It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Conspiracy Theory doesn't even make sense

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
For some reason Truthers - who usually profess to be highly suspicious of the American government - take great comfort in its supposed omnipotence.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

The time is in the front of each line, it starts at 9.33.16.

And the source is www.vanityfair.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aethron
It's not what you'd really expect considering the hundreds of billions of dollars that have been spent over decades to ensure such things do not happen.

Care to show us exactly where hundreds of billions was spent to stop aircraft after they were hijacked.... No, I did not think you could! Just another truther lie!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

reply to post by roboe

They didn't have a clue where AA77 was - let alone that it had been hijacked.

How could bin Laden have been so sure such incompetancy and confusion would occur? It's not what you'd really expect considering the hundreds of billions of dollars that have been spent over decades to ensure such things do not happen.

He couldn't. All 19 hijackers knew that it was a oneway mission, they didn't care if they died by crashing the plane into their targets or into a field, as long as they took "infidels" with them. And even if, by some gargantuan miracle, the US Air Force had managed to intervene, what could they have done? Shot them down? That would have been just as big a PR coup for bin Ladin and his cronies.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by roboe

Vanity Fair?? 5 years after 9/11???
And the full transcript I couldn't find there...

Yep OK, next I'll quote Penthouse..

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Your not supposed to look too deep into the OS..

second line here

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by roboe

Vanity Fair?? 5 years after 9/11???
And the full transcript I couldn't find there...

Yep OK, next I'll quote Penthouse..

Another fine example of truther research, I guess

The critical part of the transcript is found on page 7 along with the part of the tape it is from. The transcript I posted is from a transcript of the full set of NORAD tapes, which shouldn't be hard to find if you can be bothered.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

As usual the threads a waste of time...
The usual suspects who say they dont care for the subject are posting non stop...

Boring, but many know what happened that day is not what we are told...

Enough said.

edit on 22-9-2010 by CynicalM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by aethron

Not only that, but how could the "terrorists" possibly predict that their airliner attack would take down buildings like that? According to all the math, those buildings shouldn't have come down, especially building 7 which was the first in history to come down due to fire...so in all honesty, most people have to agree the initial plan, if thought out by "terrorists", did not include the collapse of those buildings. Either they got extremely lucky, or all these "coincidences" are the result of something else taking place that day.

Here's one for ya: occam's razor

edit on 22/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

So where exactly did the terrorists predict that the buildings were going down, or this more speculation on behalf of the truth movement? Also, call me crazy, but I think dumb luck would be the simpler explanation.

edit on 22-9-2010 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
When you consider the circumstantial evidence that was destroyed in both the Pentagon and Bldg. 7..You know the files containing info on the trillions of $$ in fraud you can get a picture of the who's and why's ...And to top it off,2 wars and more to come ...The whole story will be told someday .Right now we are amassing all the pertinent data,but it will be told....peace

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Enough said.

Well, not really.

You've been given evidence that directly refutes your ideas and you're just ignoring it.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

How could bin Laden possibly know that Air Defence would fail that day, which is something that *had to happen for his plan to succeed?

Ask yourself.... did the defense system fail..... or did the people operating the system get surprised/flustered/confused by the rapid anomalies of 4 aircraft veering off their flightpaths in about a 1 hour timeframe.

the 'system failure' is a cover-up excuse by the authorities...

the 9-11 operation was designed as a sneak attack, and the system failure is just what the group of zealot independent-contractors expected would happen.... the fat & happy Ammericans being all lazy & kicked back, not having a clue that the rest of the world is scratching & clawing to have little more than subsistance living...would be completely caught off guard ...never concerned that militant zealots would commandeer aircraft into homeland targets of significance.

IMHO: bin Laden was himself clueless about the operation by a cadre of loose associates who were all flight trained by the largesse of the USA and the dark-ops of the CIA trying to infiltrate into the Muslim world.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

No, I'm seeing the usual crap and I'm bored of it..Not ignoring..

2nd line

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by aethron

Normally I stay far and clear from 9/11 threads, but I feel the need to comment here...

My issue with your premise is this:

Before the September 11, 2001 attacks, pilots and flight attendants were trained to adopt the "Common Strategy" tactic, which was approved by the FAA. It taught crew members to comply with the hijackers' demands, get the plane to land safely and then let the security forces handle the situation. Crew members advised passengers to sit quietly in order to increase their chances of survival. They were also trained not to make any 'heroic' moves that could endanger themselves or other people. The FAA realized that the longer a hijacking persisted, the more likely it would end peacefully with the hijackers reaching their goal.[5]

September 11 presented a unique situation because it involved suicide hijackers who could fly an aircraft. The "Common Strategy" tactic was not designed to handle suicide hijackings. This resulted in the hijackers exploiting a weakness in the civil aviation security system. Since then the "Common Strategy" policy is no longer used.

Source

These flights were not shot down because it wasn't policy TO shoot them down.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

reply to post by TrickoftheShade

No, I'm seeing the usual crap and I'm bored of it..Not ignoring..

2nd line

Nonsense. You asked for proof and it was provided for you.

You didn't like it so now you're pretending that you can't be bothered with it.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Yeah, trillions of dollars of defense, outspending the next 15 countries military expenditure, buys you a military that's fat, lazy, too stupid to do anything when transponders are turned off, too stunned to do anything when they hear "allah akhbar" on the intercom, and airliners heading straight towards the nation's capital, but when chertoff releases dozens of Israelis who were caught with explosives in their vans, "oh hey, it's normal, nothing to see here. You're all antisemites! remember the holocaust!" lol, nevermind these hijackers used boxcutters to break into the flight cabins or that they failed basic flight school. Yeah, they just waltzed into the flight cabin, the pilots say "yo dude, we be given up, your kung fo us too powerful, dawg," and got up, and then these terrorists instinctively knew what 20, 30 year flight veterans admittedly couldn't do--quickly located their whereabouts, vertically and horizontally navigated the system, and rammed these planes straight into the wtc...learning all this from failing flight school, and they did it all on their first try. lol.

edit on 22-9-2010 by American_Soviets because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
You know the files containing info on the trillions of $$ in fraud

What trillions in fraud? Just another truther who does "research" by visiting those damn fool conspiracy sites!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Excellent job, Hefficide.

Of course, being an airline pilot I have known of the "common strategy" for decades....but never wanted to actually write it down on open Boards. Now, I see (from your source) that it's common knowledge...and keep in mind, the new "strategies" are not going to be publicly advertised, and I'm not telling.

@@ the OP: There seems to be a vast misconception regarding Air Traffic Control (ATC), the procedures, and its abilities. Any pilot who has used and understands how the system works realizes how you could "get away" with those multiple hijacking scenarios, back then, occurring nearly simultaneously.

I could go on and on, but instead I will direct your attention to a book I enjoyed about this....written by an airline pilot, so it was immediately "speaking my language" to me, yet it is written in a manner that's also easy to understand for laypeople. (It is so, so often I cringe when some authors attempt to write about airlines, airliners and airline pilots and what they do, and flight operations...in fact, the entire topic of flying. Many get it very, very wrong).

It's "Touching History", by Lynn Spencer. Came out in 2007-2008 I believe. SO, think about that --- lots of time to do a thorough job of research, and timeline establishment, form the many sources who contributed.

Also, for immediate viewing, this NBC documentary form September 2002 (anniversary) and the actual ATC personnel involved, with their perspectives and experiences. Again, knowing what I know, (my experience as a pilot) everything they speak is true and natural-sounding to me:

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Speaking of Lynn Spencer and her book, I don't know if you've seen this: c-span.com...

A very insightful look into what went on behind the scenes, as ATC, FAA and the USAF were trying to figure out what was going on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join