It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Metal Monk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
uk.reuters.com...

He ain't heavy... Italy's metal brother

Dressed in his traditional brown robe, sandals and twirling the rope around his waist, 62-year old Friar Cesare Bonizzi is no ordinary heavy metal rocker.

But as guitarists around him grind out heavy notes, the long-white-bearded Capuchin, a former missionary in Ivory Coast, has no qualms bobbing his head and shouting lyrics about alcohol, sex, tobacco and life in general into his microphone.

Describing himself as a "preacher-singer", Bonizzi has been singing for over a decade, and last month wowed heavy metal fans at Italy's "Gods of Metal" festival, where he performed with his band Fratello Metallo (Metal Brother) alongside groups such as Iron Maiden.

"About 14-15 years ago, I went to a Metallica concert and fell in love with heavy metal after I saw all the energy there," Bonizzi said after a rehearsal in a Milan recording studio. "I find (heavy metal) the most energetic, the most alive music."

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I dont see any problem with it. As long he avoids blasphemics songs

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

This guy rocks my world.

But he's retired?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I think it's funny, but where's the conspiracy? Make up one quickly or your post will be moved BTS.

-v

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

just did'nt know where else to put it, bet I could find tons of conspiracysts, I wonder which Metallica song got his attention if there is one in particular?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've heard of that guy; he's pretty cool.

Kinda reminds me of this guy:

Matthew Paul Miller (born June 30, 1979), better known by his Hebrew name Matisyahu (Hebrew:מתתיהו) is an American Hasidic Jewish reggae musician.

Known for blending traditional Jewish themes with Reggae, rock and hip hop beat-boxing sounds, Matisyahu's single "King Without a Crown" was a Top 40 hit.[1] Since 2004, he has released three studio albums as well as two live albums, two remix CDs and one DVD featuring a live concert. Through his career, Matisyahu has worked with Bill Laswell and reggae producers Sly & Robbie.
source

-TheAssoc.

edit on 21-9-2010 by TheAssociate because: Mazel tov!

top topics

join