It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast in Iranian city kills at least ten

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Blast in Iranian city kills at least ten

www.independent.co.uk

Ten people were killed and dozens injured in an explosion among a crowd watching a military parade in a city in northwestern Iran on Wednesday, media reported.

"This bomb was a time-bomb planted on a tree among the people and it went off at 10:20 (0650 GMT)," the website of state-run television IRIB quoted a military official as saying.

IRIB said 10 people had died and at least 57 were injured.

No casualties were reported among the military personnel and political dignitaries attending the annual parade - one of several held across the country to commemorate Iran's eight-year war w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Militants?

CIA Backed Militants?

Let's be honest here - it wouldn't be the first time.

The US and in particular the CIA has a long and bloody history when it comes to using "insurgents" to do its dirty work, particularly in South America and the Middle East.

IMO this is another attempt to not only de-stabilise Iran, but also to twist more words from their democratically elected president, which the media delights in doing.

As ever this is about money and control of resources, particularly in regards to the petro dollar - it has nothing to do with freedom, democracy, protecting Israel, or making sure that Iran (who signed the IAEA non proliferation treaty, unlike Israel) does not get nuclear weapons.

The amount of propaganda that is thrown around by western intelligence agencies is astounding - but what's more astounding is that even after all this time, people still fall for the same trick, repeated over and over.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22/9/2010 by budski because: spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Please, say the words ?

US government sponsored terrorism.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
All eyes are on the US right now from Iran.

I doubt it was from our government.

That would be too easy, our government likes to trick people, not just say "ok, we did it".

but I couldbe wrong and offbase.

Im sure oozii will come in here and tell me how it was the U.S cause we are the evil of the world.
But my retort is this, we are alot more slick than that.

This is crazy too, right as achmed is in the U.S.

False flag by the Iranians maybe?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
Please, say the words ?

US government sponsored terrorism.

I don't need to say the words - we all know it happens.

We all know it has happened in the past, is happening now and will happen in the future.

For some reason, when the US and/or their allies do it, it's not called "terrorism" it's called "fighting for freedom" which makes as much sense in those cases as copulation for celibacy.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Glenn Greenwald and Dylan Ratigan Discuss Neocon Warmongering for Attack on Iran
www.youtube.com...

There are people who , by hook or crook want to destabilise Iran . They are the most sick,and deserve the deepest darkest parts of our dungeons ...peace

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

The problem is that during WW2, certain people in the US found out there was money in war, regardless of if the country was actually at war.

This led to the military industrial complex, which needs war to keep feeding it.

Which is why since WW2, not a decade has gone by without the US (and UK) being involved in conflicts of one sort or another, under one pretext or another.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Could this have anything to do with the reports of Americans being captured in Iran posted on ATS, or am putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

There are quite a few old threads about the CIA supplying and supporting internal terrorists in Iran, and the Iranian security forces are far from stupid - SAVAK was a CIA trained organisation, and I would imagine their counter intel lessons have not been forgotten.

So, I think it's possible, yes, especially given the Iranians accusations against the US and Pakistan.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

The source article does report this.

The blast in the city of Mahabad, close to the borders with Iraq and Turkey, , was blamed on Kurdish separatists who have fought Iranian forces for decades.
www.independent.co.uk...

There was no reference to a western government being involved, which I would have first thought would be blamed as soon as possible. I also think there might be a bigger issue hear. The last election they had was overflowing with accusations of fraud.
Reference the links below.

Iran Election Whistleblower Killed- Ahmadinejad came in THIRD!!!!

Iran Election: First Evidence of possible cheating.

Am not saying a foreign power is not involved. It is just there own people as well as the Kurdish might have a real reason to want to cause some terror them selves.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

We all know the US likes to use surrogates, just as the USSR did, and Russia still does, along with many other nations.

We also know that there is far less proof of election rigging than there was when (for instance) Bush won.

It's just that in the west these things are swept under the carpet by the government/corporate media - whilst any alleged irregularities in other countries are blown out of all proportion, especially when it suits the purposes of TPTB.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Whilst I'm certainly not discounting US / CIA involvement why is it that some people immediately raise the possibility before anything else and without a single shred of evidence as yet?
It's as if they want the US to be involved so that they can publicly express their disgust and disatisfaction.

It could just as easily be one of several home grown insurgents or 'terrorists' who are seeking increased democracy and / or autonomy.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I stopped reading after "but also to twist more words from their democratically elected president"

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Because the US has quite a lot of history of doing this, and has been accused by Iran in the past of doing this.

Of course it's possible that it's "home grown" terrorists, but they used a pretty sophisticated device with a timer on it, which to me says CIA trained and supported.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

could be mossssssad behind this,
then again the way they have been operating lately they would most likely have left a note pointing to them with along some video footage

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is terrible! God Bless the victims of the attack! This is so terrible. Never have I seen so much evil in this world.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

And have you any evidence to support this or just your 'gut feeling'?

If this was a reverse situation and a bomb had exploded in the US or another 'Western' city and people were automatically accusing Islamic extremists you would be among the first, and quite correctly, criticising people for making assumptions without any evidence.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It's not just a gut feeling - there is a huge amount of history regarding US "black ops" particualrly in the area of trying to de-stabilise governments.

This fits their MO perfectly, so it's a bit more than just a "gut feeling"

And this IS a conspiracy site

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

We also know that there is far less proof of election rigging than there was when (for instance) Bush won.

If your referring to the popular vs the electoral vote there is no fraud or rigging there, that is all public knowledge. If you think that is greater proof of rigging then what happened in Iran on the last election go back and read about what was going on at that time, its no where close.

As to the bomb being a sophisticated piece of equipment, because it used a timer, any one who can buy an alarm clock and has a few tools and some wire can turn a clock into a device to set off a bomb. The CIA and most modern nation could do a heck of a lot better then a timer.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

The CIA and most modern nation could do a heck of a lot better then a timer.

Yes, they could

If they wanted to blow their cover.

And where do the reports of election rigging come from?

US sponsored "insurgent" groups.

Rocket science it ain't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join