It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are videogames training us to be soldiers?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Ad,

I am so sorry you have all these things.

I am glad that games help you.

Also, I am a kind and listening ear.

So I will contact you.

I

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Sorry, i do not understand what you are refferring to?

Could you please elaborate?

vvv

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think if anything, a lot of video games are glamorising war which in turn can make people want to join armys and shizz
like on COD and stuff
I wont play that shizz
but halo on the other hand
im into that shizz

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Gaming is becoming more and more mainstream at the moment. FPs games being the most popular.

I still believe that this is done in a way to desensitise us to the reality out there. Maybe it won't make us better soldiers or fighters, but it does give us an idea of what to expect.

Look at the game Homefront, launched recently, about a possible Korean rule in the Us, rather plausable, and a grim reality of what things can be like.

VVV

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Videogames can "wet a kids appetite" to sign up, just like war movies can do the same. But train you? No. War has very little in common with videogames. In videogames the majority of the kills is one guy shooting an opponent death with his rifle. Irl most casualiies are due to artillery, airstrikes, mortars bigguns, only the minority is due to direct action.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

METAL GEAR SOLID. Its a old 1 from xbox but the deeper you get into it,

Metal Gear Solid is NOT "from XBox" (and not -that- old, either).

It's origins are in the MSX line of computers. The game was called "Metal Gear", and it was a response to all those "blast everything" games, by making the main character extremely vulnerable, and the main goal being trying to be as stealthy as possible, instead of running in with guns blazing. There were a sequel for the MSX (or MSX2, not sure) - before the Playstation sequel, now called "Metal Gear Solid" instead of simply "Metal Gear 3", made the 'franchise' famous and successful with mainstream people.

The next sequel was, if I remember correctly, a PS2 launch title - seeing it's E3 trailer was very impressive with it's physics engine and rain effects and everything. Well, the game itself isn't as impressive as one would have thought from the trailer, but it's still a pretty good romp, although a bit childish and silly at times, and suffers from "I want to be a movie rather than a game"-syndrome, like so many games since.

It was only after THAT, that the game (and it's sequels) were ported/converted to PC, XBox, GameCube, and whatnot.

So it's definitely not FROM XBox.

Btw, X is the most masonic character you can have, right after capital "A". They love to use that .. and XBox even uses it twice in it's name! Must be some kind of a record.. also, they want people to think inside a box - they want everything to be square/rectangular/box.. look at buildings, monitors, windows, city planning, containers (actual boxes), tables, papers, computers, stereo equipment, furniture, etc.. box and rectangle rule with impunity. There's a little challenge here and there, but mostly from architechture to everyday household items, everything is pretty 'boxy' or 'rectangular'. Especially apartment buildings and rooms - places, where most people spend most of their time. And then there's of course the office with it's "cubicles" continuing this trend..

XBox is manufactured by Microsoft - the most influential, rich, and masonic corporation of them all. And you think everything comes FROM XBox... wow.

No. They don't create. They plagiarize, capitalize, package, advertize, sell, merchandize, monopolize and exploit. They don't create - never will, never have. Nothing comes originally from them.

Besides, Metal Gear Solid 2 also has it's share of masonic symbolism... the phrase "New World Order" is said out loud and in text, Military Industrial Complex is mentioned, and then there's of course the "skull suit", which I immediately thought was as masonic as you can get just after seeing it, before it was specifically mentioned to be a "skull suit" (so that it would be completel clear, sheesh)...

The suit looks like a skull wearing a skeleton.. really awful-looking piece of crap. And of course...

.. then there's the VAMPIRE, who sucks blood, making disturbing sounds, after slaughtering and mutilating some men in an unnecessarily bloody and disgusting way. There's the invincible woman (feminist, anyone? hear me roar, and all that), and on and on...

Masonic games for masonic consoles.. and army recruiting masonic soldiers for their masonic armies against the non-masonic public. What fúcked up times we live.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
no i disagree with op. Pressing buttons on a keyboard or playing with a controller is not the same as shooting a real gun. They may desensitize the users and make them curious about joining the military, but training no.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
hey VVV

To answer you .. YES and SNF
the video game has become real has ever now
and war has become to easy to kill without even being part of the warfield
look at the drones armed to the teeth.. being piloted by soldier with real pilots uniforms
from a secure base very far from the combat zone

did you read this thread .. i beated you to it

The War has Become a Freakin Video Game for the US

The "enemy" doesnt have a chance
war has become a real jk .. because robots and missile strike are used more then ever

Off topic: damn you look like Hawk Guy in the Avengers

did anyone told you that before ? ahah
edit on 7/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join