It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Police Seize $30 Million From Vatican In Probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Italian Police Seize $30 Million From Vatican In Probe

www.suntimes.com

Italian authorities seized €23 million ($30.18 million) from a Vatican bank account Tuesday and said they have begun investigating top officials of the Vatican bank in connection with a money laundering probe.

The Vatican said it was "perplexed and surprised" by the investigation.

Italian financial police seized the money as a precaution and prosecutors placed the Vatican bank's director general and its chairman under investigation for alleged mistakes linked to violations...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Does this 30million dollar figure sound familiar?
Maybe this is just a coincidence?

In any case, it here is a little backgound...

The IOR principally manages funds for the Vatican and religious institutions around the world, such as charity organisations and religious orders of priests and nuns.

It was involved in a worldwide scandal in 1982 when it was embroiled in the fraudulent bankruptcy of Banco Ambrosiano, then Italy's largest private bank.

The IOR held a small stake in Ambrosiano, whose president Roberto Calvi was found hanged under London's Blackfriars Bridge the same year.

Several investigations failed to determine whether Calvi, known as God's Banker, had been killed or committed suicide.

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-9-2010 by burntheships because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Percaution my foot, the Vatican has 30 Million, sure a drop in the bucket of what they really have while their worshippers all over the world starve to death.

Good find S&F

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yes, I think this most likely happens often. More than we know...
Although they dont get handled too often.

I can not help but wonder about this, if there is a connection to that most interesting story back in 2009...
How the Bearer Bonds Saga Could Bring Down the US
www.contrarianprofits.com...

For those of you who don’t know, a report surfaced on Monday, June 8, on an obscure Vatican-sponsored news website, AsiaNews.it, that Italy’s financial police (Guardia Italiana di Finanza) had “seized US bonds worth US 134.5 billion from two Japanese nationals at Chiasso (40 km from Milan) on the border between Italy and Switzerland.”

dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com...

edit on 21-9-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
so the vatican is trying to play games behind the scenes? Not that I'm surprised given it's history...sounds pretty asinine if you ask me

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
sure a drop in the bucket of what they really have while their worshippers all over the world starve to death.

I am sure they make more money from the sale of technology. It always amuses me how no one on ATS seems concerned that the Jesuits, the 'military arm' of the church, controls the distribution of new technology...

I guess we prefer to argue about aliens or attack ufologist instead...

National Technology Transfer Center (NTTC)

The National Technology Transfer Center (NTTC) has entered its 20th year of providing technology transfer services for federal facilities of our nation. Our work has provided clients with technical and market research expertise dedicated to meeting the complex needs of technology transfer organizations, while providing close support focusing on customer service. NTTC is inspired by the technologies developed at our federal R&D institutions, and is proud of our work commercializing and disseminating federal innovation for the betterment of our nation's economy.

©2009 National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling Jesuit University

www.nttc.edu...

Wheeling Jesuit University also receives annual grants from NASA. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but a public funded agency that claims to be having budget issues, funding programs of a church..

well smells a little fishy to me

Okay back to your topic... nothing to see here

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, thank you for your very informative post.

Very fishy...

War, Genocide, Jesuits, The Military Order Of Malta, Opus Dei, it seems the nasty list goes on and on. Yes, this group is obscenely wealthy...

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence - on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day.

It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined.

Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

- John F. Kennedy

edit on 22-9-2010 by burntheships because: To thank Zorgon for his informative post!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I am sure they make more money from the sale of technology. It always amuses me how no one on ATS seems concerned that the Jesuits, the 'military arm' of the church, controls the distribution of new technology...

I guess we prefer to argue about aliens or attack ufologist instead...

You have that right zorgon, what is real and in our face is igonored by masses, the evidence is in plain sight, guess that is the problem.

Thanks for replying.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

- John F. Kennedy

Seems they chose... "silenced" in his case

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

In a brutally silencing way they did at that.
While we may never really know for sure, that statement he made is chilling.
It can not be overlooked.

new topics

top topics

join