It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:44am EDT

U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects

PR Newswire

WASHINGTON, Sept. 15

Ex-military men say unknown intruders have monitored and even tampered with American nuclear missiles

Group to call on U.S. Government to reveal the facts

edit on 21-9-2010 by bigvanhorn because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE:
Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

REMINDER: You MUST put all material that is not your own in the proper tags and add your own thoughts to what you are sharing. Please read: Starting a new thread.

edit on September 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvanhorn

Here is a little more detail of the story from the source the op provided.

Group to call on U.S. Government to reveal the facts

WASHINGTON, Sept. 15 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Witness testimony from more than 120 former or retired military personnel points to an ongoing and alarming intervention by unidentified aerial objects at nuclear weapons sites, as recently as 2003. In some cases, several nuclear missiles simultaneously and inexplicably malfunctioned while a disc-shaped object silently hovered nearby. Six former U.S. Air Force officers and one former enlisted man will break their silence about these events at the National Press Club and urge the government to publicly confirm their reality.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
S&F for this one.

I find it interesting that they call it "Unidentified Aerial Objects". I think there is so much stigma attached to the term "UFO" that they rather refer to it as "Unidentified Aerial Objects".

Slowly but surely, individuals like these gentlemen will come forward and start revealing these secrets. We all know what is happening out there - confirmations like these just give it some credibility and hopefully will serve as a trigger for other similar revelations.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This has to be a fake article! If it's not then it's clearly proof of UFOs tampering with nuclear weapons. How can this not have more flags?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ysterlong
S&F for this one.

I find it interesting that they call it "Unidentified Aerial Objects". I think there is so much stigma attached to the term "UFO" that they rather refer to it as "Unidentified Aerial Objects".

I think there is some truth to this statement. However, another aspect is that these phenomenon are reported to "hover", not "fly", so calling them UFOs would not be entirely accurate...unless we wanted to refer to them as unidentified floating objects.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Regardless the article itself slips up and says:

Declassified U.S. government documents, to be distributed at the event, now substantiate the reality of UFO activity at nuclear weapons sites extending back to 1948.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thanks for this massage of yours I gave you my flag.

It deserves alot more flags and I mean it..

edit on 21-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is a truly fascinating aspect of the UFO phenomena, and one that could potentially give some insight into the motivation of our otherworldly 'brothers'.

I would hypothesize that a statement is being made by the aliens (if that is what they are). A demonstration for the governments of our nuclear equipped countries.

But what is the nature of this statement?

Are they saying that, in the event of an alien invasion, our weapons would be useless against them? Or perhaps they are showing that they would not allow us to destroy each other in the event of a nuclear war?

Hopefully the latter explanation is correct, but why would they care? Perhaps they are 'farming' us after all.

I live in naive hope that the E.T's have altruistic intentions for the betterment of mankind.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Star and flag to you mate! I've been reading about these events for years, and wouldn't be surprized if the former U.S.S.R. was having the same thing happen with their nuclear weapons sites. I'm not sure however if the beings who are responsible are as concerned about us as a species, as they may be for our our atmosphere and all the other life on our planet. In the event ET's are planning a takeover of Earth, perhaps an atmosphere poluted with radiation would be just as fatal to them as it would be to us. Anyway, it's good to the Press Club is moving with this.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

For decades, there have been witnesses. Only now does this get coverage from a decent news source.

I'm curious to see if any thing will come from this. Will the gov't start a useless investigation? Will more news outlets pick up this news? Or will we see these witnesses die from unexplainable methods?

There have been a dozen times where myself and fellow conspiracists try to tell these stories to the average Joe & Jane. About 75% dismiss it as Russian aircraft. Despite all of our counterpoints that they were not terrestrial objects, these listeners still stick with the notion that they were of Russian origin or something only their reality matrix and perceive.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Wy are people so quick to believe what the government says when it's something we WANT to believe -- like aliens? Don't you guys think it is possible the government could be using this against us?

edit on 21-9-2010 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

They have to fly to the place they intend to hover over, don't they?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Very interesting!! Although I'm curious about the statement in the article that says this: "In some cases, several nuclear missiles simultaneously and inexplicably malfunctioned while a disc-shaped object silently hovered nearby." By no means am I a nuclear scientist but can someone explain to me how these missles malfunctioned? I assume that nuclear missles that are not being used lie "dormant", for lack of a better term, until they armed...I could be way off base though. The article is interesting nonetheless!! S & F

Cheers!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There's not more flags, because there is an ongoing discussion HERE

Still, this is a huge event, and it is worthy of more than one thread!! At least until Monday comes and goes. Maybe it will be something...hopefully. A reuters article is impressive for now.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Why is it that if something hovers and is saucer shaped we assume it is aliens or other worldy? It's humans that made up this whole "saucer" thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

Who assumes that?

"Unidentified Aerial Objects" have affected our Nuclear capabilities, while "Disc" shaped objects hovered nearby. That could mean anything in my opinion. This could be terrestrial tech, alien tech, private tech, state-sponsored tech, military tech, or add energy manifestations that influence electronics and have a visual aspect.

You are correct, there are probably a lot of people that assume, "alien." But not all of us, probably not even the majority of us, and certainly not the military guys putting their necks on the line to disclose it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I don't think you need worry about being farmed mate. Any of the species out there, with the technological capabilities they have been witnessed utilizing, are probably beyond needing to farm anything, especially meat.

I doubt they even eat, and if they do it would probably be unrecognizable as food by our standards.

With nano tech, food can literally be created from dirt. Well, from anything that have an atomic structure really.

Even us, with our limited technology and short research time put in, are on the cusp of being able to simply grow a slab of meat, rather than a whole living animal. I guess the reason we don't yet, is the economic impact it would have on farming.

Besides, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence stretching back many thousands of years that ET has been coming here...we haven't all been rounded up yet.
If they did intend to eat us all, after all this time, they'd be pretty hungry by now!

That's not to say that i don't think there are many, many species out there, that would gobble us up for a snack in the blink of an eye, because there more than likely is...only these would be on a technological level far inferior to those species coming here, and are probably more or less confined to their home worlds or immediate system.

I think we humans would probably fit into that category, unfortunately.

As for the nukes, since the 1950's, so-called 'contactees' and the like, have been telling us ET's are very concerned about our nuclear weapons, and have told us they are more dangerous to the fabric of space than we realize.

Also, there are reports from a watchtower guard stationed at the USAF base in Suffolk, UK (Rendlesham forest), who was stationed to watch over the nuke storage bunkers there, witnessed a UFO, silently positioned over the bunker area, shining what was described as a pencil thin beam of light down onto the tops of the bunkers, which housed the nukes.

Other reports from other areas say missiles, had been rendered inoperable after a UFO was seen shining a beam onto the silo's. Apparently they just went 'dead'.

More reports still, tell of missile launch/flight tests, where a launched missile, flying at supersonic speeds or more, was intercepted by a UFO, which flew around the missile, performing unbelievable maneuvers, while intermittently shining a thin beam of light at various parts of the missile...which then went 'dead'.

So given all of the evidence, anecdotal a lot of it may be, i'd say ET is very concerned about our possession and testing of nuclear weapons, but not from any kind of military fear.

They can apparently disable them very easily whenever they wish, so perhaps there is some truth about it impacting negatively on the fabric of space. (whatever that might actually mean!)

edit on 21/9/2010 by spikey because: Added a point.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Who assumes that?

"Unidentified Aerial Objects" have affected our Nuclear capabilities, while "Disc" shaped objects hovered nearby. That could mean anything in my opinion. This could be terrestrial tech, alien tech, private tech, state-sponsored tech, military tech, or add energy manifestations that influence electronics and have a visual aspect.

You are correct, there are probably a lot of people that assume, "alien." But not all of us, probably not even the majority of us, and certainly not the military guys putting their necks on the line to disclose it.

I think most the people on this board want to believe it is aliens.. and I think the government uses this against civilization as a whole.

The government tells the media they can't scare the population by discussing aliens/UFOs.. then the government itself intentionally ties anything they want to cover-up with aliens using disinfo agents so the media can't or won't discuss these things.

We are helping them by pushing the alien agenda. What we should be doing is pointing out that the government is hiding super tech and using aliens as a cover.. this way the story is less likely to be suppressed and the government would have to discuss this.. aliens they can easily avoid because they can pretend they don't know anything and are in the dark like us.

edit on 21-9-2010 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I think you are partly right.

Indeed the UFO subject is a golden opportunity to cover terrestrial, clandestine technology...someone see's their latest drone/fighter, whatever they want to keep quiet, it's a convenient cover to blame UFO's.

Personally, i'd be surprised if they didn't make use of it as an excuse. I would use it as a cover too, if i were in their shoes.

However, using an existing phenomena, the reports of which are not limited to this century, or the previous century, or even the century before that is one thing, claiming military and secret government technology is the entire reason for the phenomena is completely another!

Our military didn't even posses the power of heavier than air flight until the turn of the last century, they couldn't possibly be responsible for sightings reported hundreds of years ago (documented), never mind thousands of years ago.

So, yes..i agree that governments and their military will often use UFO/ET's to explain away black ops technology and tests, but it would be impossible for them to be the root of the whole phenomena.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join