It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something happened to me...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
*Sorry, previously posted in the wrong area.

...and i think this is the right place to discuss my issue. On May 10 of 2007, I went ghost hunting in Alton, IL at a Confederate grave site with a couple of friends. They were more experienced at this but it was my first (and only) hunt. We did the basic stuff you see on TV - walked around with a EMP detector, EVP work with a recording box, night vision goggles. we recorded a couple of EVP's but nothing really happened. After an hour and a half we left (about 12:30 am). So far, pretty normal. I went home that morning and called my folks (it was Mother's Day).

The following night, about 1am, my bed started to shake - hard. I would like to throw in a sex joke here but I was actually by myself...okay, also room for a sex joke. Anyway, I got up and turned on the light and laid back down. A couple seconds later more shaking. I started to feel weird. I had a swirling feeling around my back and then it felt as though energy was pouring out of my head (spontaneous Kundalini?). I didn't see or hear anything at that time but that feeling I definitely remember. Anyway, every since that night, when I'm very relaxed, I start to vibrate. And sometimes it's very intense. If my eyes are closed I start to see movement, like swirling images or sometimes even faces. I don't understand any of this but it's very bizarre to live with this type of "condition". I also used to hear buzzing sounds and sometimes popping. My name was called once. I don't get it.

If anyone has had a similar experience I would love to hear your story. I don't seem to have nightmares (more than before) and nothing seems to have harmed me, physically anyway. I did feel something poking on my chest one time which was immediately followed by a bright flash of light. I can't explain that either. Anyway, just looking for a little help or guidance. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Graphix10

I feel the vibration of my entire body when I meditate, as well. I dunno if it's Kundalini, or what. But it is a positive energy flow I can feel. Whatever you're experiencing I don't think it's really connected to the ghost hunt unless something very bad was out there and some of your guardians were there to protect you. I beleive that's what it is; your gaurdian spirit and angels. Letting you know they're around you, like I said I wouldn't associate it with Kundalini, but just your opening up your channels enough to give them room to contact you.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
when it comes to the spirt world the more you look into it the more you will find and it will fallow you. I droped my investigation of this relm many years ago due to spirts fallowing me and the more i forget about it the less they became to impact my life.

they are there but i advice you to stop looking for them. you will end up finding things you wish you never found.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Yes, as I said, that was my "last" ghost hunt. I have no interest in them, yet I still vibrate.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Interesting story, thanks for posting it. I'm not here to be skeptical, I just wanted to point out that maybe you could give some thought to a possible medical cause, such as a small seizure. There are also medications which can have some strange side effects, and there are discontinuation syndromes associated with some of them that can cause electrical currents gone amuck, within the brain.

Have you tried to rule out some of the more conventional possibilities, and medical factors, before entertaining the paranormal?

Confederate soldiers, and apparitions from the civil war period always seem to be active, but I've not heard any stories of them trying to harm someone. Do you think something might be trying to enter your body? Or perhaps just frighten you?

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I've been to about seven different doctors, and underwent a sleep study in the past couple years. I understand your skepticism. I would be and always have been skeptical of this type of stuff until it happened to me. It happened the day after I visited the grave site. My bed was shaking as if someone was standing at the end pushing it into the wall. It was that hard. Energy definitely went through my system. I'm not sure what that was, but I have a feeling someone or something was upset about the ghost hunt in the grave site. I believe the vibrations I feel are a side effect of whatever happened to me that night. I think it also activated my pineal gland which had an adverse affect on my Chakras. This is what I believe.

The vibrations continue to this day with no medical explanation. I've been tested for MS, Lupus and whatever else they can think of. Having said that, I believe this is absolutely a condition brought on by paranormal/spiritual activity.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I've never taken medication (or drugs) nor do I suffer from depression, psychosis, paranoia or any other condition that might cause delusional thoughts.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

In this event, then, there are people who can assist you in getting rid of unwanted entities. Perhaps there are people on ATS who can advise you as how to accomplish this. I know there are rituals which can be done within the home, including just asking the thing to go away, or commanding it to leave.

Maybe look for someone to do one of those "cleansings" in your home?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sounds like someone misplaced a vibrator.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I grew out of that.
It was a big thing. I simply numbed up, eventually. Insisted that I don't need the company.

Demanded that I don't have it.

You on the other hand are fully grown?
Well...good luck then.

Oh, wait..I liked your joke! I should say something about God since I like your joke...

Hmm

Oh well

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hmm...although some of the effects you described can be regularly experienced during meditation, I doubt that they are the result of some meditative practice. Did you feel heat engulfing your body? You said you felt energy? It is in the form of heat sensation? Popping sounds, light image swirling, and ringing sound are common occurrence during the meditation practice. But you also should feel the energy in the form of heat sensation as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LimbicSystem
I grew out of that.
It was a big thing. I simply numbed up, eventually. Insisted that I don't need the company.

Well...good luck then.

Oh, wait..I liked your joke! I should say something about God since I like your joke...

Hmm

Oh well

Not sure I understand your point. What did you grow out of? I don't understand the joke part either. This was no joke. It was actually kind of terrifying for a little while. The 'vibration' indicate something, just not sure what. I'm not particularly religious, so you lost me on the God joke as well. Sorry, your response was confusing as hell.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
Hmm...although some of the effects you described can be regularly experienced during meditation, I doubt that they are the result of some meditative practice. Did you feel heat engulfing your body? You said you felt energy? It is in the form of heat sensation? Popping sounds, light image swirling, and ringing sound are common occurrence during the meditation practice. But you also should feel the energy in the form of heat sensation as well.

I suppose I could interpret the vibrations as heat. Perhaps it involves some sort of temperature change, but i really only notice the vibrations. Yes, I've heard popping sounds, swirling images and ringing sounds. I've also felt like I was about to float out of my body. It's all very strange but doesn't seem to harm me in any way. Perhaps I'm slipping into a meditative state before sleep?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chezs
Sounds like someone misplaced a vibrator.

Last place in the sex-joke-of-the-week contest? Hang in there. I'm sure you'll do well in the hot dog eating.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

In this event, then, there are people who can assist you in getting rid of unwanted entities. Perhaps there are people on ATS who can advise you as how to accomplish this. I know there are rituals which can be done within the home, including just asking the thing to go away, or commanding it to leave.

Maybe look for someone to do one of those "cleansings" in your home?

Hmmm, I'm not sure I'm experiencing unwanted entities. I mean, I vibrate but i don't notice any paranormal activity around my house. I think this is an internal issue, but thanks for the input.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graphix10
Anyway, every since that night, when I'm very relaxed, I start to vibrate. And sometimes it's very intense. If my eyes are closed I start to see movement, like swirling images or sometimes even faces. I don't understand any of this but it's very bizarre to live with this type of "condition". I also used to hear buzzing sounds and sometimes popping. My name was called once.

Everything about this part of your post screams the initial phases of Astral Projection and out-of-body experiences. Many of the people who claim they can astral project always describe what you just did (sometimes they hear a ripping sound instead of popping).

One of the most active writers/researchers of astral projection was Robert Monroe who himself claims to have left his body thousands of times.

I would recommend starting with him, for more information.

One interview of his he describes those experiences as you did, haunting him every night. Obviously scary if you have no idea what’s happening to you. He was terrified. One day, he describes himself as just going with it, as if to say, “I’ll surrender completely to this sensation and if it kills me then so be it”... Well that was the beginning of his amazing research into the astral realm.

So in closing, I’m jealous, and good luck!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, you did say about it happening the next day after ghost hunting at the cemetary, and in saying it the way you did, linking it to the ghost hunting..

Now you think it may be a physiological problem, but you have been to a number of different doctors and they didn't find anything wrong right?

That leaves paranormal as the remaining possibility...

There can be paranormal occurrances that might not "feel" paranormal, but very well can be...

A bed shaking hard is not going to ever happen without some outside influence, wether it's paranormal, or a friend hiding under the bed...

I have been thrown from my bed once when I was 15 or 16, back in the '70's but I laughed out loud and went back to sleep, even though I was actually scared quite a bit from it.. nothing much further happened.. but I am pretty sure it was paranormal...

The sad thing about doctors and the paranormal is that the 2 usually never mix..

I would just not worry about what happened to you since you haven't been hurt by it...

If it does happen just ignore it so if it is paranormal, you won't be fueling it to continue... don't give it any attenton at all..

These sorts of things usually only happen to teenagers, but maybe that is just a myth..

Cheers and take care

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

Yeah, I was wondering that myself, except for the violent bed shaking part...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
From my personal experience the "ghosts" tend to follow you home and you have to be careful to cut all energy ties and do a cleansing to ensure they don't.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graphix10

Originally posted by LimbicSystem
I grew out of that.

Well...good luck then.

Hmm

Oh well

Not sure I understand your point. What did you grow out of? I don't understand the joke part either. This was no joke. It was actually kind of terrifying for a little while. The 'vibration' indicate something, just not sure what. I'm not particularly religious, so you lost me on the God joke as well. Sorry, your response was confusing as hell.

Sorry. Your joke was "I would like to throw in a sex joke here but I was actually by myself...okay, also room for a sex joke."
I loved it!
What I said about god was supposed to be, like, a sarcastic thing because, you know..you start asking someone about what to do and they might tell you to "get right with god and let him protect you because you are protected" and such.

That's actually a very good idea...I don't know where my sarcasm comes from.
And I didn't clarify my point or really give you much help. A lot of it was sarcasm.. Sorry.

What I mean by I grew out of it was that my child mind and adult mind are two different things.
For children, most are more susceptible to it to the point of it being very terrifying.

It was for me.
So I said "hmm, you're an adult..good luck then" because now that you're grown, there's really no growing out of it left.

So, see, some of what I said wasn't sarcasm.

So you really are asking for help? I guess I didn't take it very seriously. I'll try now.
A part of leaving it behind, for me, was rejecting it.
Not necessarily convincing yourself it doesn't exist. Ignorance is not bliss, so that's not what I mean at all.

I had troubles sort of like your vibrating bit. Physical things were occurring. Bed shaking at night, laying in bed, wide awake while feeling a slow moving hand running across my blanket.
Even spots of different colors going around the room. Those are pretty common for people.
The list could go on and on.

Find a way to take control. Leave fear behind. Realize that you are, indeed, protected and that you don't have to put up with being terrified.

People less suggestible to this matter do not often go through it.

edit on 2-10-2010 by LimbicSystem because: to rearrange my wording for easier understanding

top topics

<<   2 >>

join