It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bio-Remediation or Bio-Hazard? Dispersants, Bacteria & Illness in the Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am surprised that no one here has brought forward this information. I personally monitor ATS for anything breaking concerning the Gulf Spill.

When Thad Allen announced back on July 15th that "no" more oil is being released into the Gulf, you could see a steady trend of members loosing interest here on ATS. I suppose if it’s not doom and gloom being reported everyone moves back to UFO theology.

You may be on the fence concerning this Gulf spill relating to health issues. Every day we get emails and comments from those across the US telling us about their health issues and how it potentially relates to the Gulf Spill.

I started the Test The Rain Project seeking answers to questions that the EPA either could not answer or their answers should be questioned. Since then this project has grown to where we are attempting to connect the dots between the Gulf Spill and the health issues that are being reported.

We are in the very early stages of getting results back from our first set of rain samples. I must remind everyone that we are not just testing for VOC’s. We want to know exactly without a doubt of where those toxic trace elements derived from as well as how it relates to the reported health issues. And this takes a lot of samples, testing and time to achieve these goals.

There has been a lot of research over the past month concerning the reported rashes. Last Friday Dr Riki Ott published her latest article in the Huffington Post. Bio-Remediation or Bio-Hazard? Dispersants, Bacteria & Illness in the Gulf. Her article was picked up by news outlets like The Dallas Morning News, USA Today and blog sites around the world.

But no one mentioned the article here on ATS………curious?

So I am posting her article because of its importance and how it links to what elements our project is testing for in the rain.

Excerpts from the www.huffingtonpost.com...

I first heard about the rash from Sheri Allen in Mobile, Alabama. Allen wrote of red welts and blisters on her legs after "splashing and wading on the shoreline" of Mobile Bay with her two dogs on May 8. She reported that "hundreds of dead fish" washed up on the same beach over the following two days. This was much too early for the summer sun to have warmed the water to the point of oxygen depletion, but not too early for dispersants and dispersed oil to be mixed into the Gulf's water mass. By early July, Allen's rash had healed, leaving black bruises and scarring.

Other people -- both residents and visitors to the Gulf Coast -- wrote of similar rashes or other skin problems like peeling palms. The rashes have been diagnosed as scabies and staph infections, including MRSA, the potentially lethal Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. Most cases lingered for months, as the rash did not respond well to antibiotics, steroid creams, or steroid shots.

Medical doctors are diagnosing skin rashes on Gulf visitors and residents alike as scabies and staph infections, including MRSA. The rashes resist prescribed treatments and often reoccur for months.

Its NOT scabies as quoted by our Test The Rain Project team member............

Retired Registered Nurse Allison Schmidt agrees. Referring to Allen's case, she said, "I can say without hesitation that these skin rashes have nothing to do with scabies. Scabies is a parasite, which causes a skin infection and is extremely contagious. It spreads from person to person by direct skin contact or by wearing an article of clothing worn by an infected person." Schmidt said, "If this were scabies you would see entire families infected and NOT just a single family member."

To make things worse now add a bacteria to the mix................

To make things a little scarier, some of the oil-eating bacteria have been genetically modified, or otherwise bioengineered, to better eat the oil -- including Alcanivorax borkumensis and some of the Pseudomonas. Oil-eating bacteria produce bio-films. According to Nurse Schmidt, studies have found that bio-films are rapidly colonized (p. 97) by other Gram-negative bacteria -- including those known to infect humans.

Ms Schmidt wrote a follow up article to Dr Ott's which goes into more detail.

Oil Eating Microbe Alcanivorax Borkumensis and The Ugly Truth

The oil eating microbe Alcanivorax Borkumensis, has been flourishing in the gulf since the BP disaster. Alcanivorax Borkumensis is a gram negative bacteria meaning it has a very thin cell wall vs.gram positive bacteria which has a very thick cell wall. All gram negative bacteria are considered very harmful to the host. They can cause severe immune responses.

The result is NOT pretty: Oil+ Dispersants+Genetically modified bacteria + Some of the most dangerous bacteria known to man = Unprecedented disaster in the gulf. We also know it has been found in the air, which means it will be evaporated and all that you see here will come raining down on us. Remember, the more knowledge you have the better prepared you will be to deal with this situation when it does occur.

We can not say (at this moment) that "this" is the reason for the health illnesses being reported but its an area that needs to be thoroughly researched.

Please read Dr Riki Ott's article in www.huffingtonpost.com...

And Ms Schmidt's article here....testtherain.com...

edit on 21-9-2010 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2010 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thank you and Bless you for your commitment to this Disaster. S&F is hardly a worthy enough tribute!

I wholeheartedly agree this is not over by a long-shot. Until this hits home for those in Power they will only see this as isolated incidences; how utterly ignorant of them.

The GOM poisoning is unbelievable, it is beyond my understanding of the capabilities of Humans, yet every day here at ATS I am reminded of such things about Humans. Poisoning people is a business in itself it seems, and the Future will look back at these times as the real Dark Ages.

Every since the "Son of the South" was given Authority over the Gulf mess, Ray Mabus, I have yet to hear a thing about the man and his efforts. I am placing bets on Nostradamus' reference to Mabus at this point.

I find it hard not to see all of this in the Light of Spirituality. That we are indeed transitioning so that we can break free from the worst of our Nature, so that we can overcome ourselves. Since I am not a man of Science (learned), nor a man of leadership, I can only Pray. I have stopped praying for a "healing" but now more for a "cleansing", even at the cost of the innocent. I care enough that the actions of Man will and should be brought upon Mankind! I do still pray for the Whales, the turtles, and the birds; I pray that they do not suffer because of this fiasco' of Man's Will on this Earth. May God have Mercy on them All!

Thank you for providing those links and bringing this subject back to the surface. Thank you for actively seeking the truth!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Clouds,

Thank you for bringing this important information to ATS. While the most sensational aspect of the BP Oil Gusher may well be behind us, the ramifications for the Gulf are not.

Amid the news of the continued confiscation of samples, hearing that your project is well underway is a victory!
Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

So we have genetically engineered microbes in the Gulf!? Why are people not screaming about this??

Transcript Excerpt

The problem is that in our wisdom some of our scientists have decided to see if they could tinker with the genes of this bacteria to see if it could eat oil better.

So now we have bio-engineered bacteria out there chomping oil.

Does anybody have any idea what this does to people?

Some of the medical community have found that these gram-negative bacteria, specifically Alcanivorax [borkumensis], the super-bug, can cause a MRSA like infection.

edit on 27-9-2010 by burntheships because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
All I can say is... "Colloidal Silver." Even MRSA perishes at the sight of it. No microorganism can survive in the presence of fine silver particles. You smear some of it on your rashes and scars and fresh cuts, and I guarantee zero infection. Better hurry and get some now, though, before the EPA classifies it as a "pesticide" and bans it...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thank you Clouds! S&F to you...I read the article on the Test the Rain
website. It is WELL worth the read as it is very informative.
Good on You!
Ektar

Can't wait to see the 1st results...finally got a sample to send.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
an excellent collection of info. keep up the good work.

I, for one, am glad most the doom and gloom rubberneckers have moved back to the UFO psychology, as you say. Let's leave this place for useful info like your OP.

The REAL meat of this BP/Deepwater story is just beginning.

top topics

join