It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Threatens 'War Without Boundaries'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad Threatens 'War Without Boundaries'

abcnews.go.com

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad threatened a war with "no boundaries" if Western powers attack potential Iranian nuclear sites, ABC News reports. While in New York for a meeting of the UN General Assembly, the Iranian president again said his country would soon become a nuclear power, adding that the US and Israel would have to accept that.

Asked by reporters about the possibility of an Israeli-US air strike on Iranian facilities, Ahmadinejad said it would be considered an act of war: "War is not just bombs." His most inflammatory comments, predictably, came on the subject of the Holocaust, which
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Stating this on US soil...

I wonder if Obama would be allowed to travel to Iran and say the same thing. Honestly, I think Obama SHOULD take Amadinjihad's request for an all out live debate.. The world will vote on it like American Idol, via phone, and winner takes all regarding the "nuclear stance".

edit on 22-9-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Honestly, I think Obama SHOULD take Amadinjihad's request for an all out live debate.. The world will vote on it

Well that would be good but considering Obama will not even debate his own media or citizens live, I don't like your chances....

If its scripted in advance he'll be there!!!

I wonder if Obama would be allowed to travel to Iran and say the same thing.

But it was OK for Hilary to say he should be outed?? Bit hypocritical IMO...
abcnews.go.com...

edit on 22-9-2010 by CynicalM because: add Hilary

edit on 22-9-2010 by CynicalM because: add link

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
war without boundaries???
hmmm
I remember hearing that before.
Oh yes, I think Bush called it,
the war on terrorism.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
lol another threat.

They sure like to toot their own horns.

All the threats are empty. Nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Some other blasts from the past in this regard...

We are capable of destroying America and breaking its nose.

Muammar Qaddafi

The great duel, the mother of all battles has begun. The dawn of victory nears as this great showdown begins!

Saddam Hussein

These statements always remind me of the brat who is about to get decimated in a schoolyard brawl but who, for some reason, just cannot bring himself to stop talking/ even as the fists are landing on his face.

You know, those idiots who lose the fight and then yell, "You're so lucky I held back!" as they're walking away all bloodied...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
war without boundaries???
hmmm
I remember hearing that before.
Oh yes, I think Bush called it,
the war on terrorism.

Beat me to it man..

Its cool we talk all kinda crap but when a nation is defending itself against bullies then its a problem when someone says that?

god.. get off your rockers, Iran is nowhere near capable of making nuclear weapons.. Iraq much?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

AH I think you're on to something! It would be the biggest media event in world history. It could start out with a few audience questions to get them warmed up and then it's on to the ramdom questions. An independent system takes over that randomly picks internet, smartphone, voicemail questions and really put them on the spot.

Now that's entertainment!

You have to give Ahmadinejad credit for that one

Today Western media are propaganda agents who continuously speak about democracy and human rights though their slogans are sheer lies," he said.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

These statements always remind me of the brat who is about to get decimated in a schoolyard brawl but who, for some reason, just cannot bring himself to stop talking/ even as the fists are landing on his face.

Others call it School Yard Bullying..So you are close and it's usually the Bully that is the antagonist...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You warn them once and you are giving out a warning.
You warn them twice and you are enforcing that warning.
You warn them three times you sound as hawkish as your opponent.
You warn them any more times and you sound like you are the one wanting the war and/or attention.

I have long defended Ahmadinejad for just wanting to defend his country and he has every right to that nuclear program. But now this is just getting ridiculous, all of these people talking the same old lines trying to sound like some hero in their respective nations and they are sounding like nothing more than children caught up in their own argument to impress others and everyone else has already walked away.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Others call it School Yard Bullying..So you are close and it's usually the Bully that is the antagonist...

Fortunately I'm old enough to remember the Carter administration and the entire Iran hostage fiasco. These folks have been poking the sleeping lion for a LONG time.

And if a kid wanders around school talking smack about how easily he could beat the bully... Well eventually the bully is going to show up and call him out on it.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

IMO, he is just saving face...
He is being condemmed from all sides with little proof of their claims..
The OP is quick to point out this one interview but doesn't mention the earlier interview on the same show where Hilary Clinton didn't exactly hard back on critisism...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

It was obviously staged.

This whole war business is nothing but a game...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Except that the bully is in on the whole thing.

The bully can just waltz right in.

Don't buy into this garbage.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Another Ahmadinejad diatribe? Yawn... Doesn't that poor little wheasel know that if you cry wolf (sorry, "Death to Israel!") too many times, people stop listening,
Perhaps he should spend his efforts on his country's economy instead, Iranian inflation is going through the roof.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Fortunately I'm old enough to remember the Carter administration and the entire Iran hostage fiasco. These folks have been poking the sleeping lion for a LONG time.

The Iran hostage issue reminds me of why the US invaded Afghanistan, because they refused to hand over OBL, worse actually because OBL has never been officially linked to 9/11...

The students vowed not to release the Americans until the U.S. returned the Shah for trial, along with billions of dollars they claimed he had stolen from the Iranian people.

Theres more about the CIA messing in Irans affairs etc bhut you already know all that...

www.pbs.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

funny you should mention that.
I was around during Carter as well.
And little do the newbies around here
know that the CIA under Carter was
responsible for putting the Shah of Iran
in power to begin with.

Those American hostages were held by rebels
seeking retribution for the CIA's
overthrow of the previous government.
From the best of my recollection
that's how it went.

edit on 22-9-2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

The you tube link does not work for us Aussies it says,
This video content from FOX News Network,who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
is there a way around this?
or is it the same clip from abcnews.go.com

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

It would be so embarrassing for Obama, the head of the world's biggest hypocritical nation to stand against Ahmadinejad, no chance at all..

I can imagine Obama running towards his room in the (white) house, jumping in his double king size bed (which must be white) and hugging his (white) pillow and sobbing all night.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Mohammad Rezā Shāh Pahlavi, Shah of Iran, (Persian: محمدرضا شاه پهلوی [mohæmˈmæd reˈzɒː ʃˈɒːhe pæhlæˈviː]; 26 October 1919 – 27 July 1980), was the emperor of Iran from 16 September 1941, until his overthrow by the Iranian Revolution on 11 February 1979. He was the second and last monarch of the House of Pahlavi of the Iranian monarchy. Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi held several titles: His Imperial Majesty, Shahanshah (King of Kings,[1] Emperor), Aryamehr (Light of the Aryans) and Bozorg Arteshtārān (Head of the Warriors,[2] Persian: بزرگ ارتشتاران).

source

Carter didn't have anything to do with putting the Shah into power.

Nor did the CIA which wasn't formed until 09/18/1947.

The OSS may well have played a part in his placement. But not Carter, or the CIA, or the CIA under Carter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join