It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Tree format

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Heya board

I was wondering what the difficulties and likelyhood of moving to a tree format for threads would be

This site is great, but the problem is, after say, the first 2 pages, people stop reading and quickly things become redundant, posting the same things over and over that was covered in later pages.

a tree interface would allow for a single response and any replies and relations to that post to be listed neatly. If your disinterested in a subject of a post (say a minor flamewar or war of semantics), you can simply click the minus and reduce what would otherwise be pages of disinteresting replies and bickering about something you find takes away the actual interesting thread topic.

Many places have moved or are moving to this format as the preferred display of information. I am sure this has been discussed here before also, just wondering if that would even be a consideration for future site changes, or some sort of hybrid long list/tree interface....

I think this would enhance the information display moreso than the endless unsorted listings of posts. my personal opinion of course...I am sure others would agree...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I know that we are not supposed to post "I agree" threads, but you are correct. A tree format would make much more sense with respect to organizing ATS posts. It's most disconcerting, not to mention time-wasting, to have to read all the pages in a thread to see if somebody responded to one of your posts. Great idea - I hope that ATS does go to a tree format.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I personally prefer the tree format, it gets a tad tedious clicking each page to read comments. Sometimes I only read the front page and sometimes after going through opening post I simply click the last page to see how the discussion went. I agree with you on the tree format. Most of the modern websites are doing it and it's pretty neat.

CX

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Mind if i ask what is a "tree format" is?

CX.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Please add your suggestion to the ongoing ATS/BTS What would you like to see in the future thread.

Thanks

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join