It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Americans Knew What Israel Is Doing! VIDEO WAS CENSORED!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Eliad, you simply attacked the video, you didn't counter any of the claims in the video.

It is just odd, but I know the debating techniques they spread through the media.

What is the point of attacking the website? It is the claims which is more important, why didn't you counter them.

If we agree with the claims, you job is to prove to us that is bogus, by taking the claims in to account first.

So once again, do a rebuttal in regards to the video and its claims, not in regards to the personality of the Website, or the person who created it. And please don't divert the thread to gay rights..

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
If Americans knew what a BS website they are watching.
After operation 'cast lead' alone, the IDF attorney's office (equivalent to JAG) conducted 150 investigations. 36 of them led to criminal investigations.
www.haaretz.co.il...

Show me one, just one criminal investigation carried out by Hamas.

The use of the so called “human shields” by the IDF was named 'neighbor procedure', in which a neighbor or a family relative was told to ask a wanted person to give himself up, assuming that wanted person will not fire upon him.
In the hundreds cases of this procedure, only one Palestinian was killed by a terrorist.
There was a great debate in Israel regarding this procedure, and in fact in 2005, the Israeli supreme court ruled against it, and the IDF stopped using such means.

There are some documented events during 'Cast Lead' that Palestinian terrorists used civilians homes as strongholds. The owners of these homes pleaded IDF on scene to approach the terrorists and ask them to leave, knowing full well that the alternative means the destruction of their houses.

By the way, in the incident with the child on the Jeep (which was aired by Israeli TV), the soldiers involved were prosecuted and jailed.

The rest of the video is pure Pallywood and self-righteousness at its best.
How easy it is to omit the fact that Hamas used civilians homes as strongholds, or hospitals, or schools that were rigged with so much explosives, that could bring down an entire apartment block, or mosques (secondary explosions clearly showed that).
How easy it is to lie and manipulate when Israel bashing is concerned.

Here is Pallywood. I think the acting lessons they took since then, really payed off.

And another example of Manipulating and faking

confederateyankee.mu.nu...

edit on 23-9-2010 by gravitational because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes, there is *absolutely* political theater on BOTH sides. That's what makes it so challenging to get to the heart of the matter. Everyone wants to spin the story to their own angle.

I have expanded my sources and removed others...

Sources I consider (for now) reliable:

YNet, PCHR, IMEMC, Ha'Aretz

Sources I have no long trust on their own merits:

FOX, CNN, MSNBC, AP, Rueters

I will not trust anything from the above list without other sources to add to the story.

The basic facts here is that the whole region is filled with people behaving badly. Underhanded tactics like claiming copyright violation to get an opposing view removed from from YouTube don't help *anyone*.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

My friend, how can I counter a video that has no facts in it?

"We're in a deep hole because we're so heavily biased in favor of Israel, and the whole world knows, they're astounded" for example- Is this an opinion? Is this a fact? Is this backed up by anything?
You see, this is no more than a scare tactic- America's in a deep hole, he says, so now the deficit, or whatever financial problems the US has is our fault, I don't know, what other problems do you have in America? But he's saying it's all our fault, how is that?
And then he says "And the whole world knows this" as if you're all blind, and everyone else sees, this is called a Weasel Statement, I think, and it's like saying "Everyone knows Jews drink baby blood on passover" so that your statement sounds valid, even though there's no backing to it.
"the dreadful punishment that we have enabled Israel to inflict on virtually defenseless people"- Again, we have opinions and scare tactics-
1) He calls it a dreadful punishment, just to make it sound cruel, instead of calling it by its name- a conflict, he can even call it a dreadful conflict, but the fact is that this conflict has nothing to do with punishment.
2) In the background you see an event that depicts extreme brutality of Israeli soldiers that happened 23 years ago over and over again, along with the "dreadful punishment" line.. This is done to increase the shock factor, and cruelty factor, and to make you think of Israeli soldiers less as humans, and more as monsters. Fact is that Israeli soldiers don't act this way, and this is a single event that happened a long long time ago and does not characterize this conflict.
3) He says "we have enabled Israel" as if America has been fueling this conflict, when in fact I don't remember any country in the world helping Israel achieve peace more than America.. Actually I think America's the only one who's been helping us so far..
So why does he say that? This is a "call to action" if you will, it's meant to single you out as an American and make you feel you've been in the wrong this whole time and that you must wake up, makes you feel like you should go to further extremes that you already do, and makes you feel guilty, as if it is your fault. You're taking the blame and now you must fix what you have messed up.
4) "Virtually defenseless people"... Right... They fight this war with bows and swords, right?

So again, he takes his opinions, which are pretty extreme, and presents them as facts, he uses extreme and shocking images, and distorts the truth to make everything fit his agenda. These are pretty much the same methods North Korea uses to brainwash its people, or how FOX is making people think liberals are going to make the world explode.

Now comes this conversation between this man and the IDF's general attorney- Again, very shady, very obscure, no background information, no recordings or transcripts, just his word, which we're supposed to take as fact, and we have no idea what's the context, where were they talking, in what forum, and basically we have no idea how the actual conversation sounded like, he could easily have taken anything said out of context and present it as fact.

"I spoke to.... and I asked him why? And he said 'military necessity', notice he didn't disagree with me!"- Again, no idea where this conversation is being made, and what were the circumstances. Was he supposed to argue with this man about the way he chose to describe the conflict? Was he supposed to reprimand this man? Was he supposed to get angry? Lose his temper? The answer doesn't sound very comprehensive or very meaningful, sounds like he was trying to get rid of this guy...
But he takes our lack of knowledge, and uses it to make it sound as if he agreed with him. The truth is we have no idea if he did or did not, and this lack of response is probably indicative of nothing.
"so I said these claims were rejected in the Nirenberg trials... He said 'well we have public relations people to handle that'"- Handle what? Handle the courts? Handle the Nirenberg trials? does this sound like a coherent conversation to you? Or did he just extrapolate? Is he taking words out of context?
Again, we have no idea as there's no transcript, no facts, no nothing, and again he's using psychology to make you feel like you're blind to the fact, as if Israel's public relations are somehow making you miss this fact, this is, again, a psychological, subliminal even, call to action, and also, again, make Israel seem less human, and more like a monster, comparing it to nazis with good public relations, which is far from true, the nazis killed 6 million Jews in, what? 5 years? We've killed about 5000 in the last 13... No matter how you look at it, it's not true.

What's worse about it is he's presenting it as some kind of lovely conversation over a cup of tea to make it seem more credible, when in fact it could have just been the two of them running into each other in the corridor and having a 5 minute conversation..

And again, more weasel statement, and a testimony of a man who was tortured, what, 30- 40 years ago? Who is this man really? Who tortured him? Was if the IDF? The police? The Israeli Security Agency (Shin Bet? How do you call it)? Was he arrested while in a protest? At his home? How? Why? Where does he live? We don't know.
Now it is well known that in the past the Israeli Security Agency was very brutal in its methods of obtaining information, this moderate physical pressure has since become well known in Israel, and was not well received, and it has become a thing of the past for the most part. Again we are talking about things that happened a long long time ago that are presented as if they're happening now, the guy is talking about the time he was 15, and we have no background information, and no context.

And again, more weasel statements, more baseless "facts" (seriously, one guy says America has a white house totally dominated by Israelis, when in actuality there is not a single Israeli on the white house staff.. How is this possible), and basically all you have there are opinions presented as facts, and then they start again with the shock factor- "they're undermining America's security.... Bad things are going to happen to America" Notice how well this is edited, we actually have no idea what they were referring to or talking about, and we have absolutely no context. Again, this is another call to action.

Basically, as I said (and I didn't think I needed to analyze this for you), it's opinions presented as facts, sprinkled with a dash of shocking images, and disturbing statements.
No facts, no proof, nothing.

I hope this clears things up for you. Stop buying into this, stop turning political activism into a fashion statement, stop believing everything they tell you to, stop believing rumors, always try and view both sides of the coin.
To sum it all up in five words- For god's sake, Deny Ignorance.

With respect,
Eliad.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Eliad because: Typos at 7 AM in the morning..

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

While it is commonly reported that Israel officially receives some $3 billion every year in the form of economic aid from the U.S. government, this figure is just the tip of the iceberg. There are many billions of dollars more in hidden costs and economic losses lurking beneath the surface. A recently published economic analysis has concluded that U.S. support for the state of Israel has cost American taxpayers nearly $3 trillion ($3 million millions) in 2002 dollars.

www.rense.com...

I argue that US and Israel are part of the same empire, no matter what wrong Israel does, the US will protect it, it was charged with war crimes, it was proven that both Israel, and Hamas committed acts of war crimes. If Hamas is terrorist, then Israel is terrorist, a much more powerful terrorist with drones, missiles, and nukes.

The above being said, here are a list of VETOS by US in favor of Israel:
U.S. Vetoes of UN Resolutions Critical of Israel

Israeli war crimes:

What cause the Israeli civil war, between the Zionist government and radical settlers, and the militarization of Palestinian resistance:

stirred an outburst of anger amongst Palestinians, exasperated by the stagnation of the peace process, as well as by the continuing occupation and settlement expansion.

www.medea.be...

The violent repression of Palestinian demonstrations demanding the immediate ending of the occupation killed more than 200 Palestinians in one month, of which one third was under 17 years old. To respond to this brutality, the Intifada became militarised as from the beginning of November 2000.

www.medea.be...

Palestinians peacefully protested for a long time, I feel for them.

Among the many reasons for the start of the second Palestinian intifada in September 2000, the massive expansion of Jewish settlements in the West Bank and Gaza must count as the most important.

www.permanentrevolution.net...

The 1993 Oslo Accords signed by the PLO and Israel were meant to reconcile Palestinian aspirations for self-determination and statehood and the existence of Israel. In fact, an aggressive policy of settlement expansion and consolidation took place over the following seven years. More Arab land was taken over and more Palestinian homes were bulldozed, more exclusively Jewish roa

In between the time of the Oslo Accord and the 2nd intifada:

When Yasser Arafat and Yitzak Rabin shook hands on the White House lawn in September 1993 there were about 115,000 Jewish settlers in West Bank and Gaza. By the time of the second intifada seven years later there were more than 200,000 of them. Reports suggest another 1,500 families (17,000 people) have been added to this total during 2001, more than the 400 settler families that have moved back to Israel under the impact of the intifada.

And Seriously, GAZA:

Gaza, one of the most densely populated tracts of land in the world, is home to 1,178,000 Palestinians, 33 per cent of whom live in United Nations-funded refugee camps.
Gaza is also home to 6,900 Jewish settlers. Yet the Israeli-controlled areas and settlements take up about 40 per cent of Gaza's land. Israel controls all external borders, crossing points and major roads in Gaza.

Why won't Israel stop the expansion? I think I have asked you this question before, and I think I have had similar discussion with you before, but if I haven't don't mind me asking

In regards to the US support for Israel. That is pretty obvious, the US supported Zionists even before the creation of Israel, the main offices of Zionism was in the US, and from my point of view, Zionists were terrorists used to spark the European civil war, to make it easier for the US to conquer, and it did. That is exactly why the land of Palestine (under British mandate) was given to Zionists rather than Arabs, as was promised by the British (during WWI), because Britain collapsed, and was absorbed by the US empire. Zionists gained the land of Palestine because they helped the US, and the US will continue helping them, as long as they keep the Middle East in check. Very weird relationship.

The Zionists are saying that Iran is a trouble, that is because with Iran in the equation, at least a free Iran with no puppets, Israel can't continue its work of intimidating the Middle East nations. Iran has already pledged to support the Lebanese army

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
that video doesnt tell the whole story.
israel has tried to make peace, but the arabs wont budge,
remember, arab muslims have stated many times they wont negotiate with israel for peace and they wont stop their attacks till israel is destroyed.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

If the Israeli Goverment abided by international law, then many of the world's problems would go away..

Prove me wrong!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
if the us hadnt stuck its nose in ww2 the germans and the russians would have taken care of the problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hey guess what???? America knows exactly what Israel is doing.... I think it's funny that most of you are like "ohhh no Israel has to stop!!!!" What, you want the American military to go? We all saw how fast you turned against us in OIF/OEF..... Israel/Palestine have been at war over their homeland since the Jews took it over. So what, who cares! The Jews and Palestinians have been at each others throats since before America was made. This is something that is never going to stop and will never stop until the Palestinians realize that they lost and cannot win. Maybe they should stop using terrorist tactics and maybe, just maybe Israel will leave them alone. The longer this goes on the less terrorists there are in the world

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

if the us hadnt stuck its nose in ww2 the germans and the russians would have taken care of the problem.

You really believe that??

I'd heard the rich, in the know Jews, were already long gone and safe...

Don't take it out on every Jew....

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I know you are in the military but I thought most military believed in the power of the UN...

Do you not support the UN ??

And by what you say, every country should fight their own battles,

so can you please explain to me why there are MANY times more US military personel outside the US than are stationed on US soil ?

edit on 24-9-2010 by CynicalM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Yes, America's been supporting Israel since forever, but that's politics, Russia's been helping the Arab countries as part of the cold war, how does this mean that Israel has manipulated America? America also gave weapons to the Afghans, which got into the hands of terrorists, does this mean America destroyed America?
Also you want to tell me that the support of Israel is destroying America because of 911? A bunch of psychopaths decided they want to murder 3000 Americans for their government's opinions, or actions, and you're guilty for it? We're guilty for it? Or are you saying that their actions are legitimate?
I can understand why certain people would hate you for helping us, but that's not what's destroying America, is this why your economy collapsed? Why there aren't any jobs? Why there's an oil spill?
Your support of Israel has nothing to do with any of these things.
Don't you get it? It serves your interests, it is not destroying you, it is benefiting you. Israel is such a big point of interest because it's the only country in the middle east that the US can count on.
In any way it is far from destroying your nation, don't you think? It's creating political turmoil, yes, but what does that have to do with America's problems?

The only thing I can think of are the wars George Bush started, one was based on a lie, one was revenge for 911, both were started for political reasons- resources, regional stability, a foothold in the region, etc, the same reasons the Vietnam war started, and Korean war started, etc...
The US did not do this as a favor for Israel, it had its own reasons.
But don't get me wrong, these wars were also in Israel's best interests, and I'm sure there was political pressure on our side, but America made its decision based on what it had to gain from going to war.

Honestly though, all that aside, there's no way the reason you're still at war with Afghanistan is that Israel is telling Obama "we need you to stay in Afghanistan", or that the reason you started the war in Iraq is Israel said to Bush "Invade Iraq please"... Very hard to believe.

I agree that the US and Israel are part of the same empire, and I agree that the US is protecting Israel's interests in the UN, sometimes for good reasons, I mean for god's sake, one veto is put on condemning Israel for the killing of Ahmed Yasin, a well known terrorist, so what can I say? If you think that there's ever been a UN decision that said- "Israel and Palestine must stop fighting" that the US vetoed, then, yes, this is all your fault, otherwise I don't think you're to be blamed for this conflict, and I don't think vetos in the UN are effecting anyone's opinions on Israel..

The difference between Hamas and Israel is that Hamas targets civilians, and Israel targets only Hamas (or at least does its best to try and do that).
The day Hamas starts wearing uniform, like the Israeli soldiers do, and stops fighting out of heavily populated neighborhoods, and instead go out and fight in unpopulated areas, is the day that innocent civilians would stop dying.
That's why they're terrorists, and we're not.

As for the rest of the stuff- You're going completely off topic, don't you think?

The second intifada- What is your point? What are you trying to say? The peace talks failed and the Palestinians started rioting..

On the Israeli side, suicide bombings have forced the population to live in constant fear with strict security measures. The economy has also suffered, especially in 2002, when the Gross National Product loss was estimated at 3.5%.

Palestinians peacefully protested for a long time- What are you talking about? When? How? Where? Enough with this touchy feely bull#, I don't buy it, and let's say they did (because I know you won't bother finding any proof, you're just going to blindly believe it), this conflict has been going on since 1987. So that's 20 years of no violence, during which please tell me what kind of violence was used against these defenseless people? And 23 years of nonstop violence, this doesn't really make them saints.. At the very least we're equally guilty for the violence.

Settlements are part of the reason the second intifada started- Well, DUH...

Oslo was followed by expansion of settlements- What can I say? A mistake. I want the settlements gone, as do many other Israelis, there is not future for the settlements, even the Israeli government knows that.
You do realize that the peace talks right now are talking about something like 1-2% of the west bank remaining in Israeli hands, and the rest is evacuated? That leaves almost nothing, so, yeah, they know they're approving expansions that they're going to destroy one day (Probably one day soon).

There was a growth in settlers after the Oslo accords- Uh huh, and? I agree, it's illegal, what's your point? And it's been expending at the same pace since the Oslo accords and until this day, it hasn't accelerated.

The Gaza strip is not the best place in the world- Correct.

Gaza has settlers in it- NO IT DOESN'T!

Again, this was way out of topic, and I'm only replying so it doesn't look like I'm blowing you off..

By the way, you arguments are thin, and you logic is weak. There is evil on both sides, can't blame it on one side, especially not these days, when we're out of Gaza, and are in (almost) peace with the west bank.. The settlements have no future, the Israeli government knows this..

Which leads me to your question- Why does Netanyahu wants to remove the freeze on expansion?
I have absolutely no frikkin' idea. What's the rush? Why not wait a few more months? WHY NOT MAKE PEACE? The settlements will wait, damnit...

My guess? He's a politician, wants to be elected and reelected, and settlers are all right wing, he needs their votes..
I don't think he's that stupid.. He knows what everyone in this government knows- The settlements will be gone in the next few years, and the more we wait the less territory we get.. So yeah, he wants peace, he just wants to be prime minister when it happens....

That is pretty obvious, the US supported Zionists even before the creation of Israel, the main offices of Zionism was in the US, and from my point of view, Zionists were terrorists used to spark the European civil war, to make it easier for the US to conquer, and it did.

The U.S supported Zionism? How exactly? Please elaborate. Because from what I know they didn't start supporting Zionism until a certain president, which I can't remember his name, got elected.. And as for the old Zionists, they were aided mainly by Britain.
So please, tell me more.

Zionists were terrorists used to spark the European civil war, to make it easier for the US to conquer? Huh???
What civil war? Conquer what? What the hell are you talking about?

And again you go off topic- Israel doesn't like Iran because it calls for the destruction of Israel.
What about Saudi Arabia? Pakistan? Libya? There are so many other counties in this region that are SO much stronger the Iran, non of them have trouble with Israel, most are Muslim.
And Iran is not free, and is not without puppets, the majority is ruled by a minority, it is ruled by religion, and the people are trying to take the government down, with not much success.
Israel is not fighting the Lebanese army, Israel is fighting a terrorist organization called the Hezballa, so your point is moot.

Again I must point out that your arguments are thin and your logic is weak.
What's worse is you haven't addressed any of my claims from the previous post, that I made to counter your silly video.
Instead of replying to my claims you just kept on spewing IfAmericansKnew.org material at me, instead of referring to my claims that this video is misleading, uses scare tactics, and presents opinions as facts (Claims like "America is going to be destroyed because we support Israel"). Nothing in the video was backed up by anything, and the facts that you've presented have nothing to do with the "facts that were presented in the video.
And half of your reply is so far off topic that it's almost ended up in a different forum..
You know, a man once said to me-

If we agree with the claims, you job is to prove to us that is bogus, by taking the claims in to account first.

So once again, do a rebuttal in regards to the... claims. And please don't divert the thread....

You might want to take up on your own advice.

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
We are all over the world because we are the only country that will aid, protect, and fight for what we deem as right. We are easily the most dominate and technically advanced military. Ever since WWII we have really been all over the globe. Ready to deploy and be in a location on short notice. That is the primary reason we are all over the globe. If we were only stateside, and lets say the Germans and Italians began to conquer Europe it would take us a longer time to provide the Brits with some back up. Being stationed all over the world lets us get in the middle of the conflicts fast and hopefully resolve conflicts sooner. It also allows us to get where we need to go a lot sooner.

Take the whole Russia/Georgia conflict that was ever so brief. I was boots on ground 1 day after the news broke. If I was stateside it would have taken a lot more time and tax payers dollars to get to that side of the world.

Take the flooding in Pakistan, we were there to supply aid and medical supplies almost immediatley.

I love that we are all over the globe as it lets you see what the world is really like and you get to expierience so many new cultures and meet a lot of interesting people.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

You are so contrary...

One post its "leave Israel and Palestine" to destroy eachother..
Next its boots on the ground at another conflict that the US is not involved with..

And you still haven't answered my last post...

Do you, as a soldier, support the UN ??

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

My god, you're a parody of asininity...

Global warming, crime, pollution, poverty, famine, blood diamonds, slavery, diseases, under developed countries, dwindling natural resources, and many more.
All of these have nothing to do with Israel or the international law.
And that pretty much proves you wrong.

Also, what the hell does being a soldier have to do with supporting the UN? He's a US soldier, not a NATO soldier..

Well, ironically at that time the Jews living in Arab countries were pretty much safe from the Nazis...

But you're probably right, America should have just let Japan kick its ass, and let the Nazis take over Europe.

edit on 24-9-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

My god, you're a parody of asininity...

Global warming, crime, pollution, poverty, famine, blood diamonds, slavery, diseases, under developed countries, dwindling natural resources, and many more.
All of these have nothing to do with Israel or the international law.
And that pretty much proves you wrong.

Also, what the hell does being a soldier have to do with supporting the UN? He's a US soldier, not a NATO soldier..

I think the main gist of the post was in relation to war and the military..Not poverty and pollution etc, so please take my posts in correct context..

The US is a founding member of the UN with Veto power..
Therefore I'd assume it would instill a degree of loyalty to UN decisions into it's soldiers..

Any more insults I need to clear up?

edit on 24-9-2010 by CynicalM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

You really believe that??

I'd heard the rich, in the know Jews, were already long gone and safe...

Don't take it out on every Jew....

well i did here that the us jews financed hitler to redirect power from the old world jews, because they needed to get their foot in the door, to break the european monopoly they couldnt overcome. is what i hear anyway...figures

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

World War II
World War I
Mongol Conquests
An Shi Rebellion
Taiping Rebellion
Qing dynasty conquest of the Ming Dynasty
Conquests of Timur
Dungan revolt
Thirty Years' War
Russian Civil War
Yellow Turban Rebellion
Napoleonic Wars
Second Congo War
Vietnam War
French Wars of Religion
Deluge
Korean War
Crusades
Shaka's conquests
Second Sudanese Civil War

All of these were much bigger, much bloodier, affected the lives of far more people, all with a death toll of over 2 million, some with a death toll of over 30 million, none have anything to do with Israel.

So what you're saying is a UN soldier should be loyal to the US, because it is the founder of the UN.
A US soldier declaring loyal to the UN is like a cop declaring loyalty to the neighborhood watch..

edit on 24-9-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
UN resolutions ? UN human rights council? Pffffff

Here is where the funny part is. Who are or were the members of the above council?
Human Rights council:

15 from African States:
Burkina Faso, Congo (Brazzaville), Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Kenya, Mauritania, Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Zimbabwe
12 from Asian States:
Bhutan, People's Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka
5 from Eastern European States:
Armenia, Hungary, Romania, Russian Federation, Ukraine
11 from Latin American and Caribbean States:
Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru
10 from Western European & Other States

What can I say, an excellent exemplary of human rights loving nations.
Check out past years members, it gets even worse.

The Commission was repeatedly criticized for the composition of its membership. In particular, several of its member countries themselves had dubious human rights records, including states whose representatives have been elected to chair the commission.[6] Another criticism was that the Commission did not engage in constructive discussion of human rights issues, but was a forum for politically selective finger-pointing and criticism. The desire of states with problematic human rights records to be elected to the Commission was viewed largely as a way to defend themselves from such attacks. Activist groups had long expressed concern over the memberships of the People's Republic of China, Zimbabwe, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan, and the past memberships of Algeria, Syria, Libya, and Vietnam on the Commission. These countries had extensive records of human rights violations, and one concern was that by working against resolutions on the commission condemning human rights violations, they indirectly promoted despotism and domestic repression...

Israel The Commission was also criticized for bias against Israel. In 2002 Anne Bayefsky, a professor of international law at York University in Toronto, wrote that "commission members seek to avoid directly criticizing states with human rights problems, frequently by focusing on Israel, a state that, according to analysis of summary records, has for over 30 years occupied 15 percent of commission time and has been the subject of a third of country-specific resolutions...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

I'm talkink about the present...

I'm not sure you understand but, we can't change the past......

Please stick with current events and rephrase your post or it is pointless..

We are not discussing history...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join