It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gospel of Judas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have found on a book about Judas Gospel recently (totaly by chance btw), after reading more about this subject I find it's a quite interesting one, and to my opinion most probaly the documents found in the Egyptian mountains, written in "Coptic" and attributed to Judas might be what it pretends to be, and It's kinda of strange no media talks about it while the story was out in the 80's and 90's. It seems like the medias prefered to talk about foolish Marie-Madeleine stories and Dan Brown books while "maybe" the Gospel of Judas was laying somewhere and nobody was paying real attention to this.

Link to to the translation of the gospel:

www.nationalgeographic.com...

(sorry to post in wrong places
, I don't know where else to post)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Speaking strictly from a theological interest...

The role of Judas was necessary and Jesus required him to do exactly as he did. Arguably, Jesus trusted him most of all and Judas was the one of the whole lot that would do as instructed to fulfill the plans needed for the end result.

You cannot call Judas a betrayer when even before they stepped foot in the city, Christ was preparing his flock for the upcoming events...the whole thing was a plan that worked perfectly...and plans only work when they are actually planned out.

There was many articles written about this, using tons of biblical references of the events that are detailed in the scripture. the more illogical conclusion would be that judas did betray christ when you read it with clarity.

So, if the guy made some gospels, it might be worthwhile in reading them considering he and Jesus had a very close connection that went deeper and more trusting than the rest of the ones whom were not trusted enough to fulfill the plan.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've always found it odd as well that not a lot of interest is placed in the gnostic texts. I can't really understand other people's lack of curiosity.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You have it right Saturn. The Gospel of Judas states that Jesus specifically recruited
Judas to betray him because Judas was the most trusted.

The reason this has not been widely reported is because the bible states that "...God
sent his only begotten son to die for our sins," This is the bedrock of
Christianity and this revelation in the Gospel of Judas is a direct contradiction.

If Jesus planned his own crucifixion, then entire sections of the bible become
irrelevant, and, in fact, it shows Jesus to be a liar.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
interesting read

sidenote...why is this in introductions...hopefully a mod will get on the ball and kick it over to the religion section.

anyhow, it has all the neat stuff...time travel, aliens (sky angels and whatnot), different planets, etc.

its interesting to note that the most critical passages are lost or scrubbed out...like some sort of bad joke...

the secret to everything is ....this bit lost.... and just remember that for the answers to all.
rather annoying.

Anyhow, I am not sure how they came to the conclusion they did...they read the same stuff I read I assume...if anything, due to the fact of all the missing stuff, it seems inconclusive...if anything, it shows that all people are to die and simply be dead until some holy generation comes along..and they aren't even of humanity anyhow...and no human can enter the cool house of the holy because we are the wrong species.

neat read.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
reply to post by SaturnFX

You have it right Saturn. The Gospel of Judas states that Jesus specifically recruited
Judas to betray him because Judas was the most trusted.

The reason this has not been widely reported is because the bible states that "...God
sent his only begotten son to die for our sins," This is the bedrock of
Christianity and this revelation in the Gospel of Judas is a direct contradiction.

If Jesus planned his own crucifixion, then entire sections of the bible become
irrelevant, and, in fact, it shows Jesus to be a liar.

Actually, does it show Jesus to be the liar, of the people reporting on jesus after, the 12 doods

if what judas says holds true, jesus basically said that the generations will follow the 12 people twisting his story over and over verses follow the lessons of Jesus. all 12 diciples writing fictious things that gave themselves glory in the interpretation moreso than a truth of the situation.

Thats the bit that stuck out in my head...and ya, ultimately Pauls accounts became doctrain on how the church conducts business and how beliefs are administered.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by moltquedelo
www.nationalgeographic.com...

The Gospel of Judas most certainly has a very clear ring of the authentic about it, much of the language echoing the language of the Gospel of Thomas.

The problem arises, however, with the introduction of different names; for example, Barbelos.

The inclusion of such names indicates that there was an original version; a version which, however, was then expropriated by one or another faction taking a particular perspective on the Teaching.

In general, however, such documents are categorically disregarded by the official Christian religious establishment because they have no real Knowledge of anything that Jesus taught.

If they had any such Knowledge, they would be able to pick up such documents and differentiate which parts are authentic from those parts that have been corrupted by various pagan influences.

Nor is there any hint in this Gospel that the betrayal was in any way contrived between Jesus and Judas.

And, even if such could be argued, that would merely be evidence of a corruption of the Teaching; much of which, by its very nature, is corrupted merely by being written down in the first place. That is, the Teaching can most effectively be conveyed onlyin an oral manner directly between a teacher and a student...

Which is the specific reason that, in both the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Judas, Jesus is described as taking people aside and giving them a specific Teaching which is not given to the others.

Now, obviously, if that Teaching could not be given orally to the other apostles who were there at the time, how much less appropriate is it to write that information down in such a way that it can be seen by those who are not even apostles in the first place; people like Christian theologians, whose goal is to sell their teaching in order to, for example, pay for their health insurance.

And it was this attitude--that the Teaching can be accurately conveyed only at the individual level--which was even more threatening to the institutional church than the church's contradiction of the Teaching of Jesus on the "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth', as I explain in other contexts...

But not sufficiently to constitute an oral Teaching.

Michael

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Human psychology contains the following options for experience:

1/ Sheeple-unconsciousness

2/ Delusions caused by mental illness, substance MIS-use, wanna-be attitudes, hysteria caused by excessive indoctrination (both political and religious)*.

3/ Direct influence from psi-technology.

4/ Experience and/or contact with non-human entities, such as 'astral' beings, angels, demons, archons, hyperdimensional entities etc.

5/ 'Cosmic' experiences, where basic cosmic energies or beings are encountered.

6/ Transcendent experiences.

If there is anything beyond option 6, I'm unable to relate to it.

Through all levels, there's almost always residues of doctrine tainting the experience.

It's possible to relate to any 'data' from any observational platform.

To evaluate 'truth' in any presented information or material, it's rather important to know, which glasses one is wearing and to keep these glasses well cleaned.

This goes for the 'gospel of Judas' as for any other historical document or handed-down doctrine.

* In societies (even secular ones) with a high degree of disinformation, conspiracy-theory can develop to the point of delusional paranoia (e.g. Orson Wells' famous radio experiment: 'Aliens have landed').

edit on 22-9-2010 by bogomil because: Keyboard hands faster than semantic considerations

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Your reply is much too wordy.

There are three dimensions of consciousness: the consciousness of the "self", the consciousness of the 'thinker', and the non-spatial, non-temporal "observing consciousness" of the Eastern traditions, or the consciousness Created 'by and in the image of God' of the monotheistic Revelations.

Everything that you mention comes within the first two dimensions of consciousness.

But you appear not to have either any experience or any knowledge of that third dimension of consciousness.

Not a problem.

Don't believe in any such thing as Revelations?

I suggest you read the writings of J. Krishnamurti with regards to the dualistic consciousness; mostly, the consciousness of the 'thinker'.

His view is at least a part of a larger Truth.

Michael

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There are 2 ways to look at it.

1. This is all true.

and

2. This is a complete lie to make him look better and justify his betrayel. After all, I doubt he thought he would die so soon.

Both are possible. Option 1 allows Jesus to fullfil prophecy. Whether or not you think that makes him a liar is your call.

Option 2 can be seen as this book being the last will of a man who is trying to find justification in what he has done and has concocted this fictional scenerio. Would you believe a book written by Hitler that he was asked to exterminate the Jews by the US?

On second thought, this being ATS, don't answer that last question.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
There are 2 ways to look at it.

1. This is all true.

and

2. This is a complete lie to make him look better and justify his betrayel. After all, I doubt he thought he would die so soon.

This is a classical response by the dualistic consciousness of the 'thinker': to look at everything in black and white, good and evil, right and wrong; with no shades of gray in between.

In this particular case, most of the Gospel of Judas is authentic; but certain 'editions' have been made for the purpose of perverting the Teaching.

Look.

Most of these kinds of writings were either hidden or destroyed for the purpose of preserving the Christian church which had turned upside down the Teaching of Jesus.

Who, for example, was responsible for the burning of the library at Alexandria, Egypt?

I suggest those whose 'authority' and positions would have been seriously threatened by the documents that were to be found in that library.

The Gospel of Judas may represent a "third option", like many of the documents found at Nag Hammadi: consisting of an intense interveaving of both authentic Teaching and pagan corruptions of that Teaching so as to cause complete confusion among those searching for the Truth.

Michael

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

I never said the book wasn't authentic.

I said the story could possibly be a lie to make him look better.

If you could point out where I said the book wasn't authentic I would appreciate it. Although I imagine your post was a shot from the hip that you posted after briefly skimming my post.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Re Michael

You wrote:

"I suggest you read the writings of J. Krishnamurti with regards to the dualistic consciousness; mostly, the consciousness of the 'thinker'."

I'm familiar with Krishnamurti and my impression is, that he definitely got something. I'm also familiar with the problems around dualism as a concept and as an 'life-acting' platform.

As to your 'insight' into the scope of my levels of experience, I have no intentions of getting into a 'Holier than you' contest.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
wat about the gospel of maria magdalena... could be moore interresting...:-)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I never said the book wasn't authentic.

I said the story could possibly be a lie to make him look better.

If you could point out where I said the book wasn't authentic I would appreciate it. Although I imagine your post was a shot from the hip that you posted after briefly skimming my post.

Well, for me, the question would revolve around the issue of whether a lie should be considered authentic or not.

I do not consider lies authentic.

Remember.

It is called the Gospel of Judas.

A Gospel, for me, is Good News.

A lie is not Good News.

A lie is the same old same old.

So, my conclusion is that you consider the book inauthentic because it may be a lie when it claims to be a Gospel.

Michael

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Holy crap you are a hard headed exact opposite of a smart person aren't you?

The book is authentic because it is from the right time period. The words are the lie.

Now stop being sub human in thinking and stop trying to be difficult.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil As to your 'insight' into the scope of my levels of experience, I have no intentions of getting into a 'Holier than you' contest.

(Sigh)

This is not in any way a 'Holier than you' contest.

All scientific theories and all theologies originate in the consciousness of the 'thinker', a consciousness which accepts, as a fundamental structure of reality, the metaphysical duality. This is crucial to the formation of both the consciousness of the "self" and the consciousness of the 'thinker'.

I have yet to encounter either an evolutionist or a Christian theologian who has any awareness or appreciation whatsoever for the non-dualistic consciousness of the Eastern esoteric tradition.

They are caught inexorably within the prison of the duality.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with either "God" or the "Holy".

It has to do with whether or not a person has any knowledge at all of a third dimension of consciousness beyond duality; which can be referred to either as the non-spatial, non-temporal, non-dualistic consciousness or the consciousness Created 'by and in the image of God' as opposed to the 'fallen' consciousness of the "self" and the 'thinker'.

Michael

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Holy crap you are a hard headed exact opposite of a smart person aren't you?

I sure hope so.

The book is authentic because it is from the right time period. The words are the lie.

Which, of course, implies that you have a Knowledge of Truth.

Now stop being sub human in thinking and stop trying to be difficult.

There is no verb "to think".

The word "thinking" is a violation of Occam's Razor.

There is only thought.

Michael

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
wat about the gospel of maria magdalena... could be moore interresting...:-)

Yes, it is much more interesting.

I've already dealt with this on a previous thread.

Michael

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That is great.

I appreciate your reply. Goodbye.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join