It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France faces imminent terror threat - ''The threat is real''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

PARIS: France is at immediate risk of a major terror attack by Islamist radicals and has further reinforced already urgent security measures since last week, officials said on Monday.

Asked about reports that an attack might be imminent, Interior Minister Brice Hortefeux said: “The threat is real, we have stepped up our vigilance.”

Separately, a source close to the ministry confirmed that police are probing reports that a female suicide bomber may be preparing a strike in Paris, but added: “That’s not necessarily the most worrying thing.”

Instead, he explained, Paris is concerned with intelligence received from an allied foreign spy agency that Al Qaeda’s North African branch, Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), was planning an “imminent” attack in France.

www.dailytimes.com.pk...921story_21-9-2010_pg4_5

edit on 21-9-2010 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Though I do not live in that area, I hope that people that are there, are aware of the possible dangers.

And of course I hope everyone stays safe.

Peace, NRE.

S&F

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

“That’s not necessarily the most worrying thing.”

that infact is a very worrying statement.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Looks like the French authorities know that the female suicide bomber may just be the decoy attack and that a secondary larger attack might follow the half an hour later when emergency crews converge on the area for maximum impact!

With the French recently forcibly deporting thousand of the Roma people, I wonder if an islamic terror attack will make France take the lead and start deporting European muslims aswell?

Im sure the other members of the EU would support them.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This" imminent" attack may give them a reason to step up their agenda,cleaning out the country of undesirables.If someone is going to attack why would they tell anyone beforehand?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I wonder if we should call this a false flag before it happens, or at least wait until the explosions finish...then we can blame the US.

Some notes
When is terrorist organizations -not- planning terrorist attacks...its sort of their 9-5, isn't it?

What can the common french citizen do beyond...meh...be aware of surroundings..but this should be a always statement until we as a civilization die, or at least religion goes away.

I wonder if this will make Johnny Depp move back to the US.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

i dont think the "terrorists" rung up france and was like our bombers they be in your country! it was morelikely that either intelegence was obtained through some form or another not a collect call from an angry terrorist

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I thought they were implying the bomb wasn’t the main aspect that worried them, more the nature of the bomb or its intended target?

maybe a crude chemical device? chlorine gas, maybe ricin could do a lot of damage in a subway station...

You quite often hear of people saying an attack is imminent but its usually followed up with '' we however have had no intelligence indicating such ''

well, in this case it appears they have, and are openly telling the people we think something’s about to happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Kidnappings ... "Le Monde quoted one note as saying the threats against France have intensified in recent weeks. It said the notes were written days before the kidnapping last Thursday of seven people working at a huge uranium mine in Niger run by France's state-owned nuclear power giant Areva."

Err, yeah, that would be "more worrying".

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
aww crap so they might have access to nukes or nuclear scientists this wont be good regardless good luck france and i hope if some one messes with you our country still has your back

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I suppose this is what they get for banning the burka. Religion of peace indeed.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The link in the OP didn't work for me.

Here's one that should work:

Daily Times of Pakistan

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So a couple of months ago or so, we had the French MP's (equivalent) voting to ban the burqa, and now conveniently there is a terror threat from a female muslim suicide bomber.

Berlusconi in Italy has presented a motion aimed at resolving the public security issues raised by the custom of wearing the burqa or other clothing that prevents accurate identification.

It all seems a little too pat IMO.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'd say nothing to worry about. After all as proven time and time again, the "religion" of peace, would never, never, never, do anything evil. *Sarcasm off*. I'd say they have to expect something, however, I do think France will start expelling them if anything happens........not a bad idea, also a good reason to watch for a false flag......kill a few people, kick out the muslims, I've heard of worse plans.

edit on 22-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join