It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE Aviation research and development has flourished in Dayton, Ohio where large flying fields were established in 1917. First, McCook Field was built at what is now the intersection of State Route 4 and Interstate 75. Then Wilbur Wright Field was established where the present runway is. In 1924, Wright Field was established on land donated by the community. On July 6, 1931, Wilbur Wright Field was renamed Patterson Field after Lt. Frank Patterson, who had been killed there in the crash of a DH-4 while flight testing the synchronization of machine gun and propeller. In 1948, the fields became one installation, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Today, as in the early 1900s, Wright-Patterson is where weapon systems of the future are conceived, tested, modified, and tested again until worthy of acceptance as part of the most responsive deterrent force in the history of military aviation. Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow. That is what Wright-Patterson is all about. A heritage of a legendary past spurs aerospace logisticians, engineers, and scientists in a quest to "keep�em flying", faster, higher, further, and safer than man has ever flown before. Recently, Wright-Patterson AFB has become very well-known among UFO researchers and theorists due to its connection with the Roswell incident of July 1947. This is one of the locations, alongside the Groom Lake/Area51 installation in Nevada, where wreckage of a crashed UFO as well as alien bodies were shipped. Wreckage of the craft was shipped directly to Ohio aboard a B-29 after the mysterious crash and placed in the infamous Hangar 18. The crash of a 100ft in diameter saucer with 16 dead aliens aboard near Aztec, New Mexico in 1948, had its remains sent to Wright-Patterson AFB shortly thereafter. Wright-Patterson has become a haven for UFO folklore and stories, mainly due to its history with the controversial subject of alien landings, sightings and government conspiracy. From 1947 to 1969, the Air Force investigated Unidentified Flying Objects under Project Blue Book. The project, headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, was terminated 17 December 1969. Of a total of 12,618 sightings reported to Project Blue Book, 701 remained "unidentified." Some believe Wright-Patterson to be a top-secret UFO monitoring and research station, which considering its past programs, doesn't seem unreasonable at all. Interesting points relating to Wright-Patterson AFB In a book by Jean-Charles Fumoux in 1981 entitled "Preuves Scientifiques OVNI", the author relates how Leon B. Visse, an alleged expert on histons (elements connected with cellular genetic material) was invited in 1959 to a military compound at Wright-Patterson AFB, where he was asked to perform an experiment on the histonic weight of particular cells. Visse was later taken into a special room where he viewed two humanoid corpses. A researcher known as Tommy Blann interviewed a Colonel "X" who said, "In the earlier years they had taken some bodies to this base, but later it depended on where they were found. They had a hell of a time setting up procedures for this operation, as well as getting craft out of the area without it being observed. Usually this was done at night time." Colonel"X" also told Blann that he believed that in more recent years the bodies were flown outside the U.S. to a secret naval installation on an island in the Pacific. Senator Barry Goldwater was denied access into a building at Wright Patterson AFB because it was classified Above Top Secret

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
yeah this base is most famous for the roswell debris cuz it was flow there

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
A UFO stored at Wright-Patterson? I don't know,it just doesn't sound right. I've always thought that Area 51/Groom Lake would be a more likely place to hide a wrecked UFO. Groom Lake is out in the middle of the Nevada Desert, Wright-Patterson is just outside of Daton, OH.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
A UFO stored at Wright-Patterson? I don't know,it just doesn't sound right. I've always thought that Area 51/Groom Lake would be a more likely place to hide a wrecked UFO. Groom Lake is out in the middle of the Nevada Desert, Wright-Patterson is just outside of Daton, OH.

Tim

Yeah, for all its faults the AF would not put a highly classified object like that right next to Dayton. The one time I was near the base, you could see quite a bit. Not so sure about Area 51. Its seems too open and known for really black projects anymore, just some grey ones

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am from Dayton and have been all my life.

WPAFB is highly classified and has an "Office of Alien Intelligence".

Area 51 is Groom Lake area.
Hanger 18 is at Wright Patterson.

The articles from Roswell were sent to WPAFB.

also, when Nikola Tesla died, all of his belongingswere sent to WPAFB.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
I am from Dayton and have been all my life.

WPAFB is highly classified and has an "Office of Alien Intelligence".

Area 51 is Groom Lake area.
Hanger 18 is at Wright Patterson.

The articles from Roswell were sent to WPAFB.

also, when Nikola Tesla died, all of his belongingswere sent to WPAFB.

I NEVER said that Wright Patterson doesn't have secrets. I ONLY said that I doubt that they would Keep a crashed space craft there. The location is not isolated enough for that. Smaller stuff might be at Wright Patterson and there might even be some improtant offices, But I doubt that the Main stuff (spacecrafts, bodies, ECT.) are there.

Another Exampe is the NSA has it's main headquaters Near Fort Meade, MD. that base is home to the National Counterintelligence Center. CI has a hand in hiding UFO's. Do you think they would keep a UFO at NSA headquaters, knowing it's right off BW Parkway where hundreds of people dirve to work every day? I doubt it!

Tim

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Living in Dayton, Ohio, I can tell you that Wright-Patt is so vast in size and square miles that you would never know if or where exactly storage from NM would be located. It very much is a decent-sized city on the outskirts of Dayton, fenced off with armed guards. There could be about anything on the base.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Little Known Fact Hanger 18 If i Ever catches fire willl burn to the ground.
Per orders!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Dayton is a creepy town,the architecture, and vibe reeks of conspiracy, and aliens, I would not be surprised to find a super underground base there.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Now, not that I want to say the military doesn't keep secret things secret, but I'm fairly certain Hanger 18 is nothing to special. I've been to the building marked Hanger 18, I know people who work in the building.

The building houses the Air Force Research Laboratory - Sensors Directorate

Taken from their website:

"The vision of the Air Force Research Laboratory's Sensors Directorate is to provide sensor and countermeasure technology enabling complete freedom of air and space operations for our warfighters, no sanctuary for our adversaries, and homeland security. Our mission is to lead the discovery, development, and integration of affordable sensor and countermeasure technologies for our warfighter."

www.wpafb.af.mil...

Its counterpart is in Hanscom Air Force Base: (another base I lived at)

Air Force Research Laboratory, Sensors Directorate, Electromagnetic Materials/SNHX

80 Scott Rd.,
Hanscom AFB, MA 01731

There are much more interesting things going on at Wright Patterson without the need for alien conspiracies. There are buildings dedicated to taking apart other countries planes, if you look closely at ariel images of the base, you will see a MIG fighter outside of this building. It's surrounded by a security system that gets base MP's all over you if you walk to far into the grass surrounding it. We found this out while riding our bikes around it.

There is a huge barn like structure on National Rd. that is used to test satellite technology, the whole structure was originally made entirely of wood, no nails.

There is a large double tower just up the road from this bard used for different observational activities. It's located to be the highest point in the Miami Valley.

There is cool stuff on this base, but having lived here for over 10 years with a fairly important father, I doubt there are any aliens walking around underground here. When I get a chance I'll take some pictures of Hanger 18 for you. I'm over 21 now so I no longer have base privileges, but I'm sure my father will take me on.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I've seen the UFOs there through remote viewing.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by suddud
There are buildings dedicated to taking apart other countries planes, if you look closely at ariel images of the base, you will see a MIG fighter outside of this building. It's surrounded by a security system that gets base MP's all over you if you walk to far into the grass surrounding it. We found this out while riding our bikes around it.

Intresting! So, there are actual MiG's in storage at Wright-Patterson AFB?

To me, this is a bit surprising. I expected all of the Migs to be kept out at Groom Lake in the Nevada desert. Knowing that the reverse engineering and technical evaluation of foriegn hardware is an Intelligence activity, I expected that to be confined to Groom Lake in Area 51 for security reasons.

Tim

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I can't say MIG's are in storage at Wright-Patterson, but there is a MIG on display.

If I recall correctly part of what NASIC does is reverse engineering, and they are headquartered at Wright-Patterson.

NASIC homepage

Attempting to reconstruct childhood memories using aerial imaging isn't easy, but I am pretty sure this is the location of the MIG, although the image appears to be hiding it. I'll be in Dayton tomorrow though and will try to confirm.

Google Maps - The building to the west is NASIC and the gray spot in the center of the image is where I remember a MIG-29 being mounted for display.

You have to keep in mind, all intelligence activity is not confined to Groom Lake. You never keep all your eggs in one basket and the government treats its secrets the same way; they are all over the country if not the globe. For instance, you have Cheyenne Mountain which I'm sure holds many secrets. As well as all of the east coast bases and three letter government agency buildings and training centers.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Attempting to reconstruct childhood memories using aerial imaging isn't easy, but I am pretty sure this is the location of the MIG, although the image appears to be hiding it. I'll be in Dayton tomorrow though and will try to confirm.

Google Maps - The building to the west is NASIC and the gray spot in the center of the image is where I remember a MIG-29 being mounted for display.

I didn't get a chance to get to Dayton today, but I talked with my father and the MiG was taken down while they are renovating the building there. Not sure if or when it will go back up or where it is now.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01

There are buildings dedicated to taking apart other countries planes, if you look closely at ariel images of the base, you will see a MIG fighter outside of this building. It's surrounded by a security system that gets base MP's all over you if you walk to far into the grass surrounding it. We found this out while riding our bikes around it.

Intresting! So, there are actual MiG's in storage at Wright-Patterson AFB?

To me, this is a bit surprising. I expected all of the Migs to be kept out at Groom Lake in the Nevada desert. Knowing that the reverse engineering and technical evaluation of foriegn hardware is an Intelligence activity, I expected that to be confined to Groom Lake in Area 51 for security reasons.

Tim

Nope, their is a group at Wright Patt who evaluates foreign techonology. It could be weapons, or even avionics parts, or whole airframes.

Not every MiG is stored at Groom. Some have made it into museums, and there is even one on display out front of the wing hq for the NM ANG.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
Nope, their is a group at Wright Patt who evaluates foreign techonology. It could be weapons, or even avionics parts, or whole airframes.

Not every MiG is stored at Groom. Some have made it into museums, and there is even one on display out front of the wing hq for the NM ANG.

I know about the US Air Force's Foreign Technology Division. They have their HQ at Wright-Patterson AFB. Thank you for sharing that they actually keep some of their foreign hardware at Wright-Patt AFB. I've learned something new.

Tim

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ummmm...has anyone mentioned, or does anyone realize the fact that the USAF Museum is at WPAFB? You can see everything from MiG's to the B-2 and F-22 on display there. Hell, the "Have Blue" flying twinkie is even on display there. Hardly proof of anything sinister.

They have several classified research facilities there, none of which levitate or glow in the dark. There is research into EM/RF, advanced flight dynamics, and a number of programs researching physiological and psychological effect of various cockpit interaction systems.

Seems about right to me, but I only see what is there and what my friends who work there tell me. They could be lulling me into a false sense of security and preparing me for assimilation.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I believe that's where the MiG-29's that the US purchased from Moldova are being stored. That was a few years back, so they might have been moved, but IIRC they are no longer airworthy.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
One of my best friends in this world is a a civilian ground crew supervisor based out of WPAFB. He coordinates and supervises ground ops for airshows all around the country and is cleared to interact with F117, F22 as well as other "non-classified" aircraft ( He is NOT cleared however to approach or deal with the B-2). When i talk to him and harangue him about WrightPat and UFO's his reply in joking sense is" even if I knew I can't tell you." I have repeatedly asked him in a joking sense outwardly, where is the entrance to the underground portion of the base? He replies"I'll let ya know when I find out. He believes in UFO's in the sense that there are things in the sky he can't explain and I can read into how and what he tells me. From what I can gather if ANYTHING is going on there it is being used as a stop-over for other black ops programs, whether land-based, air-based or "other." As far as he is hinting nothing is really going on there but he has seen "things", which he refuses to discuss as so not to compromise his job and family situation. As far as I can gleen it isn't anything like a Stargate program or anything that far out, but he gets a knowing smile when he talks about "the things." JM2C

[edit on 19-5-2008 by djvexd]

[edit on 19-5-2008 by djvexd]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I have grown up in Dayton all my life, and been to Wright-Patt on numerous occasions. I would not be surprised at all if there was something going on there. For example I saw the stealth bomber flying around and being tested before it was even declassified. There are all kinds of things that go on there, if you make a wrong turn and pull into a gated area on accident they give you the 5th degree with pointed guns and everything...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join