It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah's Green River Complex is called "The New Area 51"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
And we have treaties with the Russians to let them fly over Groom Lake with spy planes any time they feel the urge.

Care to point out these "treaties" on a official government website? Or is it just something you made up?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's called the Open Skies Treaty. Entered into force on January 1, 2002, it establishes a program of unarmed aerial surveillance flights over the entire territory of participating countries. The treaty is designed to enhance mutual understanding and confidence by giving all participants a direct role in gathering information about military forces and activities of concern to them and promote openness and transparency of military forces and activities.

www.dod.gov...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
Care to point out these "treaties" on a official government website? Or is it just something you made up?

Open Skies Treaty & Papoose Lake
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Treaty on Open Skies
en.wikipedia.org...

Area 51 Groom Lake Facilty
37° 14′ 24.73″ N, 115° 49′ 6.81″ W

edit on 7-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I agree there probably is stuff going on there but i dont believe its the new area 51.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Might the Mechanix Illustrated article really alludes to the new NSA Cyber Warfare Center being built on a military base near Salt Lake city, Utah. Or perhaps a base I really doubt an ordinary person got near, where a private company tests rocket boosters, which is barely on the map. The SLC bus company has a route to deliver workers to one edge of the base. Also there is the base which has houses the nerve gas which is supposed to be in the process of being destroyed. Frankly, a base which has bunkers full of old, leaky nerve gas containers is not a place I would be interested in going to under any circumstances.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've been to this "base" numerous times. It's on the way to Crystal Geyser. (Which is spectacular when it goes off.) There is nothing going on at the "base." I've driven through (the gate was wide open one day) and poked around the buildings. Yes, some of them go underground. But, there's still nothing there but a bunch of old wiring. Ignore the base, it's useless. Go check out Crystal Geyser. It's much more interesting. As far as the trenching machine goes... at that time I believe that they were busy placing fiber optics cable along the route of I-70.
edit on 18-11-2010 by gatorboy because: stupid typo

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Its interesting how an article with great factual information can be forgotten about, but certain articles of bad journalism, will take on a life of their own - Sort of like this one from the 90s about Area 51 moving to Utah. Ditto for the TR-3 Manta nonsense, which has since morphed into TR-3B nuclear powered spaceships.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I lived in Green River for over three years. While the old military base is known to be "creepy" by the young adventurous youth of the town (what else to they have to do???), I would say the only viable explanation is an underground base that is accessed from very far away. Unless of course, one of the local motels has a secret entrance "Get Smart" style.

In all seriousness, some of those adventurous youth were out (in MY minivan without my permission, none the less), exploring the desert south and east of the Crystal Geyser. They found what one of them described to me recently as what appeared to be an abandoned drill area. In all their youthfulness, they started climbing around on the structure. Keeping in my mind, these particular youth are fearless...all four of them simultaneously felt a very creepy feeling and a foreboding sense of extreme danger, and one said "we need to get out of here" and they all readily agreed and left as quickly as possible. Again, nothing has ever creeped out at least two of these boys ever before.

My take...it was my first confirmation that there may well indeed be an underground base accessed by far off tunnels and protected at least in one sense, by some sort of signal the brain interprets as danger.

And I have to say to those of you who post, nah why would it be here... it is the perfect god-forsaken terrain in a downtrodden, "heads down" small town (too busy just surviving to notice anything else) to HAVE an underground base. With tunnel access from a busier, well disguised area....WHY NOT!

I'd love to hear responses...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i would agree to some extent however if u have an active facility hidden under an old base. u still need somewhere to park vehicles. more then likely there will be some sort of security force roaming around

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
but if it is all underground, everything, then we would see nothing.

I really want to communicate with Blaine...Is there a way to private message someone on this site? I am so new to this.....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kareninthedesert

On the left hand side under their name you will see a blue "member" menu. go down to send message and type away!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Very interesting--- I'd love to take a trip there and see if I can poke around myself... If there is activity still going on underground, what do you think it is? Area 51 has proven to be a testing ground for new jets/planes (possibly more? Reversing Alien Technology, Weapons, Nuclear Arms, etc), so maybe this is a sister base, meant for testing different weapons or even new types of ammo for guns, ones that can produce better damage.

Again, just speculation.

By the way, my first post here! So glad I found this site!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You dont think 1 trillion a year can build a 15 mile deep bunker? You can watch youtube videos with bunkers being sold as real estate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join