It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind could have parted Red Sea for Moses: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
is this more sensible than the biblical version?

Wind could have parted Red Sea for Moses: report Tue Sep 21, 12:23 pm ET WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Moses might not have parted the Red Sea, but a strong east wind that blew through the night could have pushed the waters back in the way described in biblical writings and the Koran, U.S. researchers reported on Tuesday. Computer simulations, part of a larger study on how winds affect water, show wind could push water back at a point where a river bent to merge with a coastal lagoon, the team at the National Center for Atmospheric Research and the University of Colorado at Boulder said. "The simulations match fairly closely with the account in Exodus," Carl Drews of NCAR, who led the study, said in a statement. "The parting of the waters can be understood through fluid dynamics. The wind moves the water in a way that's in accordance with physical laws, creating a safe passage with water on two sides and then abruptly allowing the water to rush back in." (Editing by Jerry Norton)

yahoo story

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"EEEEHHH" Wrong. Nothing parted the waters because its a BS story. The Jews were never slaves of Egypt, there was NO mass exodus. They have found plenty archeological evidence that the Egyptians did NOT use mainly slave labor, that indeed it was barter system, and NO evidence the jews were ever enslaved. Check out the bible unearthed....a pretty good book written by two jewish scientists. Im sure you will label them self hating jews, regardless, the book is well studied.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The question begs, why are these scientists trying so hard to disprove
the biblical version? Why does science in general go to such great
lengths to discredit religion in general? You would think by now with
all their scientific research, advances in so many fields they would
have much more success with regards to this specific endeavour
but no! Religion in general is thriving.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

your reply confused me.
to begin, i am a jew, will have to check out the book you mentioned.

Check out the bible unearthed....a pretty good book written by two jewish scientists. Im sure you will label them self hating jews, regardless, the book is well studied.

i have people tell me that because i don't take the old testament as absolute fact that i am not at all a jew, no matter my blood lines.

your welcome to further explain your point if so inclined.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

yet there is the visa versa side.
scientists are trying to explain creationist theories and the like.
i'm not sure i agree with the 'religion is thriving' concept.
are all religions growing by the number of members?
or are you only mentioning christianity?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Already posted, but different article.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The Bible does not say the Israelites crossed the Red Sea or the Sea of Reeds. This is what I get from reading the Bible.
www.usbible.com...
Go down to the end of the page. "Red Sea Crossing"

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Moses always had good timing... He's my favorite prophet because he wouldn't take crap from God.

edit on 9/21/10 by ohsnaptruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Saw this on the history channel not too long ago, it could be a possibility. Doesn't affect my faith either way. My OT professor was an archaeologist in Israel, they found evidence of fire and brimstone in the areas believed to be near the ancient cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, from a nearby volcano...Under ancient Jericho, where the Jews marched around the city until the walls fell they found a fault line with evidence of an earthquake a few thousand years ago...Does this mean that the Bible is false? By no means, to me it only shows God's particular way of using things of the Earth to do His deeds.

edit on 9/22/2010 by AnonymousMoose because: grammar an stuff an junk

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

Well if you're God is nature then I guess that's understandable. :p
To me they're just stories if they happened that got passed down and interpreted differently.
Look at the Epic of Gilgamesh, Noah's Ark and numerous other stories that are similar.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Rubbertramp.

Go to your search line and type in "wyatt museum" and you will find Ron Wyatt found the Red Sea crossing, Noah's Ark and more because he had sense enough to look in the right places. It is well worth your time if you want the truth. He has pictures of chariot wheels and stuff from the Egytians when the sea came in on them and if I remember right it was around 1000 ft. deep where the crossing was and a lot deeper on either side. I have found the Word of God is Truth like He says and Christian science has been proving it but most today prefer a false science to madly destroy the true story. You would do well to get Ron Wyatt's story.

Truthiron

top topics

join