It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Mexicans" Were Here "Long Before America Was Even An Idea"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You are such a tough guy, making fun of my disability via PM. Why can't you do it out in the open?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

My argument is that demanding that "Mexicans" be called something else because their government was called "New Spain", not Mexico at the time...is analgous to saying that "Native Americans" is not an accurate term for those that were here prior to Europeans designating the continent "America".

It seem a desperate reach.

edit on 22-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

Well said...Again, the Mexica were part of a vast cultural group that extended from Utah to the middle of Mexico. In reality, when viewed from the Amerindian perspective, the words of Gloria Anzaldua become poignant:

1,950 mile-long open wound, dividing a pueblo, a culture,
running down the length of my body, staking fence rods in my flesh,
splits me splits me, me raja me raja
This is my home, this thin edge of barbwire"
--Gloria Anzaldua, Borderlands/La Frontera

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
So Obama is pandering to the Latino vote, but then someone stated here that those people who are illegal shouldn't be pandered to as they shouldn't be there. Well draft of reality for you. It was my impression that Illegal people, and people on a visa, CANNOT VOTE. Only American Citizens can vote, and as you are soo proud of saying it does not matter where you are from and AMERICAN is an AMERICAN. so who is he really pandering to.... Americans.

Star for you.

I was going to bring up this exact point yesterday. Alas, I feel that it is futile to reason with brick walls.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If half of this country was still part of Mexico, I seriously doubt we would even be posting here today, or anywhere else for that matter.

I mean, think about it, Silicon Valley would probably be producing tortilla chips instead or microchips.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

And yet it is Sooo ironic that you're avatar is based on a commercial for a Mexican produced beer!

This is the attitude I am talking about!! who is to say what would have been. based on you self loathing of your heritage, with a name like that, it can only be pertinent to you ethic background. I might be wrong though. But the self righteousness is evident enough.

Once more that you know nothing of mexico, other that what the MSM care to show you, or what you read in your comic books!

edit on 22/9/2010 by JakiusFogg because: adding more cool stuff!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Obama is just trying to push the Dream Act through so he can get foreign troops to take us out when they declare Martial Law.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
So Obama is pandering to the Latino vote, but then someone stated here that those people who are illegal shouldn't be pandered to as they shouldn't be there. Well draft of reality for you. It was my impression that Illegal people, and people on a visa, CANNOT VOTE. Only American Citizens can vote, and as you are soo proud of saying it does not matter where you are from and AMERICAN is an AMERICAN. so who is he really pandering to.... Americans.

Star for you.

I was going to bring up this exact point yesterday. Alas, I feel that it is futile to reason with brick walls.

Reasoning with brick walls?

Please don't tell us that you are unaware of illegals voting in U.S. elections.

Here you go from a very relevant website - Federation for American Immigration Reform:

source

However, there are many documented reports of non-citizen voting,[1] [2] and there is no evidence of prosecution of the aliens for their action. With nearly 19 million foreign-born residents who are not U.S. citizens in the country in the 2000 Census and an estimated 9-11 million illegal residents (many of them not also counted in the Census), the potential is enormous for non-citizens to affect the outcome of elections.

How's that wall doing?

edit on 9/22/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Is there a reason I SHOULD be aware of American election fraud?
The point is, as I am sure can be vindicated, that non US citizens are Not allowed to vote. Whether they are punished or not should they try to, or in fact that this is recognized by the US government and taken advantage of only make them complicit in this fraud.

If this is the stance you want to take, then I suggest that the stance you should be taking should be that in a shield wall walking down Pennsylvania Avenue mate!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
How's that wall doing?

You are implying that because some Hispanics are illegal aliens, that Obama is "pandering" only to illegal aliens. Never mind the other 30+ million Hispanics that are legal US citizens.

edit on 22-9-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Obviously you have no desire to let the facts get in the way of your mythology.

Texas California, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada etc Where previously land held and owned by Mexico.

Owned by Mexico for a very brief period, but not occupied or controlled by Mexico. Claimed by Mexico is a more accurate description. At that point in time these areas were not considered the land of opportunity as Obama claims. Obama is wrong on this point.

Most Mexicans consider themselves descendant of the Aztec Empire and Not Spain.

Wrong, at least not any of the Mexicans I have known. They have nothing but contempt for Aztecs, and look down upon them as inferior people. They will push the Native American angle when it serves them, but consider themselves to be Spanish first.

3. The situation with Mexico immigration is more complicated than you want to reveal.

As far as the rest of your post, it is nothing but trash talk slamming U.S. citizens. Yo prove yourself to be quite a bigot in this diatribe.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It's all about Divide and Conquer. That is clearly the method employed by the Obama Administration.

Everything he does, everything he has his people do and say has been divisive. People need to wake up to the methods they are employing here. He clearly wants to rebuild us in his own image.

It's all a part of the Progressives agenda to force their ideology on us, no matter what. If we don't agree with them, we are Racist, Homophobes and Idiots so our wants and ideas are clearly inferior to the those of the Elitist, Narcissists that have taken over.

They clearly believe creating a Race War where none existed is a way to force their form of government on us.

Not to worry though. Obama and his minions will do our thinking for us, run our businesses for us and tell us how to properly live our lives; all from within their stately mansions on Martha's Vineyard where they hide to avoid us soiling them with our presence.

If only the Mexicans knew that the closest they will ever get to Obama is mowing his lawn, cleaning his house or washing his soiled undies. No Harvard Degree and no membership card to the Alinsky Club means we don't matter.

Of course this is about Amnesty for Illegals! He is vote buying.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'd like to make a couple points then let the rhetoric continue;

1) The only reason the Mexican's give a rat's *ss about our territory is because of what we have made it. Were it not for Americans, if Mexicans "owned" America, it would be a s*it hole just like Mexico is now. When I hear the whining about how Arizona/New Mexico was their territory, my response is, maybe it was but you lost we won. Get over it. Personally, I say we nuke AZ and destroy the infrastructure, then give it to them, the same way we found in. In 5 years it will simply be an extension of Nogales and they will be border-busting into Colorado, Nevada, etc. So this isn't about "their territory". It's about wanting to take advantage of all the things America has to offer without actually having to be born here and contribute to what we have. Sorry, you made yourself a dump for a homeland, that's not my fault. Live with it.

2) The US used to belong to the British. But I don't see them swimming the ocean and climbing onshore in the NY Harbor demanding we give them their territory back. Are you serious? If the land was still barren (the way you left it) would you still be so interested in it? Would you still be infiltrating the Valley of the Sun if we had not created Phoenix? No, because it would just be another barren desert. You would continue moving north until you found a civilization that you could destroy, take advantage, ignore their laws and steal taxpayer money.

Save me the sob story. You have plenty of land south of the border to work it. It is not my fault that your people, your government, are corrupt. Remember, they're YOUR people.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think he is talking about the fact that they are mostly full or near full blood red skins, or native Americans. It is true that during the Indian wars 100’s of thousands did head for Mexico.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
While some may agree or disagree with this, personaly I am just reminded as to when Hilary Clinton wanted to give illegals driving licenses.

That was mainly for more votes that's all.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Oh dear mr Poet1b, you are soo wrong I don't know where to start.

OK lets break it down. So Mexicans have contempt for the Aztec heritage and consider themselves to be Spanish first.
Firstly should you be every brave enough to cross the border some point maybe you would care to sample a "Ballet Folclorico". You will find that this always starts with "native" Aztec representation, or what they refer to as the pre-colombian added to that, Please research the history and meaning of the crest on the Mexican flag. as a start! you may be suprised.

Although you make the point in which I agree with to a point is that there is a class system (as in other countries including the US) at work, where the darker skinned people tend to have lower standards of living, more manual menial jobs, out in the sun, which in turn makes them darker, where as the lighter skins ones, tend to have better paid jobs, indoors which helps then stay lighter. I am sure this is a throwback to as you mention the social hierarchy of the colonial era. but it is no different to the class structure of every other country in the world. But you are incorrect in your assumption that it is Spanish v Indigenous. As members of both classes will identify themselves as Mexican, Native to the land, and hold scorn and contempt for the Spanish against whom they fought for their freedom, and again resisted against, during the reign of the Iturbide dynasty during the 1st and 2nd Mexican Empires.

As for the lasnd now controlled by the US. It is true to say that at the time, enforcement by central mexico was difficult given the terrain, but was part of the nation non the less. Your statement is akin to the justification of robbing someones house, just becuase it was left unattended. Let alone the concessions made by the US in favour of Mexicans in the Treaty of Hidalgo.

As for you final comment. of course you have your right to believe what you will. But I too, and my right is based on fact and experience based on my own eyes, research, and known history, Seems you probably only got to point 2 before you got a little irked. Bigoted you say. if that is speaking the truth about the high and mighty attitudes as a reasonable explanation as to why the mexican, and in fact the remainder of Latin America are hostile towards the US. Then be it what it may. The truth is in the eye of the beholder. But it seems strange that this should not be the case for other white, Canadians or Europeans

Ask yourself why?

edit on 22/9/2010 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Poor guys telepromter told him the wrong info. Not his fault he's a puppet.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Interesting quote...S&F

You know if Obama:says "Mexicans" Were Here "Long Before America Was Even An Idea"

Could it not as well be said, "Whites" Were Here "Long Before Blacks in America Was Even An Idea"

Nuff said?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join