It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Island Of Dolls

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have been there. It is in the Xochimilco area in the southernmost part of Mexico City, where the old aztec canals still exist. You can get to the island by paying about 20 dollars to one of those colorful boats' drivers. Even during the day you get a really eerie feeling passing in front of the island. Those canals have claimed plenty of lives in the past (or so we were told), as people usually get paralitically drunk there and fall in the water and drown.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Holy crap! You should have put a warning in the title or something for people who are afraid of dolls! Just kidding.... sort of. That first pic is just in your face, and actually startled me! haha I am creeped out by normal dolls and I think I would be totally freaked out to see all those hanging everywhere. Anyway, interesting story nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

That is one freaaaakkyyy place. I highly doubt if i would be able to stay there the night!

Those dolls have always freaked me out, especially the one pic of the one stuffed full of dirt, with the dirt coming out of its eye sockets.

I have never heard of this place, but now you have definately made me more interested.

Great find. S&M

VVV

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Loved this! Thank you for this spooky Pre Halloween Tale! My favorite kind.

I thought I detected a flutter of movement out of the dolls eye (the one that later opened) around the time in the video where the female got spooked by it.

Then when we see the guy poking around the doll with the end of the electronic thing, the eye pops up.

I watched it several times and it really seems the dolls hair is blowing too, which implies a breeze of some sort (man made or real, because that place is creepy) so I am going to go out on a limb and say maybe the wind caught the eyelash and popped it open.

I would love to go to the idland of the dolls and stay.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
After reading this, I feel like I may be relatively sane after all

If anyone does go to this island to donate a doll, donate one of those life-size blow-up dolls. That should help lighten the mood there.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

LOL Now ide like to see that. That's hilarious.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Holy cow, you aint never seen a white boy run like me after i seen that eye open!

Boats? We don't need no stinkin boats! See ya'll bout the texas line when i finally pass out from exhaustion. lol

And hey VictorVonDoom, that already lightened the mood.Blow up dolls are funny, I don't care where ya from!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Great post! S&F

This is one of the most CREEPIEST things I have ever seen. I am one of those people who hates dolls, especially the creepy older dolls with the realistic eyes. If I landed unknowingly on this island and saw all this, I would have thought I had landed in my own personal hell.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Very good find. The eye lifting was incredible, how close he was. The roof sounds and the heat registers all of it.

I must say though, that take away the sounds and the eye and the heat signature and just leave the dolls: you still have one of the creepiest places ever.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Great thread OP S&F!! This place is crazy. I learned about it on Destination Truth as well. I about fell off my chair when that doll opened it eyes for the camera that was crazy... And that shack with all the doll's inside(that guy on Destination Truth went running out of that place so fast after something jumped on the roof)... You couldn't pay me enough to go in there after dark. Let alone the island in general.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this episode of Destination Truth. I don't care much for the show actually. And the Doll opening it's eye... meh. . We had one around my house from my sisters that the eye's didn't open and close properly just from age. If you've seen how those things work, sitting outside for who knows how many years, through weather and pressure changes I think it's pretty unlikely the eye opening thing was paranormal. Especially when he poked it with his Walkie-Talkie.

To Add: Its simply just playing on common fears (Chucky, etc.) And yes that place is damn creepy. (I do believe in Paranormal stuff but this particular TV show seems to me to play on people's fears and beliefs just for entertainment value.)

edit on 22-9-2010 by Dienekes because: Edit To Add

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Umm... was the girl's body ever found?... You know where I'm going. I instantly thought this man was guilty of something.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting find and dive into mental illness. The story was better without the "Destination Truth" videos and the annoying host. Was rather disappointed with the drama generated in that episode, particularly the carp splashing in the water.
The dolls eye opening I find a little suspicious to say the least. The expert analysis by the two stoners was laughable at best. Three orbs caught on the infrared were suspciously uniform in their distance from each other and the heights, etc. The experts didn't have much to say about them, I think they knew it was nothing but an unrelated anomoly.
The first evp sounded good, but the length was way too short to offer any fair analysis of the sound. The second evp was even shorter and didn't sound like anything imo.
Don't know what to think about the guy freaking out in the shed. Sounded like a branch hitting a tin roof to me

All in all, a very creepy place, but haunted, nah.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, Josh asked, and then received, so it seems there is a active intelligent spirit there. I personally like the episode where the camera man gets dragged 30 feet in the Hoia Bachiu forest. These spirits seems to be able to do physical actions, but how is the question. To me it seems like the same force as gravity and magnetism. Invisible, but very powerful. If you like shows that investigate ghosts, try ghost adventures. They seem to get the best footage, and go to places others don't dare. The episode where the brick flew at them was trippy..Personally I wouldn't step foot in any of these places, and those guys do it in pitch darkness...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Can you tell me where you found the images? I wanted to share it with others. Thanks,

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

For the images, I just searched "Island of Dolls Mexico" and then pressed the "Images" Button on the left =]

Oh and I used google's search engine.

edit on 22-9-2010 by Jess_Undefined because: Forgot.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

No way! My grandma bought me porcelain dolls every single Christmas too. I would make sure when I went to bed to give them all a kiss because if I didn't I thought they would get mad and come alive! I was very young and scared to death of them stupid dolls!

That island is my nightmare!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

Lol really?! Good idea though! I should of thought of that!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I was completely freaked out when i was watching this episode and saw the dolls eye open and he just thought it was kinda weird? I would have # myself.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I knew I shouldn't have read this thread...thanks...dolls freak me out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join