that way at least i can have a written record to verify if the information is accurate. and if its isnt ill know its bi polar. and if it isnt then the implications of that could be much harder to deal with.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think people have "premonitions" all the time, but it's not clear that anything really paranormal is happening. People have a greater ability to extrapolate future events from current data than they give themselves credit for. That's probably why bookies in Vegas do so well in pro events. They don't have ESP; they're just very knowledgeable about their games and can make good predictions (and use probability to hedge their bets) about what will happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
While this may not be the same thing, I frequently have dreams that seem to manifest themselves in some way over the course of the days following. Usually the day right after the dream. It's never anything major, just little coincidences. The only one I could really say was major, was seeing people on the burning wing of a plane as crab boats floated around them. While it wasn't exactly the same as what happened.. It had some very odd coincidences to the plane crash landing in the Hudson just two days later. I marked that up to watching too much deadliest catch and having a wee bit of anxiety about an upcoming flight. Anyhow, this just happened a few days ago.

I had a dream that I was with my friend in a car and we were driving somewhere (I cannot remember where), but I was constantly frightened he may hit a car traveling the opposite direction. Mostly because he was insistent on using his phone and he wasn't watching the road. It seemed like we had maybe 20 close calls in the dream (nearly wrecking) until we actually did wreck, well at least it was pretty inevitable that we were going to but at the last second I woke up with my heart pounding out of my chest. The friend in my dream isn't the type of person who would constantly be on his phone while driving either.. So not history related.

Interestingly enough, the next day I was in the car with my significant other and she kept reading or attempting to respond to text messages while driving. Within the first 5 minutes in the car, she nearly hit another car and almost drove off the road. I immediately said she should pay attention and she handed me her phone so I could do the responding and read the messages to her. Thank goodness.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

that would seem to me to be the most logical conclusion. and im well aware of the brains computational power and how many bits of information we take in and process a second unconsciously. Therefore it wouldnt be a stretch to extrapolate that if the software and hardware are present to incorporate probability and pattern matching with the processing power of the brain a well trained mind could conceivably predict to a certain degree of accuracy what was to follow. theoretically speaking of course.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

havent ever had precognitive dreams but my ability to lucid dream are becoming more potent. i have started developing techniques to fly while lucid and also to do checks when dreaming to get lucid like turning light switches on. LOL i even messed with some of my dream characters while i was lucid i went up to a random house and told the residents that they were figments of my imagination.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
In the baseball world, it's referred to as "the tale of the tape", and it's how they figure out how far a homerun ball was hit, even though it bounced off the upper deck of the stadium. They track the ball's rise, velocity and arc, and simply calculate the trajectory devoid of objects in the way (like the upper deck). The human brain is also capable of causal trajectory calculations, and at times, it can be extremely accurate in calculating the likely (or even inevitable) outcome of progressing events.

Have you ever bowled? If so, then you know the feeling of realizing that you're not going to "fit" your approach into the allowed lane space in front of you. It causes you to stutter step, and adjust. This is your "right brain" making the necessary adjustment to your approach to ensure that you'll be able to follow through on your delivery. This is the same exact mechanism your brain uses as when you anticipate a future event. Your sub-conscious registered all external and internal stimuli, and even if you don't consciously register information, if your sensory units pick it up, it's available for inclusion within your brain's trajectory calculations. With that data (a look someone gave someone else that you caught out of the corner of your eye, a subtle inflection in someone's voice during a seemingly benign statement) you brain uses everything it has as it works to anticipate what's coming up the road on you. It's raw survival in a world that is extremely dynamic,complex, and contains billions of contextual interconnections.

That's why psychics can't pick lotto numbers. Lotto numbers happen free of related contextual interconnection. Random number generators. No trajectory to work with.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It is called intuition.

I believe it happens when you can (or accidentally) extract information out of your subconsciousness. Have had few cases myself.

You see, we perceive a lot more unconsciously than consciously.. These small unoticed fragments of information are stored in our memory, yet we are not always aware of them.

-v

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank you for this Thread.

Thank you and congratulations!

I saw another recent Thread (Grey Area) where the OP asked for help with 'soul development'. So I think your query about if other people are experiencing 'awakenings' is valid. You are not alone in the world! And I am just grateful that more and more people are not afraid to open their minds to the possibility that they have cerebral faculties far beyond what our modern scientific understanding, has led us to believe. And congratulations that you have now begun to experience the fruits of your openmindedness!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oew, precognission!

I had that till I was twelve then I...euh well let's say it was kind of a mental maturity of some sort.
I hated it like nothing else.

Usually I had it in my sleep, I would wake up forget it in five minutes and then five minutes before it would happen would remeber it. Needless to say it was more of a headache. Fortunatly, after twelve years of age I never again remember my dreams. Precognition is a bothersome ability, i rather make chance calculations, much more reliable.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

thank you for you support. im trying to deal with all this from a logical point of view and trying not to get carried away with the excitement that comes with experiencing something so out of the norm as this. i can only describe the strangeness i can never share it. and thats a bit of a shame. because i think everybody deserves to experience something like this to wake them up that things are not always what they seem.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

i think that's great.
i have premonitions in dreams, and they come true sometimes. i can usually tell if a dream was an omen or not; sometimes it's a false alarm. i also get feelings in the pit of my stomach when bad things are going to happen.

thanks for sharing.
don't be afraid of these feelings, appreciate them.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You have experienced "Acts of God". That's how it works -- something happens and you do a double take. "That shouldn't have happened, but it did".

That's what "God" does best -- things that can't have happened. He's trying to get your attention -- hope you start to listen -- I've seen people killed when they keep failing to listen.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How did you get this precognition messages? Through dreams? Visions? I do get them from time to time. They are always in my dreams. I have been a very active dreamer and so I don't normally get fooled by dreams that reflects my own desires. In contrast to dreams revealing some future events. Recently I just had one that came true. It is about the history of my people and how the past is effecting the current political development. Basically, in this dream, I was confronted with this issue but I wasn't troubled by it. Mines are always dealing with something larger. They never really about some daily routine activities.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Isn't it odd how easy it is to ridicule and be skeptical of others...until it happens to you?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
ok well i think the title of the thread is pretty self explanatory.

Basically what im talking about is that i am the lord of skeptics when it comes to certain things. i fall into the category of yeah i would love to believe it but its just sounds so improbably and illogical. BUT when things start happening the way you predicted they would and i dont just mean i think this is whats going to happen i KNOW IT. and then it turns out that way to a 90% accuracy not once but twice i start to say hold the phone here. Now again im not making educated guesses here and the feeling is personal or rather the information im getting is related to me personally so its not like im getting lotto numbers. its like i know something has happened before its happened...sort of. hard to explain. ANYWAY thats what happened.

anybody else have this happen recently? i have noticed a slight change in the air lately.

Have you heard of a word called "coincidence"? Or perhaps you already had enough information about whatever outcomes were in question that you could reliably predict the correct outcomes.

And to answer your question: yes, it happens to me everyday. I just *know* that the sun will rise the next day and lo and behold it does.

new topics

top topics

join