It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast in Iranian city kills at least ten

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I understand that, but why the difference in approach and judgemental standards?

It could also be an Iranian false flag operation aimed at blaming the US.
If the US is capable of such actions why couldn't the Iranians?

And why is it that allegations of Iranian involvement in terrorist activity against 'The West' and it's allies are repudiated with claims of propoganda yet we are expected to believe the CIA are behind every single outrage in the world?

edit on 22/9/10 by Freeborn because: no 'm'

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

So really the CIA are in a no win situation with you.

Use a sophisticated device with mid to hi-tech components and it must have been them as only they could provide them, use a basic timer device and it must be them because they don't want to blow their cover!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Many of the reports came through the friends and families of opposition supporters who faced systematic rapes and beatings meted out by the Basij.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The CIA are responsible for more deaths, human rights violations, atrocities, interference in other countries, overthrowing of governments, arming terrorists, false flags and many other "black ops" than any other organisation in history, or any mideast country.

Why would anyone give them the benefit of the doubt?

They have been involved in training, arming and supplying internal terrorist groups in Iran since 1953, and even more so since 1979 when their puppet government was thrown out.

What evidence is there that they have changed their ways, particularly when Iran has repeatedly announced the capture of iranian agents who have confessed to working for the CIA?

You can have your opinion, but at the end of the day, it carries little weight given the antics of this despicable organisation over the last 60 years.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Whilst I'm certainly not discounting US / CIA involvement why is it that some people immediately raise the possibility before anything else and without a single shred of evidence as yet?
It's as if they want the US to be involved so that they can publicly express their disgust and disatisfaction.

It could just as easily be one of several home grown insurgents or 'terrorists' who are seeking increased democracy and / or autonomy.

Didn't you know? Around here, its common practice to blame the USA for all the evils of the world without any evidence. All the US haters need is someone to throw a speculative accusation in a thread to jump on the "I hate America" bandwagon.

Has anyone considered the possibility that just maybe there are many people in Iran who are fed up and have the intelligence to form a rebel faction and actually pull this off? Jeez, all you need is Google to find out how to make a bomb. But no, its easier to believe that ALL Iranians are stupid, happy and content with their poverty and their religious constraints than to believe what I proposed.

While the artical itself is good news reporting, this thread is nothing more than an attempt to troll more hatred to the US. Please don't feed the trolls people.

edit on 22-9-2010 by DerbyCityLights because: added last line.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
reply to post by budski

Many of the reports came through the friends and families of opposition supporters who faced systematic rapes and beatings meted out by the Basij.

And these were conveniently given more credence and air time by the US media, than the opinions of those who were happy with the results of the election.

There were beatings, imprisonments on trumped up charges, taserings and silencing of dissenting voices during the last 3 US elections (just to name 3)
But of course, in the US it was all down to "a few radicals"

Freeborn wants to talk about double standards - the US and UK are experts in it.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Yes, they could

If they wanted to blow their cover.

And where do the reports of election rigging come from?

US sponsored "insurgent" groups.

If you were to go and read the information on the last election in Iran you will find that most of the information came from exit polls. On top of that there was a whistle blower who was involved in counting the votes.
As to the timer bomb you saying just because it was something low tech it therefor came from a nation who specializes in high tech.
Using that same logic it is like you would say "I can't see the forest because of all the trees"

edit on 22-9-2010 by RedGolem because: fixing the quote

edit on 22-9-2010 by RedGolem because: trying to fix the quote

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'm not certainly not discounting CIA involvement...I just think it's far too early to tell and a little more evidence is required before making a balanced and reasoned judgement.
Some people just seem to want to blame the US for all the world's ill's, and for all their faults this just isn't so.

I am increasingly becoming of the opinion that some people use different standards when judging different groups / nations etc to ensure compliance with their pre-conceived ideas.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

And these were conveniently given more credence and air time by the US media, than the opinions of those who were happy with the results of the election.

It isn't convenient or unusual in the slightest that the opinions of those who were raped for supporting the opposition were given more airtime than those who claimed that they support the Government, and therefore the actions that the Government is taking to remain in power.

People generally believe that mass rapes and beatings with the purpose of coercing people into voting one way makes for an unfair election. It is also more deserving of news coverage than a few puppets placed in front of cameras to say how everything is completely fine and the election is ultra fair.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think it was a radical group from Iceland, plotting to take over the world after we all die but them in a war. They just wanna live somewhere warm.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

People also believe propaganda when they want to.

People lie when it suits their purposes.

Other people make use of these lies.

That's what propaganda is.

What's your point?
Do you have the hard physical evidence that you demand from others to support your assertions?

Or just propaganda from people with a vested interest who may have lied?

Keep believing whatever they want you to believe - you 'll go far...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The CIA:

1. Can be anywhere, at any time, in any place

2. Can listen to any phone conversation, read any email, see any document

3. Will only catch "terrorists" that it wants to, to make headlines

4. Will let other terrorists commit their crimes, to make headlines

5. Is able to support any rebel group, anywhere in the world.

6. Has unlimited funds

7. Can use holograms, engery weapons, robots, and washing machine timers

8. Creates every rebel group. Ever. Period.

9. Exists in a vaccum. There are not other intelligence agencies.

10. Is reading this right now.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

People also believe propaganda when they want to.

People lie when it suits their purposes.

Other people make use of these lies.

That's what propaganda is.

What's your point?
Do you have the hard physical evidence that you demand from others to support your assertions?

Or just propaganda from people with a vested interest who may have lied?

Keep believing whatever they want you to believe - you 'll go far...

I know this response wasn't to me, but....

Really? So, let me get this straight. If someone makes an accusation and doesn't have solid proof of the accusation, in the attempt to sway an opinion, that is propaganda?

This is in essence what you implied in your post I quoted. If you say this is true, then you are in fact spreading propaganda as well. You have provided only harsh accusations based on gut feelings without so much as a breath of proof.

As I said before. This thread is just another excuse to bash the USA. It is just using the news article to generate subterfuge so it seems as if this is about a terrible incident that took a dozen innocent lives.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Nope, what I posted was an opinion based on what I know and have read about CIA ops in Iran since the 1950's.

I'm not trying to convince anyone - if people don't like my opinions, they are free to read them, not read them, discuss them, whatever.

What I am not doing is using the MSM to convince people that another attack on a sovereign state whose only crime is to have oil and refuse to use dollars in the oil markets.

See the difference?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
All eyes are on the US right now from Iran.

I doubt it was from our government.

That would be too easy, our government likes to trick people, not just say "ok, we did it".

False flag by the Iranians maybe?

Let me get this straight. It would be "too easy" for the American government to be involved in this attack because they usually don't accept responsibility for their clandestine insurgent operations in Iran, so therefore Iran must have bombed its own people in order to blame the Americans? You should apply for a job at CNN, they like to make up stories too

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Now I'm not saying it is an Iranian false flag operation, there is nothing to suggest anything of the sort, however, if we are expected to believe, as many would have us do so, that the US and UK governments and security forces can carry out false flag operations why couldn't Iran?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This just in "Willy Wonka's Ooma Loompas did it in an attempt to uncover a secret chocolate mine outside of Tehran". Hey, don't laugh, it could be true, it makes as much sense as alot of the assumptions on here.........give it a rest, until we know more. Spending all day speculating with no facts doesn't really do anything but further peoples agendas.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Now I'm not saying it is an Iranian false flag operation, there is nothing to suggest anything of the sort, however, if we are expected to believe, as many would have us do so, that the US and UK governments and security forces can carry out false flag operations why couldn't Iran?

Well, for starters, there is a hell of a lot of information available to us about US and UK false flag operations. There's a reason why the US and UK have only been hit by a single false flag attack, because their governments only needed to conduct one in order to have an excuse to carry out their agendas. Iran happens to be in the middle of a hostile region that is the proxy war battleground between all of the world's major interests (specifically resources).

CIA has a history of working with and supplying insurgents in Iran with the means to carry out terrorism against the Iranian government. If this was an Iranian false flag attack, then they would obviously have some agenda for which the attack is meant to ratify. There is no agenda, so if the Iranian government did this to their own people then it would be with the intent to kill their own people at a military parade of all things. Totally absurd garbage.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You DO understand that this is a conspiracy forum, and as such specualtion is not only allowed, but encouraged, yes?

Besides which there are plenty of precedents for this - they go back to 1953, and even further if you want to talk about the europeans and US splitting up the mideast between them in the 1920's in order to control the resources.

So, given the recent news stories and western attitudes towards Iran, and the warmongering that is going on, I think another CIA backed operation is a perfectly reasonable assumption.

In fact, I think it's pretty safe to assume that the CIA is backing pretty much every insurgent group operating in Iran at the moment.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

There is no difference. you presented an accusation without providing any proof other than citing some book you read. Show me the proof that the CIA subverted a rogue Iranian group and had them plant the bomb. Otherwise you are just spreading your own form of propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join