It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Bank Tied to Money Laundering Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Vatican Bank Tied to Money Laundering Scandal

www.nytimes.com

ROME — Italian monetary authorities said Tuesday that they had impounded $30 million from the Vatican bank and placed its top two officers under investigation in connection with a money laundering inquiry. The announcement amounted to another potential storm confronting the papacy of Benedict XVI, who is struggling with the effects of a priestly abuse scandal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
this is a sad state of affairs if proven the popes bank is charged with money laundering but with this sort of thing many more things may come to light
makes me wounder if you cant even trust the popes personal banker who can you trust

In unprecedented move, judge freezes €23m held in account at financial institution with close church links

i wouder who the laundered money was supporting and if the banks top officials were implecated does that imply that this could be a scandle of biblical proportions

the Bank of Italy has classified the Vatican bank as a non-EU institution and i wouder if this is to distance themselfs from the operation or if it is simply easyer to conduct covert transactions without the scrutiny of the EU banking council

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

They aren't being charged, they are being investigated.

There is a differance although many here will not acknowledge it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

you are correct but i dont think this would have been done if there wasnt
something going on at the bank
it seams the vatacan is under attack from all sides atm
i agree these are just charges at this point but to investigate the vatican bank without proof would be career suacide
so you can bet there is some interesting stuff to come out of all this

xp

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I will wait to see the outcome before passing judgement.

Seeing as how you are willing to bet something will come of it shows me that you pretty much have already passed yours.

Remember, just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are doing anything illegal.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

i dont think you are aware of exactly what i think because i havent stated that i beleive yet so here goes

i think 90% of all banks do things they shouldnt
thing is who would take them on?
the fact that there were no transactional details on a transfer of that size makes me suspect something suspect is occouring

i am sorry if my veiw is offensive to your sensibilities as no offence was intended

my veiw
if it quacks like a duck
see if it acts like one lol

xploder

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
an excerpt
"In Tuesday's case, police seized the money from a Vatican bank account at the Rome branch of Credito Artigiano Spa, according to news agencies ANSA and Apcom. The bulk of the money, euro20 million ($26 million), was destined for JP Morgan in Frankfurt, with the remainder going to Banca del Fucino.

According to the reports, the Vatican bank had neglected to communicate to financial authorities where the money had come from. The reports stressed that Gotti Tedeschi wasn't being investigated for laundering money himself but for a series of alleged omissions in financial transactions."

26 Mil heading to JP Morgan....yes, I'm sure this was totally on the up and up.
Now I know where my 401K money is going.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's all tied together.
Starting with: Vatican, U.S. Government, United Nations, N.A.F.T.A., G.A.T., C.F.R., High levels of Freemasonry, Illuminati (if you believe in them), Queen of England, Parliament, international bankers, IMF World Bank, Rockefeller family, JP Morgan and Rothschilds just to name a few.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

XPLodER.....

If you are interested in this area of complex.....perhaps "shady".....vatican politics & intrigue, you might also find this thread of interest:

The Mysterious Death of Pope John Paul I: the Vatican Conspiracy

Unfortunately the graphics were removed by the member. However there is still some very interesting material, commentary & links therein.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Emobilaire?
I blame the Godfather.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

thanks maby

i had a thought about a story about the wanta trillions and the bonds found in japan worth billions
you canot move millions of dollars without a bank
wicovia recently paid a fine for moving millions around for drug cartels to buy planes

im not sayiny this is what the money was for but to not legitamize the transfer with reference numbers gets my conspiracy bone humming

thanks for the link bud

xploder

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by XPLodER

XPLodER.....

If you are interested in this area of complex.....perhaps "shady".....vatican politics & intrigue, you might also find this thread of interest:

The Mysterious Death of Pope John Paul I: the Vatican Conspiracy

Unfortunately the graphics were removed by the member. However there is still some very interesting material, commentary & links therein.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

OY, with the Vatican's history of Papel corruptions nothing about this

institution *coughs* surprises me one little bit!

new topics

top topics

join