It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Barring Food Makers from Advertising Products as GMO-Free

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoEXcUseS
I think many of your are already mislead by the titles "Non-GMO" and "GMO-Free", and don't realize that you are backing false perceptions.

Where exactly do we draw the line on Genetically Modified Organisms?

NEXUS

It sounds like you are trying to imply that biotechnology and selective breeding are the same thing, but they are not.

I draw the line when genes from other species, insects and foreign bacteria are being inserted into my food. I do believe in natural selection and we have be hybridizing plants for centuries, but biotechnology is a completely different issue.

Also, why are certain companies so afraid to let us know what is in their products? It is because no one would buy them, they would choose to buy other products.

This is why I do not want to eat the foods that they are currently called genetically modified. Also, I keep seeing articles in the media about how organic food tastes the same or how it is not any better for you, but no one ever wants to talk about the studies that show GMO foods can make you very sick, or how other countries have banned these products.

GMO Corn Linked to Liver, Kidney, Heart Damage

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I have similar thoughts simmering in the back of my mind for a few years now. If the "crop" (people) are tainted, then perhaps that "taint" imparts some protection from their technology and/or biology. Or, it simply makes us less appealing. Or, it's like getting us used to a toxin/poison, slowly, over time, building an immunity in us against us, making that a part of us, like poisonous frogs and fish. Whoever "they" may be (aliens, reptoids, whatever) won't want the poisoned, spoiled, tainted humans.

You never know. Almost all ancient religions speak about evil beings, demons, djinns, giants feasting on people.

I would really like to believe that the government is secretly doing all of the "bad" stuff in our own best interest, like giving a potentially dangerous vaccination to your child in order to prevent them from getting the full-blown disease.

BUT, perhaps this "altruistic view of the intentional contamination of the environment and its inhabitants" is spin to make the most perceptive among us feel better about what is happening all around us.

It's a dangerous mindset. Again, I'd like to believe it, but then why don't they tell us?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was listening to an interview with Jim Humble a couple of days ago and he says the FDA are shutting him down.
Now i`m no expert on Jims miracle cure and don`t know if it works but if it does, this would be another win for the " Big Pharmas" and another loss for us.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We're a community us ATS members.

What can we do about this together?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue

It sounds like you are trying to imply that biotechnology and selective breeding are the same thing, but they are not.

Its interesting but in a few of these threads over the last few days theres been one or two who seem to think they are the same and that somehow it makes GMO fine and dandy.

People really need to look at the differences, I have no problem eating food selectively breed naturally over a few hundred years, but I sure as hell dont want to eat something created in a lab forceably only in the last decade... granted hybridization can be done just as a quick but at least its through natures natural means, not a syringe... and i sure as hell know which will taste better.

Strawberries aren't organisms?.. thats some twisted logic they try to pull.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Please read this everyone:

How do you prove that a GMO fillet is safe to eat?

Compare it to regular fish. If you wanted to sell a completely novel chemical compound as food—say, a newly developed preservative—you would have to spend years feeding the stuff to laboratory animals, waiting for ill effects. By international consensus, however, genetically modified foods do not have to go through this process. All the manufacturer has to prove is that the altered species does not differ, biochemically, from its safe-to-eat, naturally occurring cousin in any way that would impact human health.

There is no indication at this point that the FDA will require genetically modified organisms to go through feeding studies.

www.slate.com...

To me this allows for sooo much tampering of results. Look at the Federal Reserve for example, the way they measure inflation and how they measured it years ago is different, they changed the method of measurement so people wouldn't freak out so much.

They can do the same here, and when you have Obama putting the former Monsanto Exec as a the Food Safety Czar then how much can you trust?

And conspiracy theorists are crazy????

Right now NOT being a skeptic is the craziesttttt thing possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 21-9-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

WOW, show me where the Tea Party has anything to do with this.

You propagandists sicken me.

I suppose the Tea Party is keeping the war going in Iraq also huh?

Another one added to the boiler room keyboard team.

edit to add- HMMMMM, did not know that the FDA was a corporation, can you tell me what they are traded as on the stock market?

edit on 21-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

There is something you can do although it may not do any good. The FDA website, left hand side, scroll till you see Regulatory Information. The first topoic is How to Comment on Proposed Regulation. That takes you to another page with instructions on commenting and petitions. The only way this might work and they back down would be from the shear numbers of people complaining. Swamp'em

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by christinaV

how do i know its GMO?

TextFor conventionally grown fruit, (grown with chemicals inputs), the PLU code on the sticker consists of four numbers. Organically grown fruit has a five-numeral PLU prefaced by the number 9. Genetically engineered (GM) fruit has a five-numeral PLU prefaced by the number 8. For example,

A conventionally grown banana would be:

An organic banana would be:

A genetically engineered (GE or GMO) banana would be:

The numeric system was developed by the Produce Electronic Identification Board, an affiliate of the Produce Marketing Association, a Newark, Delaware-based trade group for the produce industry. As of October 2001, the board had assigned more than 1,200 PLUs for individual produce items.

www.plantea.com...
creepypirate posted this on another thread

edit on 21-9-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The FDA in the US is the most corrupted law enforcing agency been paid by big corporations in this nation, I am sorry to tell you all that our own government is one of the most corrupted entities in the world right now.

We to the FDA are nothing but guinea pigs as long as the corporate mafia gets their profits.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

edit on 21-9-2010 by eventHorizon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
FDA is just pure evil.
It's here to protect big pharma families and KILL as many US citizens with poisonous drugs as they can.
Yes.
Please don't delude yourself - read about FDA.
They are not your friends!

edit on 21-9-2010 by eventHorizon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Simply put, legalised poisoning....all in the name of industry and keeping the economy going..doesnt matter who dies..as long as we are rich. Disgusting.

At this rate it will be better just to grow your own crops in your back yard and live off that.

edit on 21-9-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Beware of all acronym enforcement agencies of which assume to know what is better for you.
If something doesn't make sense, it wasn't Designed to.....

The FDA should be dispanded altogether for promoting the passing of codex alimentarious, promoting forced innoculations with untested drugs, catering exclusively to multinational corporations, inhibiting due process of law, massive crimes against humanity, the list goes on.....and on.....and sO on.....

The FDA unfortunately, has 'never' been on the side of the people it dictates to.
This should be obvious, less msm conditioning, that the FDA has been on a 'death' binge for quite some time now. Most know not who even controls the FDA. This I find most disturbing though one is free to google on.....
no?

edit on 21-9-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Death to FDA!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by soficrow

Genetic engineering, genetic modification - HUGE big business. And yeah, we are being pushed. Make that propelled.

Ya gotta wonder -

Why is the Tea Party okay with Corporate Big Government protected by international trade law, but not with us using our own big government to stand up against Global Corporate Government?

WOW, show me where the Tea Party has anything to do with this.

1. Genetic engineering and genetic modification are HUGE big business - global;

2. Trade law protects global business;

3. Nations have to comply with international law, and "harmonize" federal laws to comply;

4. The "New Right," including the Tea Party, are against Big Government as too costly and big;

BUT

5. The alternative is letting global corporations run the show through trade law - and by comparison, that's REALLY BIG government.

...I wasn't saying the Tea Party is supporting GMO, just that their stated philosophies have a few glaring hypocrisies. Hence the question:

Why is the Tea Party okay with Corporate Big Government protected by international trade law, but not with us using our own big government to stand up against Global Corporate Government?

You propagandists sicken me.

Stop looking in the mirror. You'll feel better in a few hours.

HMMMMM, did not know that the FDA was a corporation,

HMMM. Neither did I.

But I do know the Federal Reserve is a privately owned corporation. Do you?

Check out the first video here. It's short, sweet and very well done - all about the Fed.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
Simply put, legalised poisoning....all in the name of industry and keeping the economy going..doesnt matter who dies..as long as we are rich. Disgusting.

At this rate it will be better just to grow your own crops in your back yard and live off that.

edit on 21-9-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

Growing your own non-GMO crops will soon be illegal, too. Look up Codex Alimentarius. They are trying to say that nutrients and vitamins are poisonous. You're going to need a license to grow your own food, and they will have to be GMO (legally). This is the WHO at work... and the FDA obviously sides with them.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Maybe recalls should be eliminated. People don't need to know that their food is contaminated with E. coli. Maybe calories and grams of fat should be removed from labeling. People don't need the stress of bothering with that, plus it might confuse 'em. While they're at it, remove the entire ingredient list from packaging. People allergic to certain things might get confused trying to distinguish what they can or can't eat.

I thought the FDA was responsible for protecting and promoting public HEALTH. APPARENTLY NOT. If they are gonna take baby steps into the dark side, why not go balls out.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Video Interview with Jeffrey Smith author of Seeds of Deception

The Great American Food Experiment

The Great American Food Experiment and how to opt out. Jeff is in the middle of everything you see and read about Genetically Modified Organisms. This is our highest rated live show to date and Jeff leaves both my dad and I speechless. Not an easy task. Enjoy the show and watch as this blog posting gets descended upon by GMO supporters who are just “ordinary concerned citizens” with made-up identities. At least that’s what happened last time somebody on the show spoke out against GMO’s. Maybe this time will be different. I’m including some links to more info below including a handy non-GMO shopping guide.

www.fearlesscottage.com...

More information at the link.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

that's gonna be very difficult to do
when those chemtrails are sprayed
with an herbicide to wit only Monsanto
GMO products are immune from.

Basically, you eat what we tell you to eat
and if you try to by-pass the system,
then we'll kill your crops.

Sounds like a deadly monopoly
to me in which we have no choice.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join