It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Disaster - Questions About The Facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm trying to gather factual information about the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Disaster.
So far this is what I've learned, and correct me if I'm wrong, or if you have anything to add.
Keep in mind I don't want your opinion, I'm only collecting facts, I don't want this to argue.

The well has been "killed" but it will still trickle?? Time will tell I guess..
11 people were killed with 17 more injured during the incident, and 2 additional oil related deaths.
There were over 180 million gallons of oil spilled in the 5 months it took to "kill" the well?
There's been over 2 million gallons of Corexit dispersant used to "sink" the oil.
Coast Guard planes are still flying over at night spraying corexit so they don't get detected.
There's been corexit found in a family's swimming pool,
I guess that's ok as long as they don't try to build sand castles on the beach..
Because digging in the sand is now illegal?
2 feet of beach sand added to cover tar and oil?
Hmmm... A literal cover up??
I'm wondering how many people have gotten sick from eating seafood from the gulf..
How many fisherman are out of work..
How many fish have died?
50,000 dead fish on a beach in New Jersey, of which the seagulls won't even eat?
Hundreds of miles away.. Was this a result from the oil spill?
I could assume so, but I really want to leave out assumptions and get down to the facts..
In Louisiana, an influx of oil eating microbes are killing thousands of fish, crabs, stingrays, eels, and even a whale. Coincidence? I'm leaning towards no..
This is affecting the migration patterns of birds, sea turtles, and other creatures during mating season?
Ok, that's all I've got for now.. If anyone has anything to add about other long term or short term effects, that I may have missed thus far, please let me know. I'm not here to argue, but I would like some help with my research. Also, not to switch the topic but I'm also interested in anything related to vanishing forests, shrinking water tables, melting ice caps, disappearing species, growing deserts, degraded oceans, toxic pollution, signs of climate imbalance, non renewable resources, and alternative energy.
If you're wondering why I'm doing all this depressing research, it's because I'm working on a new cd.. I want to change much of my focus to expanding consciousness, and helping save the environment.

new topics

join