It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Superiority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I found this as a surprise to be given to the press. However, I am not surprised. Let me know your take on this.
news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040623/ap_on_re_us/us_air_force

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
there is already a thread about the joint US india exercise, its called something like "US gets first exposure to Su-30". Any ways this should show the need for the original 600+ Raptors we were supposed to get instead of the 250-300 we probably will get. Also keep in mind that the Indian pilots were there best pilots, flying their best planes all while outnumbering the US (if I recall corectly).

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I agree with you this will help the air force get the raptor also I think the airfare might have done this on purpose to get the raptor and if not well the eagle is 30 years old so you cant blame her.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i think arrogance and the fact that it wasnt our best pilots or aircraft is what resulted in what they saw, but still our airforce has been more relaxed in training since the mid 90's and that does need to change if we ever expect to survive an actual air war.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I thought I would never see the day that the U.S. Air Force is in danger of losing it's superiority to other nations. I was under the impression the U.S. Air Force was light years ahead of all other air forces.

This is a huge wake-up call for the U.S. We can't expect to destroy poorly defended targets without any sort of resistance like in Iraq to show that our air power is full capable of handling all challenges.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this was brought up. It just caught my eye and posted. I think we have become arrogant in thinking "no one can beat us" while the world has caught up. The plane matters, no doubt but the majority of wins in a dogfight can be atrributed to the pilot. I remember a time when even the Israelis were seen on par with the US. Dont know if that is the case now. The general in the story didnt get into too much detail and seemed quite unnerved by his comments.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
well this is all going to change when we get the raptor and the jsf

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The fighter that supposedly has air superiority is the F-15E Strike Eagle.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well if you ask me, i think the US pilots are over confident and think noone can take them, but, the first ten mission experiance that the "Red Flag" course provides atributes to this if this doesnt make sence, tell me

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
you have to have the winner attitude when your pilot you cant go into battle so scared that you see a bird flying and get nervous you have to have the winner mentality.

West Point
Out

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I thought I would never see the day that the U.S. Air Force is in danger of losing it's superiority to other nations.

first my friend we are not in danger of losing air superiority. nor have we yet. With the f-22 multi role aircraft soon to be our nations pride and joy, and the F-35 joint stike fighter we are still ahead by a long shot. Eagles are awsome aircraft however they are old. they served excellently but it was only a matter of time before they where bested. and im sure the govt. has some super secret plane in the works that will out do every one else.

Just My Opinion.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
there is already a thread about the joint US india exercise, its called something like "US gets first exposure to Su-30". Any ways this should show the need for the original 600+ Raptors we were supposed to get instead of the 250-300 we probably will get. Also keep in mind that the Indian pilots were there best pilots, flying their best planes all while outnumbering the US (if I recall corectly).

According to Aviation Week, it was 2 on 2. The F-15 pilots were down on flight hours compared to the Indian pilots. However, the F-15 were supposed to have the new radar system that will allow it to detect stealth cruise missiles etc. Also, In all likelhood, in real combat, the US pilots would have the benifit of a AWACS plane.

That being said it could be a PR campaign by the pentagon to a) Get more Raptors, or b) hold the line on further cuts.

new topics

top topics

join