It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US a police state?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Roberts talks about a coup. What else was 9/11? We haven;t had a fair presidential election since then, so democracy is no longer in effect. The Patriot acts gutted the bill of rights, the CIA and NSA are running amok with no oversight. All we have left is the illusion of freedom.
US civil law was suspended on 9/11 under the emergency powers act which has been renewed every year, even under Obama. This is why the Federal government is unanswerable to the people.
Go ahead and test your "rights" if you believe we are free. Take any issue that the Federal gov't does not agree with go speak in public, put up flyers, etc and see how long it takes for the police to show up.
Our "freedoms" are more like an invisible electric fence, any time you push the boundaries you will get zapped. Then again, you can get tasered just for getting injured in your own home if you refuse to go along with the nice policemen for a mental examination.
9/11 changed everything, they even told us it would.
America has been a police state for a minimum of 9 years.
To believe otherwise is, well, ignorant.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If you wouldhave asked this question when I was fresh out ofhigh school almost ten years ago I would have said no. Now given what has happened to me, my family, and friends there is no doubt that most of the US is under a police state. Individual liberties are infringed. I live in a 'bible belt' county and the majority of the voting population are religious zealots who are completly blind to the reality of the police state and the hypocricy of our elected officials.

Problems I see besides our elected law makers having perverted interests are: Too many laws on the books; More money being spent on law enforcement and budget cutbacks for education/schools; Cops who are encouraged to make arrests to benefit their careers, the whole protect and serve mentality does not exist any more, our police officers can and do get promoted based soley on their arrest record so we have many police officers who look for any reason to arrest a citizen; The Constitution and what it meant to this country has been forgotten; Corruption in all levels of government. There is much more and I hope YOU can add legitment reasons of why America has become a police state.

I was a member of a law enforcment/security team when I was in the Navy and my superiors were big on protecting the Consitution and civil liberties. The chief(MAC) of the station would make the junior guys remember and recite the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution before they were allowed in his office. I feel that if more LEO's had superiors that respected what this country was founded upon this country would be much stronger and we would not be having a discussion about America being a police state.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

“Is Jesse Ventura’s Police State Episode being censored by truTV?”

The following info was taken from www.wearechange.org
Posted on November 27, 2010.

Jesse Ventura’s “Police State” Episode featuring Alex Jones and “We Are Change” Edited out of existence at truTV?

Several days ago, truTV decided to wipe clean of any mention of the bombshell “Police State” episode.

At one Time the website read:
“Police State”
Premiered Fri, November 12 at 10P
It’s been said the government has a plan to declare martial law and round up millions of United State citizens into concentration camps. Jesse may have found a conspiracy in plain sight as he investigates the proliferation of law enforcement Fusion Centers around the country. And they may be connected to hundreds of detention centers ready to accept prisoners at the stroke of a Presidential pen. TV-PG-L

Police State Episode Info Erased from truTV’s Website (Nov 25, 2010).

Police State and Alex Jones Videos Erased on truTV’s Website (Nov 25, 2010).

Police State Episode was blocked out of truTV Programming Code (Nov 26, 2010).

Police State Episode was Not Re-Aired on Nov.19th as previously scheduled.

The Police State episode Was Never Referenced on truTV’s Facebook or Twitter Pages at any time. (All other episodes were).

The Police State episode was deleted from truTv’s website (episode list and video section), around the same time (Nov. 25) the “Great Lakes” episode was finally listed to air on December 3, 2010.

It was also not Aired on the “Conspiracy Theory Mini-Marathon” from 9pm-12am Friday night either (Nov 26).

The night the “Police State” episode aired, Michael Braverman Executive producer of the show said “that he had information that there were powerful forces that wanted the show off the air”.

Remember to be polite in contact with truTV and be sure to thank them for airing the show in the first place.

My strong recommendation would be to Contact truTV, ask why the “Police State” episode info and videos were from their website. Ask them why they chose not to re-air it, as was scheduled to be and was done with every other episode, and if there is a possibility that it will be.

Contact truTV: www.trutv.com...

This issue is concerning to me because i feel the “Police State” episode was the most powerful and important episode to date in my opinion. A couple reasons being video confirmation and exposé of FEMA Camps / Coffins, at the same time Introducing “We Are Change” and “Alex Jones” to the public, as both are heavily featured in the episode.

<< 1   >>

join