It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US a police state?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

POLICE STATE

Very interesting video, here are the highlight of the video:

1. An American citizen kidnapped and held in Bagram military base, for five years secretly, tortured and denied of all his rights.

2. The head of national intelligence announced that US government has a list of Americans that it will assassinate abroad.

3. There is a coup, a power grab, the law doesn't mean anything to the government, it operates outside the law, with contempt of the law.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It's possibly the most corrupt police state on the planet, and it's just getting warmed up.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by erumisato
It's possibly the most corrupt police state on the planet, and it's just getting warmed up.

That's a nice emotional talking point there but that is definitely not the truth, there are far worse places such as N. Korea and Saudi Arabia. America has alot of problems with maintaining its Civil and Political Liberties which are being slowly but surely broken down each day. We can see it all around us from surveillance cameras on the streets and in grocery stores, to GPS on our phones, 'random' wiretapping, etc... We are facing a situation where government feels that it is their right to make our rights void in the name of national security and personal protection.

I don't believe that one bit, they could not provide me with any sort of evidence that could back up their claim that their invasions of our privacy have helped us as a public or as a victim. Government can either protect our rights or it can destroy them, right now I am not seeing much in the form of protection.

There are no watchdog groups willing to call us out on our violations of our Liberties because the government would do its hardest to discredit their group and eventually shut it down or make it virtually illegitimate. We continue to receive top scores on Liberties while we continue to put our citizens to death, wiretap their phones, check their emails, torture prisoners of war, break the Geneva Convention, suspend habeas corpus, violate press freedom, assassinate American citizens and have an electoral system which is able to ignore the will of the majority.

edit on 9/21/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by erumisato

That's a nice emotional talking point there but that is definitely not the truth, there are far worse places such as N. Korea and Saudi Arabia.

At least in North Korea they have the decency to take you to private place for the electro-torture.

American police begin electro-torture right there on the street, out in public. How indecent.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You forgot that they just gave Interpol FULL immunity...

A foreign force not answerable to the American people, imagine that!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

WOW, what is happening in America.

This is the first time I seen this video and I was surprised by the facts the individual claimed in the interview.

Is this the interpol you are talking about?
www.interpol.int...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just in the interest of disclosure and honest debate:

RT is financed by the Russian government and has had some issues with integrity in the past.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

But it is not about RT, it is about the individual RT was interviewing ??

In order to touch their credibility, you have to take the comments of the individual being interviewed in to consideration.. You haven't touched that yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Sorry, but I find rt to be much more valid than Americas major "news" source, fox.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

But it is not about RT, it is about the individual RT was interviewing ??

In order to touch their credibility, you have to take the comments of the individual being interviewed in to consideration.. You haven't touched that yet.

The gentleman speaking is a paid columnist, writer, and was educated as an economist. He was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy from '81 to '82.

source

I don't seek to discredit the network or the man being interviewed, but only point out that he is a paid commentator on a network that is funded by a foreign government.

Let others take what they wish from this as they process things.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421

Sorry, but I find rt to be much more valid than Americas major "news" source, fox.

As much as I hate Fox, one cannot say that they are funded by the US government.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Are you suggesting his claims are false?

That is all I'm asking you, because if his claims are false, I want to know, I don't want to BS in my head, it gives me stinky breath.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

His "claims"? He's making political commentary - something he does for a living.

The fact that it's dressed up to appear as though it's a news story featuring somebody who's framed as a government insider is a bit suspect.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So you are attacking him, rather than his comments, you might as well attack me, rather than my posts, same stuff.

That is like me attacking you, rather than your ideas and your claims.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

So you are attacking him, rather than his comments, you might as well attack me, rather than my posts, same stuff.

That is like me attacking you, rather than your ideas and your claims.

Show me where I attacked anyone. Show me were I spoke a single untrue word.

I merely wanted people to understand that this is a paid commentator speaking on a network that is financed by a foreign government. Anyone reading this thread should be aware of all the facts so that they can form their opinions based upon all the facts.

I never once implied Mr. Roberts lied. He spoke his opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I think you are smart enough to not attack him directly:

I think this is relevant:

1. An American citizen kidnapped and held in Bagram military base, for five years secretly, tortured and denied of all his rights.

2. The head of national intelligence announced that US government has a list of Americans that it will assassinate abroad.

3. There is a coup, a power grab, the law doesn't mean anything to the government, it operates outside the law, with contempt of the law.

The above is not opinion, the above is his claims, is he making opinionated claims? No. Is his claims false? That is yet to be confirmed.

But if you are saying that his police state comment is opinionated, then I agree, that is for everyone to decide, based on the facts (?still unconfirmed by me?) he provided for us.

Based on those facts, the fact that the US government is working outside the law is enough for me, for some, there needs to be more.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I think you are smart enough to not attack him directly:

The above is not opinion, the above is his claims, is he making opinionated claims? No. Is his claims false? That is yet to be confirmed.

I think that number 3 also qualifies as opinion, or supposition. While there is ample evidence to support corruption and unconstitutional practices, there is no evidence that a coup has taken place or is taking place.

But if you are saying that his police state comment is opinionated, then I agree, that is for everyone to decide, based on the facts (?still unconfirmed by me?) he provided for us.

Based on those facts, the fact that the US government is working outside the law is enough for me, for some, there needs to be more.

That is exactly what I was saying. Mr. Roberts has every right to postulate and comment upon the government and current events.

But delivering commentary or opinion in a format implying that it's news is not honest. Fox does this as well, and it irks me just as much when they do it, as I am sure it does you as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It looks like it is a private security police state:

crazypitch.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

In that case I apologize.

It was mostly mis-communication, or probably mis-understanding from my part.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

No worries at all!

And thank you for being patient and open to debate! Such attributes are worthy of respect and aren't often seen online these days.

So, again, thank you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join