It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah's Green River Complex is called "The New Area 51"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
UTAH'S GREEN RIVER COMPLEX CALLED "NEW AREA 51" ACTUAL PROSPECTS OF THIS BEING SO SEEM SLIM THIS REPORT WAS REPRODUCED FROM THE CLUI.ORG WEBSITE A remote Army facility in eastern Utah was called "the New Area 51" in Popular Mechanics Magazine's June cover story. According to the magazine, the Green River Complex, along with Michael Air Field at Dugway Proving Ground, may become an aviation test complex, replacing the overpublicised Groom Lake base known as "Dreamland" and "Area 51." Though based on limited evidence, the claim has increased interest in the Green River Complex, sufficient to warrant a characterization of the facility in these pages. Officially called the Utah Launch Complex, the 3,650 acre site in the bare hills north of Moab, was established in 1961 as a launch point for test missiles bound for the Army's 4,000 square-mile White Sands Missile Range, in New Mexico. The site has been in "caretaker status" since the last launch in 1974, and has fallen into disrepair. It seems to be an unlikely candidate for a new classified defense project site, as was discovered by field researcher Doug Denk, reporting to the Area 51 Research Center: It didn't take a whole lot of searching to find the place, which is located next to Interstate 70, about six miles east of the town of Green River, Utah. To get there, simply get off I-70 at exit 162, and head south (away from town). You will immediately come to a "T" intersection. Turn left and you're on the main drag of the Green River Launch Complex. THE BIG BUNKER AT THE GREEN RIVER COMPLEX - PHOTO BY DOUG DENK The facility itself, officially referred to on signs here as the Utah Launch Complex, sits in a shallow valley roughly four miles long east-west and one mile wide north-south. It consists of a total of ten significant buildings and structures scattered throughout the valley, with a few other old foundations and poles here and there. Overall, the complex is in a terrible state of disrepair. Signs are unreadable, windows are boarded up, and most buildings are visibly damaged in some way. The power lines to all the buildings I inspected had been smashed to bits. Starting on the west side of the complex, at the "T" intersection mentioned above, and heading east up the main drag, the complex is laid out like this: After about 0.5 miles, there are three large, grey metal buildings on the right. These are completely fenced off, and are labeled as the Magazine Area. These buildings sit only about 200 yards south of I-70, and are plainly visible from the freeway. At 2.2 miles is the intersection of Crystal Geyser Road with the Meteorological Building (as indicated by a sign out front) just to the south. The building is completely empty and in sad shape. Continuing on the dirt road to the south leads through some low hills and then south west to the geyser and the east bank of the Green River. North on Crystal Geyser Road heads past a communications tower, on a hill to the east, then under the interstate. At the end of the main drag, at mile 3.3, is the launch part of the complex, with five major structures. It is encircled by a chain-link and barbed-wire topped perimeter fence, and is hidden from immediate view from I-70 by some hills to the north. The gate into the main complex is usually wide open, and there are no legible "No Trespassing" signs anywhere in the area. At the center is a bunker-type, concrete and earth structure. Immediately behind the bunker is what appears to be one of the launch sites, now only a concrete slab with metal rails along its length. A couple hundred yards south of the bunker is the largest building in the complex, known to be the former device assembly building. Also in this main complex area is a large shed or garage, and a collapsed tower. I could find no signs of any recent activity, anywhere on the site, in fact, the place looks utterly abandoned. In the four or five hours I spent examining the site, I never saw another person. (reprinted with permission)

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
this looks nothing like area 51 its a deserted old base

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

I must mention that many mil complexes, particularly in the CONUS west are built under old military bases.....Although it is questionable that anything would be in that close a proximity to an Interstate highway, that would not be the first.......I have been in bases where the ground level access is an abandoned hangar that looks like no one has been in it for 50 years, although normal access is through an "Andromeda Strain" kind of access, an innocuous building with a secret protocol for access.....

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I live in the area, and the other day I drove by the complex, and there are three new "things"(I couldn't figure out a better name for them) but they have a brand new fence around them and have a small solar panel (about 6 inch by 12 inches) on them. I will try to get a picture of one of them. I have also heard from a very reliable source that there is a whole other complex under the ground, and is completly active. I don't know for a fact, but it is pretty interesting to think about. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

A remote Army facility in eastern Utah was called "the New Area 51" in Popular Mechanics Magazine's June cover story

How long ago did that faulty article come out? And it wont stop either apparently. The author had no idea where he was, or what he was talking about for that matter.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
this looks nothing like area 51 its a deserted old base

That's what you can see on the outside.

Deep underground, about 15 miles down, is where the real stuff happens.

-LS

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalSolution

15 miles down? LOL you got to be kidding. Maybe 1 or 2 max but generally speaking they do opt for secure, remote areas far from prying eyes. Abandoned bases make good entry points and are easy to debunk.

Maybe an elevator shaft leading down or perhaps its connected to the underground maglev system. Who knows but certainly an interesting case.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

15 miles down? LOL you got to be kidding. Maybe 1 or 2 max but generally speaking they do opt for secure, remote areas far from prying eyes. Abandoned bases make good entry points and are easy to debunk.

Maybe an elevator shaft leading down or perhaps its connected to the underground maglev system. Who knows but certainly an interesting case.

Oops, meant 15km down. We have been able to drill down and create mine shafts as much as 15km deep, so I don't think it's impossible for the military to keep their extremely secret stuff that far underground.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I live in green river and the photo you took is at the base but not all of it and no its not the new area 51 yes ther is under grond bunker but you will never see them and yes ther is a landing strep but you will never see it eather and if you mess arond you mite be shot if not by the army then by the towns peple so stay out and live our ufos and base alone we dont want you or any one else messing arond with us

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
you people have to be kidding, right? secret bases miles underground, aliens and ufos hiding by the highway. this is a joke you people need to get lives and realize that not everything is a government cover up, sometimes an abondoned base is just that and more often then not when the military says something its true or maybe people dont need to know about it, you know the whole national security thing. oh and one more thing just because it says "use of deadly force authorized" doesnt mean that you will be shot just for crossing a line or fence.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
wtf?
What an attitude to have from mr anonymous here.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
you people have to be kidding, right? secret bases miles underground, aliens and ufos hiding by the highway. this is a joke you people need to get lives and realize that not everything is a government cover up, sometimes an abondoned base is just that and more often then not when the military says something its true or maybe people dont need to know about it, you know the whole national security thing.

why don t you go out there yourself and then make that comment? I did and what i saw defiantly did NOT look like a 100% abandoned base. It looked like ALOT of new construction was going on at the base property, and most of it being underground work and laying miles of cables.

There is also supposedly a giant tunnel out there hidden behind some valleys that is accessible. I only had a short time to visit the base and wasnt able to find it but i've read several rumors of its existance and i'm sure the locals may know where its at...supposedly its huge.

oh and one more thing just because it says "use of deadly force authorized" doesnt mean that you will be shot just for crossing a line or fence.
I totally agree with you, they put that warning for the most extreme cases.

here is one picture i took, btw this obviously isnt abandoned

[edit on 1-2-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Interestingly enough. Google Earth already has it labeled. Also there are several known rocket launch pads right there in plain sight.

38* 54'07.24"N , 110*05'58.95"W

**click img for full size

To those who would put this past the US government i would warn them not to underestiamte them. This is exactly the type of thing they would do to keep things hidden. This isn't the 50's anymore, the US Black projects teams can't just test their newest toys out in the open. And we have treaties with the Russians to let them fly over Groom Lake with spy planes any time they feel the urge.

An answer to that may be several other locations underground. Theres been several 'rumors' floating around about Green rive, as well as Colorado Springs, and the Crystal Mts. of Colorado. I would say that all of them are probably likely.

No, in future response to any inquiries, i do not have hard evidence of any of these sights actually being active. But, that doesn't mean they aren't. If you google earth those locations you'll find a lot of places to hide a base... especially in the mountains.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Been there, nothing out there. I used to live in Utah for a number of years and went metal detecting and gold panning over a lot of the state. Nothing much really happens in Utah. You have the US Army base next to the Great Salt Lake but that really isnt very interesting unless they have a nerve gas leak from where they are de-activating old weapons.
They aren't moving the units from Groome Lake, hell, they just finishished building that new hanger there. Massive hanger too.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It reminds me of the Dulce story which came out before Bob Lazar's story. The security guard who leaked supposed information about the facility was named Thomas Costello. Bob Lazar's co-worker was named Barry Costello oh wait Bob's real friend Jim Taliani just so happens to become Dennis Mariani, his supervisor at S4 which is actually a real place at the TTR, but its a radar field. Oh, and how we found out the aliens came from Zeti Reticuli was extracted from Betty and Barney Hill's story I don't know, if I remember Bob saying. Everybody uses the Zeti Reticuli star system when speaking about aliens and where they come from. TIP use a different star system!
If there are secret activeties at a military facility such as Dulce and this place they won't just let you walk around, there will be security and if you get suspicious you can whine somewhere else, just not here on our secret facility.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Its has been holding Biological Weapons for awhile

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

My friends and I laughed when Wilson got lost and couldn't find the front gate to the base from the east,he came up from the south around mercury and drove up to a rusty locked chain and said: "It must be closed." My friend ordered several dozen of those Popular
mechanics issues for that month,and sold them from the center in Rachel,Nev.
Our impression was a decoy distraction for the Pe~na & Diaz tourists to lay- off Groom.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanLA123

If you check the astronomy star charts,you will find that particular system has a chance of having earth-like planets because it's a stable binary with two type G
stars that burn a little more helium and produce a slightly higher ultraviolet,
but otherwise isn't looked at from the northern hemisphere;it's in the southern.
The "Zetas" were most catalogued by Lt.Col.Wendle Stevens USAF Ret.( before
Bob Lazar and Gene Huff began their myth)in his Books:"Contact from Reticulum"
The artwork inside is worth it alone.Most of the drawings inside it are done by the witnesses in several seperate cases;Military and civilian provided descriptions/composite and are very similar in detail. These types people confuse with the "greys'which these are Not related allegedly.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalSolution

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Oops, meant 15km down. We have been able to drill down and create mine shafts as much as 15km deep, so I don't think it's impossible for the military to keep their extremely secret stuff that far underground.

The temperature is always increasing with depth, but it increases at a different rate depending on the layer of the Earth. So, in the upper part of the Earth’s crust, the temperature is increasing at about 25 degrees Celsius per kilometer (or 72 degrees Fahrenheit per mile).

www.madsci.org...

15 miles × 72 = ~ 1080° F

15 kilometers × 25 = 375° C => 707° F

So... How do they handle the cooling?

BTW... the Autoignition temperature for some stuff:

Diesel or Jet A-1: 210°C (410°F)
Paper: 218°-246°C (424-474°F)
Gasoline (Petrol): 246-280°C (475-536°F)

en.wikipedia.org...

reply to post by hiii_98

That's a trenching machine. Find any fresh cable/pipe runs?

[edit on 18-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

gl2

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So much of the world knows about Papoose Dry Lake and the other reported main exotic sites that I suspect anything right next to I-70 is just eye candy meant to divert attention. I've driven along that route, in the past, and Green River is a small, very closely knit town far from other towns. Anything that happens in the area will leak out. Papoose and Groom appear to be the main exotic craft centers. They have a long line of guarded mountains, and if that keeps craft hidden, there's no reason to move them. Except for actual fielding of craft in situations.

Absent direct evidence about Dulce, it's a matter of who you believe. Look at J. P. Skipper's photos and discussion of what can be seen near the small town of Dulce. To its north you see the power plant that has curious coal piles and ventilation ducts of a big sort. forteanswest.com...

<<   2 >>

join